Jan 27 2013
By: nozzyboi First Son 29 posts

You guys need to use strategy when playing this game.

7 replies 271 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

I am getting pretty **bleep** off because I was a red belt at 61. And all of a sudden, I started to play a bunch of camping losers. And what makes me mad even more is that everyone is so focused on getting Ap that they allow Sackboy, Radac and Drake to just camp all **bleep** game. I mean, I can be chasing them, and stopping them from camping. And someoen will jump in and only attack me. And then they go right back to camping. Win the **bleep** game. I lost 15 straight matches and dropped back to purple belt. I had ot cut it off because I actually got on the mic in my last match and cussed out the guy who was camping with radac. And he didn't have a belt so I knew I was dropping mad points.

I can't help it though. I am a compettive guy and I play this game with some skill and strategy. But I lose to everyone who can't play and decide to pick the top three most powerful characters who will level up easily. Sly, Kratos, and Raiden

Message 1 of 8 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Re: You guys need to use strategy when playing this game.

Jan 28, 2013
If you play the game with 'skill' no way you should lose 15 in a row no matter the excuse but that's just how I feel. Who do you play as?
Message 2 of 8 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I'm thinking about changing my signature on the forums to:

Just because you have a hard time dealing with a certain tactic, does not mean that tactic is OP or spammy.

Message 3 of 8 (210 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Sounds like you need to visit the practice lab more buddy. Seriously, I've done it with level 5 sly and raiden AI and come online time it's really not that bad. It allows you to see what combos work on x character and their entire moveset. I had the hardest time fighting good Sly's as radec. It still can be a monster headache but I know which moves to use against sly and what to use against raidens.
Message 4 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Lol dont rage in FFA. There are hazards, items, random (non nuetral) stages, & 3 other ambitious people lookin to do anything to win.

This is why I just 1v1, on Practice Medium 1, items/hazards off, & 3 stock. I've fought black belts in 1v1 that dominated in FFA but was garb in 1v1. Belts & rank dont mean crap.

So my point is: If you FFA, every match you fight is more random luck than skill. If you want pure skill, do 1v1. You may not get a belt or rankef for it, but that's where all the skill is located.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 8 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Krae Krae is 999, Dante is 999, and my Ratchet is 778

Oh I use skill because I just don't spam fight like most online gamers are doing. I don't jump spam with ratchet. I don't jump spam with Kratos and leave you in the air for ten minutes pulling off combos because there isn't a freaking hold between jumps. None of that

Message 6 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 28, 2013
TrashCrap

what you need to understand is that if you played this game long enough like I have. You know when someone is spamming. People Spam with Drake, Kratos, Raiden, Radac, and Sackboy. Those characters you don't need skill. You simply need to take advantafe of no one paying attention to you.

raiden is too **bleep** fast and people get away with jumping up in the air and doing that dash slice. which then he finish with a combo. You can't stop the jump dash.

Kratos has an unstoppable air attack. He stays in the air with ridiculous combos for a long time. Which btw is not in his repertoire.

Drake, radac and Sackboy..You can let the other players fight. And you just sit back and connect with long range projectiles the entire match. And then they run away if you chase them.
Message 7 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 28, 2013

nozzyboi wrote:
TrashCrap

what you need to understand is that if you played this game long enough like I have. You know when someone is spamming. People Spam with Drake, Kratos, Raiden, Radac, and Sackboy. Those characters you don't need skill. You simply need to take advantafe of no one paying attention to you.

raiden is too **bleep** fast and people get away with jumping up in the air and doing that dash slice. which then he finish with a combo. You can't stop the jump dash.

Kratos has an unstoppable air attack. He stays in the air with ridiculous combos for a long time. Which btw is not in his repertoire.

Drake, radac and Sackboy..You can let the other players fight. And you just sit back and connect with long range projectiles the entire match. And then they run away if you chase them.

I main Sly and am working on getting better with Sackboy. None of the players you mention give me a problem in a 4 player timed FFA, which is the default game mode. If you are experiencing troubles, it is either because you prefer a different game mode that allows different strategies to work (its harder to get Sackboy's level 3 while under a time limit), or just don't know how to stop their irritating strategies. If you know what they are doing, you know they have weaknesses along with their strengths that need to be capitalized on.

I can honestly say that I don't dread fighting any character. I actually get a little more worried about the characters I DONT see as often. With enough practice, I've learned how to fight the Drakes, Raidens, Kratos, Coles, etc. When I see a Toro, I get scared that they are gonna kick my **bleep** because I don't know his moves as well.

Message 8 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes