Splicer
75 posts

Re: You few haters want to see a clone of super smash bros brawl?

Nov 19, 2012
I prefer all stars to smash. It just makes sense to me. That's not to say I hate smash.
Message 31 of 33 (76 Views)
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Itami66 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I'm a fanboy of Xbox.

Smash Bros will always sell more..

You guys are comparing this game to a four year old and six year old game.

- It has more Items and characters, may not be as balanced but still, I'm pretty sure this new Smash that they're going to release will be way more balanced, the creator even stated he wanted to work on the Finals, which will make them way more cool than they're now.

More maps, lets see, how many more game modes, more difficulties, probably way more trophies too collect, oh ya reviews are also probably going to be better than this game, It actually has cinimatic cut scenes, unlike this game.

As a lifetime Smash player, I'll always love the series even after PSASBR releases.

Now, with that being said, I do believe Smash is seen as a better game than it actually is (Especially Brawl). People around here praise it as though it's the holy grail of gaming and tend to ignore the flaws it presents. Here's a short list pertaining to Brawl specifically:

-Balance issues. It got so bad that in competitive play, they actually had to BAN a character altogether.

-In regards to items, people turn them off 90% of the time, ESPECIALLY final smashes. The issues I have with items in Brawl is that they toned down certain insta-kill items (Remember the bomb-omb in 64, anyone? Or the home run bat before they nerfed it?) and then introduced even more ridiculous ones that made the others redundant anyway (Final smashes, dragoon parts, etc...) as well as severely limiting the pokemon you can get from pokeballs in comparison to past installments, etc...

-Speaking of final smashes...Yes, Nintendo may improve the final smashes in the next installment. But that's a moot point. Why? Because for every character in this game, you essentially have three different final smashes that are already of higher quality than most of Brawls.

-The only time I've EVER seen people praise Brawl's story was once this game announced it would have a story mode. Yes, it features cutscenes. Did anyone actually LIKE Brawl's story mode though? Nope. Pretty generic crossover storyline with boring platformer gameplay and what felt like uninspired boss fights...I personally only played it once and never picked it up again. Almost everyone else I've ever spoken to did the same.

-There are only like 10 maps TOPS that people play on. The others are there just so they can say "Oh hey, we have X amount of maps!" Final Destination and the other non-hazard maps are the only ones people care about. The actual amount is moot because of this.

-The stage builder was a huge letdown. In the next installment, they may improve it, yes, but by the time Smash 4 is released, you'll be, as so, so many people love to point out around here when PSASBR is compared to Brawl, "You're comparing a brand new game to a four (Yes, since Smash 4 just started development, you're looking at about 4 years production time) year old game." So of course you'll expect it to be better, only this time you won't be defending the older of the two.

-More difficulties. People actually use those? I was under the impression people only used level 1 and 9, maybe 4-5 if they were somewhere in the middle. In classic mode? We don't know how many difficulties this game will have in arcade mode yet. Most fighting games have at least 4-5 though.

-More trophies to collect. Umm. No. Have you seen the list of unlockable content in this game?

-Reviews. Mkay, awesome. Someone might like this game more than Brawl, someone might not. That's basically what the reviews are going to amount to.

-Characters. Yes, Smash will have more characters...Given that it's already had its third entry in the series. Give it a few years, this game will catch up sooner or later. I mean, entry 1 had 20 fighters on disc. If they have 5-6 DLC characters, and they add just half the amount for the sequel, they'll have surpassed Brawl.

-Game modes. You mean the ones nobody plays? Break the targets was a step DOWN from melee. Event matches felt less inspired. Nobody ever does home run contest for a reason. Multi man melee was dumbed down and you couldn't really unlock much from them at all so there was no point in doing them...See what I'm getting at?

-In terms of sales. No, this game won't sell as many as Brawl. It also doesn't have the longstanding title of "Super Smash Bros" behind it. Do I expect this game to EVENTUALLY surpass Super Smash in sales? Yes, once this game makes a name for itself.

Also, don't trust Sakurai when it comes to balance. The way Smash works is they release a final product they believe is "balanced" and then a month later ends up terribly broken, and since it's Nintendo, don't expect any patches. At least this game will be updated as necessary.

Whhhooa. Thank goodness, reinforcements.

Photobucket
Message 32 of 33 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ResistanceMan236 wrote:

Itami66 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I'm a fanboy of Xbox.

Smash Bros will always sell more..

You guys are comparing this game to a four year old and six year old game.

- It has more Items and characters, may not be as balanced but still, I'm pretty sure this new Smash that they're going to release will be way more balanced, the creator even stated he wanted to work on the Finals, which will make them way more cool than they're now.

More maps, lets see, how many more game modes, more difficulties, probably way more trophies too collect, oh ya reviews are also probably going to be better than this game, It actually has cinimatic cut scenes, unlike this game.

As a lifetime Smash player, I'll always love the series even after PSASBR releases.

Now, with that being said, I do believe Smash is seen as a better game than it actually is (Especially Brawl). People around here praise it as though it's the holy grail of gaming and tend to ignore the flaws it presents. Here's a short list pertaining to Brawl specifically:

1-Balance issues. It got so bad that in competitive play, they actually had to BAN a character altogether.

2-In regards to items, people turn them off 90% of the time, ESPECIALLY final smashes. The issues I have with items in Brawl is that they toned down certain insta-kill items (Remember the bomb-omb in 64, anyone? Or the home run bat before they nerfed it?) and then introduced even more ridiculous ones that made the others redundant anyway (Final smashes, dragoon parts, etc...) as well as severely limiting the pokemon you can get from pokeballs in comparison to past installments, etc...

3-Speaking of final smashes...Yes, Nintendo may improve the final smashes in the next installment. But that's a moot point. Why? Because for every character in this game, you essentially have three different final smashes that are already of higher quality than most of Brawls.

4-The only time I've EVER seen people praise Brawl's story was once this game announced it would have a story mode. Yes, it features cutscenes. Did anyone actually LIKE Brawl's story mode though? Nope. Pretty generic crossover storyline with boring platformer gameplay and what felt like uninspired boss fights...I personally only played it once and never picked it up again. Almost everyone else I've ever spoken to did the same.

5-There are only like 10 maps TOPS that people play on. The others are there just so they can say "Oh hey, we have X amount of maps!" Final Destination and the other non-hazard maps are the only ones people care about. The actual amount is moot because of this.

6-The stage builder was a huge letdown. In the next installment, they may improve it, yes, but by the time Smash 4 is released, you'll be, as so, so many people love to point out around here when PSASBR is compared to Brawl, "You're comparing a brand new game to a four (Yes, since Smash 4 just started development, you're looking at about 4 years production time) year old game." So of course you'll expect it to be better, only this time you won't be defending the older of the two.

7-More difficulties. People actually use those? I was under the impression people only used level 1 and 9, maybe 4-5 if they were somewhere in the middle. In classic mode? We don't know how many difficulties this game will have in arcade mode yet. Most fighting games have at least 4-5 though.

8-More trophies to collect. Umm. No. Have you seen the list of unlockable content in this game?

9-Reviews. Mkay, awesome. Someone might like this game more than Brawl, someone might not. That's basically what the reviews are going to amount to.

10-Characters. Yes, Smash will have more characters...Given that it's already had its third entry in the series. Give it a few years, this game will catch up sooner or later. I mean, entry 1 had 20 fighters on disc. If they have 5-6 DLC characters, and they add just half the amount for the sequel, they'll have surpassed Brawl.

11-Game modes. You mean the ones nobody plays? Break the targets was a step DOWN from melee. Event matches felt less inspired. Nobody ever does home run contest for a reason. Multi man melee was dumbed down and you couldn't really unlock much from them at all so there was no point in doing them...See what I'm getting at?

12-In terms of sales. No, this game won't sell as many as Brawl. It also doesn't have the longstanding title of "Super Smash Bros" behind it. Do I expect this game to EVENTUALLY surpass Super Smash in sales? Yes, once this game makes a name for itself.

Also, don't trust Sakurai when it comes to balance. The way Smash works is they release a final product they believe is "balanced" and then a month later ends up terribly broken, and since it's Nintendo, don't expect any patches. At least this game will be updated as necessary.

im been a smash players since the first and theres some opints i really disagree

1-just wait afew months after psabr to be released for people to find the broken combos you cant say pasbr is balanced before its released people will find  playstation mk for example omar already showed us sackboy can always kill with his lvl 1 after the oponent steps on the eletric floor, for now ppl only started to use ffa when ppl dedicate to 1 on 1 we can find in any game one char that is better than all the rest

2-agree with this most brawl items are for kills they are fun on FFA only not to be used on competitive level at all

3-if nintendo makes FS diferent we never know what they can do dont jump to say there will be only one variation even before seeing the first pictures of the game

4-altough brawl story was nothing major it was alot of fun for unlocking the chars instead of having to repeat the classic mode with all the chars, and pasbr story is crap we got an intro of 6-images and sound, a rival cutscene of 50 seconds and and end of more 5-6 images how cant this be better?

5-just becuase top players only use 10 maps everyone else uses the rest and atleast nintendo made a stage for every character right now we got lots of characters without a stage or mashup

6-i agree but remenber ssbb was already reaching nintendo disc max capacity at 8+GB so they couldnt really had much more hopefully ssb4 can have more disc space

7-people do use those my causins start around the 5 and go up as they learn PASBR has 3 levels normal legendary and hard? and for what we saw the cpus legendary mode(medium) is like brawl lvl 4 they are stupid like hell lol

8-lol did you ever saw how many trophies/stickers and all the crap ssbb has to unlock?ssbb has 544 trophies

9-probably playstation more orinted magazines will give this game better review than brawl and the other way around for nintendo ones

10-sakurai said the ssb4 will have around 50 chars and not gonna be beyond that i highly doubt any fighting game goes beyond that even if pasbr gets a sequel i doubt they gonna make the chars more than 2 times the number even counting on dlc probably will only catch ssb4 around the 3rd installemant if brawl doesnt increase it.

11-more game modes never hurt any game its like saying most played Counter strike mode is bomb difusal should there still be hostage rescue and deathmatches even if they are less played? more never hurts diversity its a good thing.

12-i dont think this game will ever sell as much as brawl ,ssbb sold 7.47 million  not even god of war 3 could reach this number and its already a preety well established title for playstation  the diference is in ssbb  they make the game and fans love it in the playstation comunity they make a game and they dont include 2 or 3 3rd party chars and there own fans bash the game in every way possible its kinda off the diference between ssbb fans and pasbr fans.

about the patches your correct but it wasnt sakurai fault wii cant handle dlc or patches with its crappy system wii u will be able to handle it atleast thats a good news for nintendo to step ut their game.

Saying all this i will buy PASBR on day one same for ssb4 i have followed nintendo since the 64 and plasytation since the ps2 and will keep following both , screw xbox wanting me to pay for playing a game i just purchased online i will never follow that one. 

Message 33 of 33 (52 Views)
0 Likes