Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: You few haters want to see a clone of super smash bros brawl?

Nov 18, 2012

I'm kind of sad to see that SuperBot didn't ripoff Brawl's F Zero stage with a Wipeout stage that played just the same.

Message 21 of 33 (160 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 18, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I'm a fanboy of Xbox.

Smash Bros will always sell more..

You guys are comparing this game to a four year old and six year old game.

- It has more Items and characters, may not be as balanced but still, I'm pretty sure this new Smash that they're going to release will be way more balanced, the creator even stated he wanted to work on the Finals, which will make them way more cool than they're now.

More maps, lets see, how many more game modes, more difficulties, probably way more trophies too collect, oh ya reviews are also probably going to be better than this game, It actually has cinimatic cut scenes, unlike this game.

Thank you for giving info and rising above the likes of childplease and sniperwolf. Sales? If we wanted money and more iconic characters to increase sales, we would have gotten chuck norris, a pepsi can, or Micky mouse. It is my belief that this game will eventually surpass smash, since, yes like you said, Smash has more characters, but there will be DLC for allstars. but even then, comparing characters isn't really a valid point. Most games are perfectly fine with only one character. God of War, Mario, Assassins creed, all work pefectly fine all without having a buttload of playable characters. "but this is a fighting game" you might say. While lots of characters is good to have, its not nessesary. You can't play all of the characters, you may not want too. Items, meh, you can turn those off and on, and its not really a game changing thing like gameplay or graphics. Maps? In the end, most just want a flat place to fight, with little intruptions. Professional reviews are just peoples opinions that they have decided to give to the public, they dont do jack squat but scare people away from games. The next smash will have cenemetics you say? expected, but will the characters speak, or are they still mute?

Photobucket
Message 22 of 33 (156 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ResistanceMan236 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I'm a fanboy of Xbox.

- It has more Items and characters, may not be as balanced but still, I'm pretty sure this new Smash that they're going to release will be way more balanced, the creator even stated he wanted to work on the Finals, which will make them way more cool than they're now.

More maps, lets see, how many more game modes, more difficulties, probably way more trophies too collect, oh ya reviews are also probably going to be better than this game, It actually has cinimatic cut scenes, unlike this game.

Thank you for giving info and rising above the likes of childplease and sniperwolf. Sales? If we wanted money and more iconic characters to increase sales, we would have gotten chuck norris, a pepsi can, or Micky mouse. It is my belief that this game will eventually surpass smash, since, yes like you said, Smash has more characters, but there will be DLC for allstars. but even then, comparing characters isn't really a valid point. Most games are perfectly fine with only one character. God of War, Mario, Assassins creed, all work pefectly fine all without having a buttload of playable characters. "but this is a fighting game" you might say. While lots of characters is good to have, its not nessesary. You can't play all of the characters, you may not want too. Items, meh, you can turn those off and on, and its not really a game changing thing like gameplay or graphics. Maps? In the end, most just want a flat place to fight, with little intruptions. Professional reviews are just peoples opinions that they have decided to give to the public, they dont do jack squat but scare people away from games. The next smash will have cenemetics you say? expected, but will the characters speak, or are they still mute?

The characters will stay mute, most of them don't talk anyway.

It's better that way,

Message 23 of 33 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I'll never understand why they can't both be good games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 24 of 33 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Niceneasy92 wrote:

I'll never understand why they can't both be good games.

PSABR is a good game.

Smash is a great game.

Message 25 of 33 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 19, 2012
opinions are everywhere right now,
can't we all just accept each other's opinions?
if not, can't we just agree to disagree?
Play For Fun!
Message 26 of 33 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 19, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I'm a fanboy of Xbox.

As a lifetime Smash player, I'll always love the series even after PSASBR releases.

Now, with that being said, I do believe Smash is seen as a better game than it actually is (Especially Brawl). People around here praise it as though it's the holy grail of gaming and tend to ignore the flaws it presents. Here's a short list pertaining to Brawl specifically:

-Balance issues. It got so bad that in competitive play, they actually had to BAN a character altogether.

-In regards to items, people turn them off 90% of the time, ESPECIALLY final smashes. The issues I have with items in Brawl is that they toned down certain insta-kill items (Remember the bomb-omb in 64, anyone? Or the home run bat before they nerfed it?) and then introduced even more ridiculous ones that made the others redundant anyway (Final smashes, dragoon parts, etc...) as well as severely limiting the pokemon you can get from pokeballs in comparison to past installments, etc...

-Speaking of final smashes...Yes, Nintendo may improve the final smashes in the next installment. But that's a moot point. Why? Because for every character in this game, you essentially have three different final smashes that are already of higher quality than most of Brawls.

-The only time I've EVER seen people praise Brawl's story was once this game announced it would have a story mode. Yes, it features cutscenes. Did anyone actually LIKE Brawl's story mode though? Nope. Pretty generic crossover storyline with boring platformer gameplay and what felt like uninspired boss fights...I personally only played it once and never picked it up again. Almost everyone else I've ever spoken to did the same.

-There are only like 10 maps TOPS that people play on. The others are there just so they can say "Oh hey, we have X amount of maps!" Final Destination and the other non-hazard maps are the only ones people care about. The actual amount is moot because of this.

-The stage builder was a huge letdown. In the next installment, they may improve it, yes, but by the time Smash 4 is released, you'll be, as so, so many people love to point out around here when PSASBR is compared to Brawl, "You're comparing a brand new game to a four (Yes, since Smash 4 just started development, you're looking at about 4 years production time) year old game." So of course you'll expect it to be better, only this time you won't be defending the older of the two.

-More difficulties. People actually use those? I was under the impression people only used level 1 and 9, maybe 4-5 if they were somewhere in the middle. In classic mode? We don't know how many difficulties this game will have in arcade mode yet. Most fighting games have at least 4-5 though.

-More trophies to collect. Umm. No. Have you seen the list of unlockable content in this game?

-Reviews. Mkay, awesome. Someone might like this game more than Brawl, someone might not. That's basically what the reviews are going to amount to.

-Characters. Yes, Smash will have more characters...Given that it's already had its third entry in the series. Give it a few years, this game will catch up sooner or later. I mean, entry 1 had 20 fighters on disc. If they have 5-6 DLC characters, and they add just half the amount for the sequel, they'll have surpassed Brawl.

-Game modes. You mean the ones nobody plays? Break the targets was a step DOWN from melee. Event matches felt less inspired. Nobody ever does home run contest for a reason. Multi man melee was dumbed down and you couldn't really unlock much from them at all so there was no point in doing them...See what I'm getting at?

-In terms of sales. No, this game won't sell as many as Brawl. It also doesn't have the longstanding title of "Super Smash Bros" behind it. Do I expect this game to EVENTUALLY surpass Super Smash in sales? Yes, once this game makes a name for itself.

Also, don't trust Sakurai when it comes to balance. The way Smash works is they release a final product they believe is "balanced" and then a month later ends up terribly broken, and since it's Nintendo, don't expect any patches. At least this game will be updated as necessary.

Message 27 of 33 (115 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 19, 2012
The Nintendo fanboys are strong in this thread. Nothing new will be added. The developer of tekken already said so. They will balance the game out and remove but not add things to it. Not sure where you go your sources from fruity.
Message 28 of 33 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 19, 2012

cant use a definition like that lol since ssbb cant be a clone of itself that logic has no sence a clone needs to be a separated organism not the same one and the comparison is legitimate ppl who dont pay attention to details will not see a diference on just abit of gameplay of each to say pasbr is diferent

Message 29 of 33 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 19, 2012
that is a long list...
Play For Fun!
Message 30 of 33 (103 Views)
0 Likes