Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Re: Yet another Cloud Strife Moveset

Jan 23, 2013

I am now obliged to post this.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 31 of 35 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 23, 2013

valcroy12 wrote:

I'm sorry to you fanboys but I think his restore materia may be a bit over powered. 50 seems to be a bit much for just a few half seconds of charging. 

This is just an estimation.

It would depend on how much he needs for his supers etc.

Also if he really manages to charge the full points he would still be very open to every attack or Super.

But maybe I should strech the three seconds a bit. It was just easy to calculate as I am very bad at math. XD

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 32 of 35 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

I am now obliged to post this.

Negimafan, you make really great movesets!

What do you think about my Cloud Set?

Feel free to criticise, I absolutely respect your opinion! :smileyhappy:

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 33 of 35 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 26, 2013

roydgriffin wrote:

Well first off, I like that you made it since having 3 of them (that I know of) gives SuperBot several perspectives to work from if they consider him. Showing them how many people are that devoted to his inclusion can only be a good thing. I don't know much about the FF series, but it seems pretty faithful to his gameplay (always a plus).

I like how you didn't make him a standard sword-user like Raiden or Dante. It gives him his own feel. That said, while I know you had a theme going, having his launching move (Climhazzard) being tied to  + PlayStationTriangle.png instead of  + PlayStationSquare.png is a little strange. Nariko is currently the only one to deviate from the norm in that degree (her counter is tied to PlayStationTriangle.png instead of PlayStationCircle.png while her downward smash is tied to  + PlayStationTriangle.png instead of  + PlayStationSquare.png).

Some of those Materia moves seem a little powerful, almost like better versions of Big Daddy's Plasmids. Would they be toned down from how they're used in FF7? On another note, their controller-placement seems a little confusing: the Lightning Materia being tied to both  + PlayStationCircle.png and  + PlayStationCircle.png depending on if they're used in the air along with.

All around he seems like he could be a pretty strong rush-down character on his sword-moves alone. I don't mind something like this being his move-set at all.

If you want to improve it even more, try throwing in some extra data, like AP-netted or hit-effects (i.e. what happens to the target when this move is used on them).

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 34 of 35 (67 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

roydgriffin wrote:

Well first off, I like that you made it since having 3 of them (that I know of) gives SuperBot several perspectives to work from if they consider him. Showing them how many people are that devoted to his inclusion can only be a good thing. I don't know much about the FF series, but it seems pretty faithful to his gameplay (always a plus).

I like how you didn't make him a standard sword-user like Raiden or Dante. It gives him his own feel. That said, while I know you had a theme going, having his launching move (Climhazzard) being tied to  + PlayStationTriangle.png instead of  + PlayStationSquare.png is a little strange. Nariko is currently the only one to deviate from the norm in that degree (her counter is tied to PlayStationTriangle.png instead of PlayStationCircle.png while her downward smash is tied to  + PlayStationTriangle.png instead of  + PlayStationSquare.png).

Some of those Materia moves seem a little powerful, almost like better versions of Big Daddy's Plasmids. Would they be toned down from how they're used in FF7? On another note, their controller-placement seems a little confusing: the Lightning Materia being tied to both  + PlayStationCircle.png and  + PlayStationCircle.png depending on if they're used in the air along with.

All around he seems like he could be a pretty strong rush-down character on his sword-moves alone. I don't mind something like this being his move-set at all.

If you want to improve it even more, try throwing in some extra data, like AP-netted or hit-effects (i.e. what happens to the target when this move is used on them).

Thank you for your feedback! :smileyhappy:

Yeah, I was thinking very long about mapping the Lightning Materia to both  + O and  + O (air) (I have no idea how to use the original PS Symbols like you XD), but it seems more natural to push up when you're shooting up and down when you're shooting down.

And yeah, they would have to toned down from the original FFVII - Crisis Core and Dissidia toned it down because the new Battle System called for it, so kind of like that if that gives you a picture.

The reason why I put the launch move on + /\ is just because I wanted all the Limit Brakers to be /\ attacks, for orders sake.

But I agree with you, that gameplaywise switching up [] and up /\ would make a whole lot of sense. XD

Maybe I'll revisit it.

Btw I'm working on a Alundra moveset right now! :smileyhappy:

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 35 of 35 (57 Views)
0 Likes