Jan 23 2013
By: roydgriffin Lombax Warrior 149 posts

Yet another Cloud Strife Moveset

[ Edited ]
34 replies 519 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

I know, there already are some very well-made fan movesets for him, I just wanted to give it a try, since FFVII is my favourite game. Smiley Happy

I imagined pushing those combinations on a controller and arranged them for what seemed most natural.

I tried to base all his moves on the original FFVII and, thinking of Omars recent interview, where he mentioned they were thinking about how to incorporate the idea of a turned based battle system, I tried something to kind of simulate that –

So I made him able to charge almost all his attacks.

This means his usage would have to be very tactical, to really get to his maximum potential. He would be strong, but a bit difficult to use. If you just push the buttons he will get down quickly, but put a strategical charge here and there with the right timing – and he is a beast!

If something sounds strange to you, I'm sorry, english is not my first language. :/

So here goes nothing!

Edit: Added some possible combos! Smiley Happy

_______

Square: []

Triangle: /\

Circle: O

_______

neutral [] – Cut: -  a simple slash with his sword. 4 hit combo possible by pushing [], [], [], [] that looks similar to his 4x-cut Materia usage.

forward [] - Plunge: - a short dash swordfirst in a direction (perfect setup for up /\ - Climhazzard!)

up [] – Throw: Throws a random item at enemies (a grenade that explodes at impact, a toy-SOLDIER that only does little damage or Dazers, that can stun for a moment)

down [] – Deathblow: A mighty single blow with the sword that strikes the enemy down - kind of slow, but a good finisher for combos.

aerial neutral [] – Cut (air): a simple slash with his sword. 4 hit combo possible by pushing [], [], [], [].

aerial forward [] – Plunge (air): a short air dash swordfirst in a direction.

aerial up [] - Signature move: Spins his sword quickly above his head.

aerial down [] - Dive: Cloud propells himself down and lands his sword into the ground.

Note for his /\ Moves:

These are based on his Limit attacks, so when he charges them, an orange light engulfes him, like in FFVII when he readies a Limit Breaker.

neutral /\ - Cross Slash: Cloud deals up to 3 hits that stun the victim. chargeable for three levels: one slash - very short stun, two slashes - short stun, three slashes - medium stun

forward /\ - Blade Beam: Cloud slices into the ground, unleashing an energy wave that dashes forward into the opponents. chargeable for more range and power.

up /\ - Climhazzard: Cloud leaps up launching anyone in front him into the air with his sword. Chargeable for more height and slightly more range

down /\ - Finishing Touch: Cloud swirls his sword above his head and creates a small tornado that smashes those surrounding him away. Chargeable for more durance, additional hits and slightly more range.

aerial neutral /\ - Braver: Cloud readies his sword behind his back, stays airborne for a moment, then plunges to the ground with a frontal slash. Chargeable for more impact.

aerial forward /\ - Blade Beam (air): If Blade Beam is used midair, the energy wave moves diagonally towards the ground. Chargeable for more range and power.

aerial up /\ - Climhazzard (air): Same as ground version, safe for Cloud starting rushing up in midair. Chargeable for more height and slightly more range.

aerial down /\ - Finishing Touch (air): Same as ground version. Chargeable for more durance, additional hits and slightly more range.

Note for his O Moves:

These are based on Magic, so when he charges them, green streams of light surround him, like in FFVII when he casts a Spell.

neutral O – Ice Materia: Casts an iceblast at the opponent right next to him. Chargeable up to Ice3 for a bigger blast and more hits.

forward O – Fire Materia: Shoots a fireball straight in one direction. Chargeable up to Fire3 for more range and size. Can aim slightly while charging.

up O – Lightning Materia: A bolt blasts out of Clouds hand vertically up. Chargeable up to Bolt3 for more impact. Can aim slightly diagonally while charging

down O – Restore Materia: Cloud puts his sword on his back and casts a light around him, which adds a slight amount of AP. Chargeable up to Cure3. Charging takes 3 seconds and adds three times 5 AP every half second for the first half, 10 AP every half second two times after that, and if he can finish charging it, Cloud gains another 15 AP for a total amount of 50 AP. He has a slight delay after that when he takes out his sword again.

aerial neutral O - Gravity Materia: Creates a black field in the air that hurts and traps enemies for a moment  if they touch it. Chargeable up to Demi3 to make it bigger.

aerial forward O - Fire Materia (air): Shoots a fireball straight in one direction. Chargeable up to Fire3 for more range and size. Can aim slightly while charging.

aerial up O - Contain Materia - Freeze: Surrounds Cloud with an icy mist which turns into a solid Rock of Ice that hurts and freezes enemies for a moment. Chargeable to make it bigger.

aerial down O – Lightning Materia (air): A bolt blasts out of Clouds hand vertically down. Chargeable up to Bolt3 for more impact. Can aim slightly diagonally while charging.

Supers:

Super lvl 1 - Ultima: Cloud plunges his sword into the groud, creating a green, spherical Explosion arround him that kills directly surrounding opponents.

OR

Braver: Cloud jumps up and crashes with a mighty swing of his sword into his opponent as suggested by Strife93

Would need a different aerial neutral /\ then.

Super lvl 2 - Meteorain: Cloud jumps lightning fast into the air and launches several medium sized meteorites in all directions.

Super lvl 3 - Omnislash: Cloud goes berserk and throws various slashes arround like there is no tomorrow. You can move him arround the stage while he is doing that. (he moves by making short teleport jumps after every slash) Shortly before the time runs out he will jump high and land his final smash with a medium sized explosion automatically where he last stood.

OR

Omnislash as a screan cleaner, as suggested by ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.

Works fine by me too!

Throws:

Side throw “Not today”: Cloud lands the broad side of his sword in his opponents side and throws him behind him with one sweep.

Up throw “Signature throw”: Cloud uses his sword to lift his opponent in the air and spins it like a sawblade over his head. (Similar to aerial up [] - Signature move, but on the ground)

Down throw “Memorial”: Cloud sweeps his foot to bring his opponent to fall and launches his sword into him.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Cloud does his SOLDIER pose – one foot to the front, one hand in his hip and says “This is how it’s done!”

Taunt 2: Cloud does 2 quick squats and sighs bored.

Taunt 3: Cloud holds his sword to his forehead and meditates a moment.

Victory Poses:

Victory 1: His signature Victory Pose – He spins his sword above his head, then heaves it on his back.

Victory 2: Rams his Sword into the ground with two hands and closes his eyes while still holding on to it.

Victory 3: Cloud lifts his sword on his shoulder and turns arround, ready to move on.

Intros:

Intro 1: Cloud reaches for his sword, stomps two times with the tipp of his shoe on the ground, then readies his sword. (like his taunt in Ehrgeiz)

Intro 2: He throws a green materia into the air, catches it, and attaches it to his sword saying “I’m ready.”

Intro 3: Enters on the Hardy Daytona Motorbike and gets off saying “Another Battle…”

Edit: Combos!

Some possible combinations:

forward [] - Plunge -> up /\ - Climhazzard -> aerial neutral [] – Cut (air) [], [], [], [] Combo

aerial up O - Contain Materia - Freeze (max. charge) -> aerial down /\ - Finishing Touch (air)

neutral /\ - Cross Slash (med. - max. charge) -> forward [] - Plunge -> neutral [] – Cut [], [], [], [] Combo -> down [] – Deathblow

Thanks for reading!

I hope you can see what I was trying to do!^^ Feel free to tell me what you like, and what you don't like!

I know the chances for him getting in are not the highest, but I still wanted to create a moveset that I as a hardcore FFVII fan would enjoy.^^

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 1 of 35 (519 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Re: Yet another Cloud Strife Moveset

Jan 23, 2013
Very nice, I like this!

Kudos
Message 2 of 35 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jan 23, 2013
i prefer tifa.
we need more chicks in the game. fat princess has huge **bleep**, but she is too fat. balance it out with tifa instead.
so come up with a moveset for tifa.
Message 3 of 35 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I feel that Omnislash would be a simple screen clearer similar to how Toro's looks

Message 4 of 35 (497 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I feel that Omnislash would be a simple screen clearer similar to how Toro's looks

Makes sense. But in that case why not just crash the Highwind into the match, that'd be more of a spectacle. Smiley LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 5 of 35 (474 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 23, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

You're probably right...

I will add this possibility into the description! Smiley Happy

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 6 of 35 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 23, 2013

black_dhalsim wrote:
i prefer tifa.
we need more chicks in the game. fat princess has huge **bleep**, but she is too fat. balance it out with tifa instead.
so come up with a moveset for tifa.

Dude, I LOVE Tifa! She's like my favourite female Video Game Character ever!

I'd love to come up with a moveset for her!^^

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 7 of 35 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I think Braver might be a better L1. I know it's simple, but that's kind of what L1's are. It'd pretty much just be a faster version of Big Daddy's Little Sister attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 8 of 35 (458 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

I think Braver might be a better L1. I know it's simple, but that's kind of what L1's are. It'd pretty much just be a faster version of Big Daddy's Little Sister attack.

I also wanted to do it like this at first (like a small Version of Jacks Lvl2), but then I wanted Braver to be chargeable. Also I wanted to only use Limit Breaks as /\ moves, and Cross Slash wouldn'd work that well in the air.

But both would be cool for me!

My Alundra Moveset:
Message 9 of 35 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Jan 23, 2013
dude i love the move set have you sent that to superbot yet? If not I'll do it for you, with your name and stuff on it.
Message 10 of 35 (424 Views)