Nov 17 2012
By: mtjjrstccw1 Treasure Hunter 5383 posts

Y'know Forumers...about the Story Mode...

62 replies 524 views Edited Nov 17, 2012

Ok c'mon, you guys are actually complaining? what were you expecting, a deeply driven story campaign on the same caliber as Uncharted? CMON! ok I'll admit I was like you guys a bit, but then I remember something Omar said "This is a game that doesn't take it self seriously" a game where Sackboy can b**** slap Kratos can't be serious...Of course the stories are gonna be funny!...I mean this games bread and butter is multiplayer...would you rather them focus more on Story but have a crappy multiplayer? I think not...just be glad we even GOT a story to go along with the ARCADE mode...most arcade modes in fighting games don't even have stories...SSB took 3 games before doing a deep story campaign, and this is THE FIRST GAME! yet we still at least have a story for it...My gosh you guys just love to complain don't you? Of course I don't mean all of you, and tbh, I like the cutscenes and find the rivalries hilarious...this game is about thanking the PS fans and letting them sit on a couch, laugh and have a blast!

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 1 of 63 (524 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Y'know Forumers...about the Story Mode...

Nov 18, 2012
How about a reason for them fighting?
Kratos' story mode has no reason.
That's all I wanted to be honest Smiley Happy

Talking about Rivalries. It doesn't seem like ANY has crossing rivalries. Like A is fighting B, B is fighting C. It's A vs B, B vs A, right now.
I guess we wait for Sweettooth's story mode to find out.
Message 2 of 63 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 18, 2012

i don't care if its funny that's good most are complaining that the intros are not cinematic and are comic book style is what ppl are mad about

Message 3 of 63 (498 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Yea I won't more of a motivation for each of the fights.
Message 4 of 63 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 18, 2012

My problem with the stories I've seen (Ratchet and Kratos) is one second they're in one location in the beginning of the story (for instance Olympis) and the next second Kratos is in Parappa Town. I probably missed something, and its not that big of a deal, but thats my only problem, other than the disappointing reveal of Polygon Man. The boss is awesome, but the way they introduce him to the character before the fight was a let down.

Message 5 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Well said tbh
Message 6 of 63 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Yeah the story mode is a little disapointing really quick cutscenes.... but the game is pretty fun I didnt get it for the story mode anyway
Message 7 of 63 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

they all live in the playstation so i take it as they all live in the same universe the playstation universe and polygonman is jelly that all his psmates are getting all the love and not him

Message 8 of 63 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Besides, Story Mode is just a small distraction. People will spend most of the time playing online with others.

I dont think the forums should be acting as if the people who are disappointed with the story mode are saying the game sucks, or that they love to complain. Its just those people thought it would be more of a story mode than an arcade mode with it being focused around one big story, instead of a beginning and an end with a scene in the middle.
Message 9 of 63 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Guys does it really matter? I mean Superbot them aren't best selling authors, what did you expect from them? I still think they did a great job regarding the story...as for the intros and endings...who cares? they wanted to focus more on multiplayer anyways...we get 20 3d cinematic cutscenes, alot for THEIR FIRST GAME! guys you are expecting too much from the story...THEY HAD VOICE ACTING FOR THEIR CUTSCENES UNLIKE SMASH, which is alot of work when you think about it...just be grateful there is a story at all...I'm glad they didn't focus so much on story because the multiplayer is amazing
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 10 of 63 (416 Views)
0 Likes