Oct 20, 2012
Haha, yes! Very true

Message 11 of 26 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Re: X to jump is ruining the gameplay for me

Oct 20, 2012

OK outside those on this forum who are pretending to be naive, I want the few of you to understand that it's a seperate button configuration, so it wont affect you.

Message 12 of 26 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 20, 2012

psychoticmantis wrote:

It's counter-intuitive to the way I like to play. For me jump is up on D-pad. The game is somewhat stiff to play especially in when you take into account the size of the map and all the platforming that has to be done, up on D-pad will help smooth out the gameplay, even if it's just from an standpoint of intuitiveness.

What I'm hoping for is a seperate configuration that allows for Up on D-pad for jumping.

Edit: I've fallen into the spike tra countless times, please make these changes.

Yea actually. Now that I think about it. All my problems rely in the Button Configurations-

The X as jumping as you said is 1 problem.

Another is the button layouts. Im just the type of guy who needs for certain moves to be certain buttons. Like for instance Jak. In order to turn into Light and Dark Jak in his own game, you need to press L2, but in all stars its R2. Same apply to his melee moves. In his games its different buttons so like I said thats another problem.

Another problem which is a big problem is the dogde and roll. I found out by testing it that its not as accurate like how the system is in Smash series. Apparently, even when timed right you can still get hit with any move while roll dodging. The shield is fine, but not the dodge.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 13 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Oct 20, 2012
This has got to be the lamest complaint in the history of complaints.
Gj earning that title xD
Message 14 of 26 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 20, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Gj earning that title xD

So because it has nothing to do with chars or stages or gameplay its a lame complaint.

Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 26 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 20, 2012
It's true that it wouldn't take anything away from the game in it's current, build. But, it is not Smash Bros, and playing it like that is a mistake, considering this difference is the furthest thing from gamebreaking. Instead of wanting it to be more like Smash Bros, relish the differences and learn to play it as a standalone game. But if you don't think it's worth the effort, don't play. But I honestly think that reconfiguring is the better option. The game has a lot to offer, IMO.
Message 16 of 26 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I guess you will be able to change controls so dont worry Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 26 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
It's true that it wouldn't take anything away from the game in it's current, build. But, it is not Smash Bros, and playing it like that is a mistake, considering this difference is the furthest thing from gamebreaking. Instead of wanting it to be more like Smash Bros, relish the differences and learn to play it as a standalone game. But if you don't think it's worth the effort, don't play. But I honestly think that reconfiguring is the better option. The game has a lot to offer, IMO.

Thats not exactly the problem. Where just using Smash as an example. The mechanics arrent that well polished yet so using unique or different as an excuse does not justify the problem.

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 26 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 20, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Gj earning that title xD

So because it has nothing to do with chars or stages or gameplay its a lame complaint.

Its lame since in 90% of the games you can jump X is the jump  so no problem being in this game also.

Message 19 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 20, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Gj earning that title xD

Its lame since in 90% of the games you can jump X is the jump  so no problem being in this game also.

Its not about overall games genuis. Its about games with gameplay similar to this where as jumping most of the time is X and the up button.

Only time will tell.
Message 20 of 26 (57 Views)
0 Likes