Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Wow, well I'm done.

Nov 27, 2012
What are you talking about with drakes blind fire? Is it a glitch? I thought he had to reload after each burst he fires off.
Message 81 of 107 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 27, 2012
there's a video of it somewhere. He puts up cover real quick but cancels it out and he just keeps firing...there's like a few miliseconds inbetween each stream.
Message 82 of 107 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 27, 2012
^the infinite video?
Play For Fun!
Message 83 of 107 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Well the only thing Superbot can really do is lower the AP gain of the cake you hate so much. How does 20 AP per cakenator hit sound to you? And you can't use the cakenator if one is already stuck on the floor. Disappears in 10 seconds if left still.

Message 84 of 107 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I agree to a certain degree. While I love the game itself there's definitely a lack of content and the online is broken garbage. Due to latter fact, I can't tell much about spammers but we will see...maybe in about 1 year when the whole thing is finally working.

Message 85 of 107 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

achus93again wrote:
who are you fighting against anyway?
i've never come across any spammers,
lucky me...

I'll do unranked a lot because my 2v2 partner doesn't play as much as I do (my main is almost cap, his is 250) and almost everyone I fight there and in ranked just spams.  Over and over and over again.

It's not like I don't know how to combat spam.  I roll out of the way, block, etc.  But spam attacks almost always have priority hell I even took to air evading nutsackboy's cakes and it'll still hit me even if I push the evade button.  I'll even use character moves to avoid it, but characters like big daddy have priority over all of my skills and I'm caught in his crap.  

I ran into someone with a 108 black belt...know what they did?  They blind fired with Drake, took cover, and then continued the animation for a CONSTANT stream of blind fire.  Since his attack doesn't knock back, but has stopping power you can trap someone in it constantly.  My team mate got trapped in it and I thought it wasn't so bad so I went to deal with the Drake.  He'd jump around and push barrels over or slide on the ground over and over and over and over again until he could get ME trapped in the spam too.  Then proceeded to tell me he was the number 1 Drake in the whole world.  

Their are a lot of black belt players who spam their way to the top against not so great players but don't worry when superbot put in a 1v1 rank system me,you and others can put them were they belong.

Message 86 of 107 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

OP, perhaps you could say a little bit more about the moves these spammers use and what you tried against them. Why? Because I find it just unbelievable that there could be the possibility of spamming being so effective, given the fact that this game has been created and tested by people, who have a lot of experience in these things. On top of that, I've never seen anyone win a tournament by spamming just one move, in ANY fighting game.

I myself play a lot of 2v2 quick matches, as I am still figuring out which character to use. But I have never encountered a spammer which made me think: WOW THIS IS OP. Sure, I lost to some of them, but eventually I found a way against their strategies.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 87 of 107 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I use Sir Daniel almost the entire time, I knida hate it that there is a few combos for him though and he is a bit underpowered, any way when there are spammers that I'm playing against, I the hell out of them with the squre3x combo to show them that I'm not screwing around. But I feel you with these spammers but I still play because I enjoy this gam a lot and I get tired of Battlefield 3's bull crap.

Message 88 of 107 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Caddock93 wrote:

I use Sir Daniel almost the entire time, I knida hate it that there is a few combos for him though and he is a bit underpowered, any way when there are spammers that I'm playing against, I the hell out of them with the squre3x combo to show them that I'm not screwing around. But I feel you with these spammers but I still play because I enjoy this gam a lot and I get tired of Battlefield 3's bull crap.

The trick to sir Dan i found is to constantly have your dragon fire out, and to use the head on the hand to MAKE your opponent have watch out for hazards other than your sword Smiley Happy also, i like getting people with the return arc on the axe (triangle)

Message 89 of 107 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I agree with almost everything op mentions without the swearing and that the game is a pile of "garbage". I've experienced, more often than not, the same issues in terms of characters warping online, game crashing my ps3 frequentlyand various bugs and glitches even in offline mode.
The game is seriously fun when things are working and I do hope a patch comes soon to correct most of these issues.
Message 90 of 107 (91 Views)
0 Likes