Reply
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2012
Offline
850 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013
Sly's Upper Tier, so of course he needs a big nerf! /facepalm

If anything, he needs a slight one. Maybe a bigger cooldown for his Thunder Roll to prevent people from spamming it, a bigger frame of interruption for his Level 1 to prevent everyone from complaining about it, and a slightly smaller hitbox for his Level 3. Anything more would be overkill IMO.
Message 41 of 57 (185 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
889 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013
Sly needs a fix on his forward triangle if you block he goes to far back they should bring him a bit closer or at least close enough to hit with a attack that charge forward like sweet tooth forward square. His forward o should hit if you block the electricity it should hurt as long as it last. But like I said this shouldn't be nerf drastically but a little. Way you guys make it sound is like those are his only good move which is COMPLETELY FALSE. All his squares are good, his tnt thing reflects projectiles and gets good ap and covers a good amount of space. His teleport is great and parry matched with up square square gets great ap. His mine is like a less powerful sweet tooth mine that being said it works as a "back up plan".
Level 1 is good.
level 2 is fine.
level 3 is good but imo should be more accurate but don't care if they don't change.
I hate sly but when I use his I stick to small combos . Small combos= big ap
Message 42 of 57 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2012
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Those who say he's OK because he can't block are stupid. He has the best teleport and the fastest counter that works at full screen, and even steals AP. Hell, you can even win games spaming only his counter, if you play only against Radecs, Jaks or Ratchets is an instant win.

His defense is pretty solid. Safe on block moves, fast full screen counter and teleport. And on top of all, a Lvl 1 that can be launched without fear of being interrupted with huge range, hits behind and hit even when Murray is on the floor.

So yeah, he need a huge nerf. Most Sly's only spam his forward triangle, that's not even his best choice, and win.

Message 43 of 57 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/07/2012
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013

The big thing i see with is that his level 1 cant be interuppted and he can do it while his invisible i have played as Sly and most of the time people don't see it coming 

Message 44 of 57 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
889 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013
Marrow bull crap sackboy is probably unplayable to you cause you probably spammed cake he has combo. That's like being mad at dmc3 because pistols aren't as op as in dmc2
Message 45 of 57 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013

rodrigorh wrote:

Fate_was_Just wrote:
Honestly he doesn't need one. I've seen many high ranking belts do well against. Meaning:
-They are constantly jumping around so Sly won't score a ace
-They hit and run vs. staying put and hitting square like raiden and kratos players do(and get mad when Sly scores on them lol)
-are careful when they are hitting him to counter that counter


Its very possible and unless Sly can tie you down dodging the Hippo isn't hard. You guys just have to play smarter.


Oh cool then, that means that sly triggering his level 1 in the middle of combos is totally normal, yeah this one day im in the middle of this amazing combo on sly and the hippo just pops out without any noise while sly was on stagger animation, and it happened to me many times. Also his thunder roll shouldn't be spammable


Um...yeah. If I see a Kratos/Raiden/Dante mixing it up pretty heavy and they aren't paying attention you bet your **bleep** I'm going in for the ace. But its cool cause I've see these characters move out the way once they realize"of where is Sly" and hey! what do you know...no multi kill for me.

 

I really doubt that if you had Sly in a combo he popped his hippo out. The super doesn't work while he is being hit and if was because your combo ended you should've rolled forward(it works). I've never see Sly's hippo work while he is in stagger animation nor have I failed to hear Murray scream when he is summoned. It must be a case of lag or the network but otherwise that should not have happened.

Message 46 of 57 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013

XenoAUS wrote:

Those who say he's OK because he can't block are stupid. He has the best teleport and the fastest counter that works at full screen, and even steals AP. Hell, you can even win games spaming only his counter, if you play only against Radecs, Jaks or Ratchets is an instant win.

His defense is pretty solid. Safe on block moves, fast full screen counter and teleport. And on top of all, a Lvl 1 that can be launched without fear of being interrupted with huge range, hits behind and hit even when Murray is on the floor.

So yeah, he need a huge nerf. Most Sly's only spam his forward triangle, that's not even his best choice, and win.


Because those guys don't spam their range attacks for AP gain right? Look, if they want to sit in a corner and spam their little laser guns thats fine just don't **bleep** when I time it correctly and use Sly's counter to close the gap in.

 

And if you spam his counter and win you probably deserved to win for playing against such stupid opponents. If it keeps happening and you aren't catching on I'm sorry you deserve to lose. I've seen players who fall for it a few times but after that they adapt use their super instead of a regular attack.

 

Again his lvl1 is all about being aware of where Sly is! And don't give me the "Oh well he can go invisible" crap. I've watched Sly players and when they go invisible that should be a clear warning their trying to set up that ace with the lvl1. Wanna know something? Frustrate them by constantly moving around and deny them that multikill.

 

When will players learn to pay attention to their surroundings. Sly isn't hard to beat it just requires to stay on your toes. IF Superbot nerfs him thats fine I just wish players used their heads more instead of crying for a nerf.

Message 47 of 57 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 08/23/2001
Offline
18887 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013

On3_Tw1st3d_Guy wrote:

The big thing i see with is that his level 1 cant be interuppted and he can do it while his invisible i have played as Sly and most of the time people don't see it coming 


I played with an obviously experience Cole on Dojo, and he payed attention to when I had level one, and would not join the brawl with the other two players and kept jumping around to avoid my level 1. I can't remember if I ever actually hit him, but the other two players I was able to hit a couple of times because they'd just brawl on the side of the stage and made it extremely easy for me to just walk up and fire it off.

Message 48 of 57 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2012
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 10, 2013
They're "gunners", what you call "spam" is their playstile. And someone punishing every single shot from full screen for a free combo and 40 AP steal is **bleep**, no mather what you say.

Yeah, they sould adapt as you say (using Jak's punches or Radec's jumping kicks lol for example) gaining crap AP and loosing anyway, since Sly will just spam his thunder roll on them until he gets his stupidly overpowered lvl 1.

And lol about paying attention when he gets his lvl 1 and goes invisible for his free kills. Everyone should act as he gets a **bleep** lvl 3? He gets a lvl 1 after a bunch of thunder rolls, that would be like runing the entire game from him, so Sly-centric.
Message 49 of 57 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2010
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Feb 9, 2013

Fate_was_Just wrote:

rodrigorh wrote:

Fate_was_Just wrote:
Honestly he doesn't need one. I've seen many high ranking belts do well against. Meaning:
-They are constantly jumping around so Sly won't score a ace
-They hit and run vs. staying put and hitting square like raiden and kratos players do(and get mad when Sly scores on them lol)
-are careful when they are hitting him to counter that counter


Its very possible and unless Sly can tie you down dodging the Hippo isn't hard. You guys just have to play smarter.


Oh cool then, that means that sly triggering his level 1 in the middle of combos is totally normal, yeah this one day im in the middle of this amazing combo on sly and the hippo just pops out without any noise while sly was on stagger animation, and it happened to me many times. Also his thunder roll shouldn't be spammable


Um...yeah. If I see a Kratos/Raiden/Dante mixing it up pretty heavy and they aren't paying attention you bet your **bleep** I'm going in for the ace. But its cool cause I've see these characters move out the way once they realize"of where is Sly" and hey! what do you know...no multi kill for me.

 

I really doubt that if you had Sly in a combo he popped his hippo out. The super doesn't work while he is being hit and if was because your combo ended you should've rolled forward(it works). I've never see Sly's hippo work while he is in stagger animation nor have I failed to hear Murray scream when he is summoned. It must be a case of lag or the network but otherwise that should not have happened.


Yes indeed his combo doesn't work when he is being hit, but since it is impossible to interupt, he needs less than a second to trigger it, also even if he gets hit BEFORE the hippo shows up and you hit him, that's it you die. Sly doesn't need a nerf, he needs a fix, which in the case of all the noobs abusing his op moves, would mean a nerf.

Bump for old post

Message 50 of 57 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes