Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Jan 3, 2013

The last time someone got nerfed they went from okay to absolutely unplayable in actual matches. See Jak and Sackboy.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 57 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I wouldn't nerf any of his moves, but you're right about how the gun characters should be able to get some hits on him, particularly Drake, his rival. What a bad matchup. All Drake can do is punch and toss barrels.

I'll admit that I'd love to play the Last of Us 2: Among Hunters and The Last of Us 3: Joel's Deception. Thing is, Joel already was a hunter and he already deceived Ellie. So crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 57 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Sackboy's nerf wasn't all that bad...

Jan 4, 2013

MarrowOchi wrote:

The last time someone got nerfed they went from okay to absolutely unplayable in actual matches. See Jak and Sackboy.

I don't know about Jak, but Sackboy's nerf wasn't all that bad.  I mean, yea, it's harder to get your level 3, but he has some pretty beast combos that can gain him some quick AP. In fact, I once played a Sackboy who actually got his level 3 with more than a minute to spare (1 min 35 seconds to be exact).

Anyway, I digress.

Sly's counter is a bit ridiculous when you think about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 57 (186 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Sackboy's nerf wasn't all that bad...

Jan 10, 2013

Ghost_12985 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

If you think sackboy and jak are unplayable then clearly you were one of those guys who just sit in the corner and spam circle triangle or gun with jak. Sackboy has a level 1 link that is really easy to do, and his cake still makes 20 ap, I've seen sackboy players doing that and win. And Jak players just use gun spam and the bounce combo when someone gets close, that move is so **bleep** safe it's a joke, you do that all the time you get a level 3 (wich i think is pretty ridiculous)

Now that they are going to nerf kratos, raiden and drake, all the noobs will move on to another cheap **bleep**, just like they did when sackboy got nerfed and next day we had 1000000000000 new drake players, difference is they dont camp in a corner anymore, but jump around spaming barells and gun, oh wait, they do camp in a corner with the gun loop glitch.

Now that those 3 will be nerfed all the cheap idiots will move on to sly, with all those safe moves he has, and ofcourse people will be like BUT HE CANT DODGE, srsly do you really need to dodge when you can teleport faster than anyone dodges? BUT HE CANT BLOCK, got invisible, and i dont give a **bleep** how visible he still is, when you are in a FFA match in a dark stage like black rock stadium, you wont see him, simple as that, hide, spam thunder roll, unstopable level 1, you good with 2 or 3 kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 57 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 10, 2013

nerf sly?! its almost like saying you should nerf fat princess for owning a chicken...

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 57 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jan 10, 2013

SirDespair wrote:

nerf sly?! its almost like saying you should nerf fat princess for owning a chicken...

Sly level 1 much? you can't interupted with normal attacks, only with items and if you think that's fair I dont know what's wrong with you.

Besides most of his attacks are hard to punish by most of the rooster, thunder roll has a bounce to safe distance that is a joke, and his barell walk reflects most of ranged attacks, not to mention the cane charge and electric strike he had, they both block everyone away, infact most of his attack do that, while other character only have 1 or 2 attacks that push everyone away from you.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 57 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Honestly he doesn't need one. I've seen many high ranking belts do well against. Meaning:
-They are constantly jumping around so Sly won't score a ace
-They hit and run vs. staying put and hitting square like raiden and kratos players do(and get mad when Sly scores on them lol)
-are careful when they are hitting him to counter that counter

Its very possible and unless Sly can tie you down dodging the Hippo isn't hard. You guys just have to play smarter.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 57 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Fate_was_Just wrote:
Honestly he doesn't need one. I've seen many high ranking belts do well against. Meaning:
-They are constantly jumping around so Sly won't score a ace
-They hit and run vs. staying put and hitting square like raiden and kratos players do(and get mad when Sly scores on them lol)
-are careful when they are hitting him to counter that counter

Its very possible and unless Sly can tie you down dodging the Hippo isn't hard. You guys just have to play smarter.

Oh cool then, that means that sly triggering his level 1 in the middle of combos is totally normal, yeah this one day im in the middle of this amazing combo on sly and the hippo just pops out without any noise while sly was on stagger animation, and it happened to me many times. Also his thunder roll shouldn't be spammable

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 57 (116 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I've gave detailed information on a thread on how overpowered this character is ending with "if you don't think Sly is overpowered, you you probably just suck with everyone else."

I don't know what thread it is, I found another one with a comment I posted but that wasn't the same one.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 57 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 10, 2013
He cant block and other characters have counters as well. He can't roll dodge which is huge. And the lvl 1 is really all he has.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 57 (106 Views)
0 Likes