Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Wow sly needs a pretty heavy nerf.

Oct 27, 2012

TG-Raylock wrote:
Seriously

Just because you can't use him doesn't mean he isn't broken. And what do you mean no combos? I hope you're joking. His no block means nothing, he has something called a counter which is way better. And his height is truly broken.

But if you want to count a hit detection miscalculation as something he 'has going for him' go right ahead scrub.

But I can use him.  He has two combos, which are both simple square combos.  Kratos can counter, too, does that mean he's OP.  His height is something that should be worked on, I will agree there.  If Radec can hit PaRappa, he should be able to hit Sly.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 57 (433 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I would agree...lots of attacks go over him, his roll attack makes it very hard to hit him. When he does it, if you hit him it either does nothing to him but knocks you back, or you hit him and get hit by the electricity.

His level 1 super is by far the best in the whole game. Now that his level 2 sucks, and his level 3 is alright, you can just spam the level 1 over and over again and get tons of points.

He's also a **bleep** to fight. I fought one sly that would go invisible and grab, and just repeated that over and over again, it's total BS. He's the only character I've seen get 15 kills (via someone from the forums)
Message 12 of 57 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I would agree...lots of attacks go over him, his roll attack makes it very hard to hit him. When he does it, if you hit him it either does nothing to him but knocks you back, or you hit him and get hit by the electricity.

His level 1 super is by far the best in the whole game. Now that his level 2 sucks, and his level 3 is alright, you can just spam the level 1 over and over again and get tons of points.

He's also a **bleep** to fight. I fought one sly that would go invisible and grab, and just repeated that over and over again, it's total BS. He's the only character I've seen get 15 kills (via someone from the forums)

That guy is just part of the territory in fighting games, though.  You're always going to get **bleep**.  Though when standing or moving, Sly can be hit by most attacks; trust me, I've been hit by attacks that have gone over his head because of SuperBot accounting for his stance with hitboxes.  The barrel is another story, though, because that makes him the same height as if he were to crouch.

ecdf9e46
Message 13 of 57 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2013

It does suck to fight against sly sometimes depending on who you play with, especially Radec. The bounceback on his roll with his counter and AP stealing combo are frustrating to fight against. Not sure about a heavy nerf, but maybe a little "tweakage" so that he can be punished for an unsuccessful move, or for not sticking to the shadows like he is supposed to.

Message 14 of 57 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jan 3, 2013
way to bump old thread :0
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 57 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jan 3, 2013
It's fine OP, he does need a nerf, people are just quick because OMG SUPERBOT IS PERFECT <33

He can't block, so apparently that gives him all the right to be a untouchable death machine with a thousand safe moves, best level 1 in the game, able to steal AP, and the hundreds of escaping tools.
Message 16 of 57 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Message 17 of 57 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 3, 2013

SiftRock wrote:
It's fine OP, he does need a nerf, people are just quick because OMG SUPERBOT IS PERFECT <33

He can't block, so apparently that gives him all the right to be a untouchable death machine with a thousand safe moves, best level 1 in the game, able to steal AP, and the hundreds of escaping tools.

Sly cannot get out of any pseudo-confirm that would normally be dodgeable.

Also, way to twist it.  Sly can't block, so he's got the right to have a mediocre invisibility ability that anybody can see pretty clearly (barring a poor TV) in addition to a counter, and he can't dodge, so he has the ability to use a teleport that not many Slys actually use.  And god forbid he can steal AP if he ends up right next to you, because, y'know, that's not exactly what grabs are.

He's not OP if anybody who's even decent at the game can beat him pretty easily.  I've played against some of the most annoying Sly strategies, and I still beat them without much trouble.  It's not really OP if I can jump over Murray pretty much every time it's used and if I can hit him out of pretty much every one of his attacks, including his extremely safe Electric Roll, with ease.  But I mean, if you say he's OP, he definitely must be.

This happened in the betas, too, people.  (This thread is FROM the betas, actually.)  Everybody raged that X character was OP for a week until they learned how to beat him and then it wasn't an issue.  So when you think somebody's OP in the main game, take a step back and actually learn how to beat him, rather than instantly come here to demand nerfs that nobody really needs.

ecdf9e46
Message 18 of 57 (345 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I read the part where the OP said he is easy to use, and then I stopped reading.  Sly is one of my best characters, but he is also the one where I feel like I have to do the most work to use him well.  Also, when you get into higher tier ranks, you face people who are very good against Sly so his skills aren't that spammable.

Message 19 of 57 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Edit: Ugh fell for another necro-bump!

Message 20 of 57 (337 Views)
0 Likes