10163 posts

Re: Wow @ Sly

Aug 1, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
There was a thread for Radec.. than Sly... and another one for Fat Princess. I agree with NNoUU they should all get nerfed Smiley Tongue

Radec was bad back when I was actually bad at this game.  I'd let radec spam and spam and now I actually know how to deal with radec...but in general sly seems to be just...insane.  Fast gaining AP and really good level 1 and 2 spells. 

Fat princess has an easy to dodge level 1, but a pretty dang good level 2 and I've honestly never seen her level 3 before.  I saw someone activate their level 2 then like a combo or 3 later activate level 2 again.  Kind of nuts. 

Look at my post like 1 or 2 above you it explains it pretyt well. 

Why hello red text.

go ahead and just ignore the rest of my post, that's probably the more intelligent thing to do. 

Oh a little hostile are we? I'm simply pointing out what I find comical. I don't doubt that there's issues with balance. It's a beta. I just find it amusing how you admitted that once you got used to something you overcame it. I'm not saying that playing more will make things easier. But perhaps other characters in the game (which aren't in the beta) fair better against certain OP spam. Or, there's just something you are overlooking.

Now settle down. I don't feel like dealing with a tantrum.

and what you find comical is conveniently nonsensical. 

Message 31 of 60 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Sweet tooth and Kratos are the best characters in the game.

Kratos has a bow with infinite range
Sly a ball that can stun people

Kratos has really long combos
Sly has around a 4 hit combo max

Kratos has a hammer that takes up half of the stage
Sly has a mine he can lay down

Kratos can repel attacks when he blocks
Sly can go invisible

Kratos can grab people and run with them
Sly can take ap

More examples could be listed but clearly sly is at a disadvantage.

Sweet Tooth is a recent frequently used character that usually gets alot of kills with his level 1 and his level 2 and 3 are all capable if getting more kills than sly.

The provlem with sly is that the harder attacks to pulloff give you less ap than the spammable ones.
Message 32 of 60 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Don't forget that the current build is Pre-E3, so I'm assuming a lot of mechanics are wonky. I'm assuming there's probably an anti-spam mechanic in place as of the current build, and definitely one to increase combo AP. That's not an issue with Sly, though.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 33 of 60 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
There was a thread for Radec.. than Sly... and another one for Fat Princess. I agree with NNoUU they should all get nerfed Smiley Tongue

Radec was bad back when I was actually bad at this game.  I'd let radec spam and spam and now I actually know how to deal with radec...but in general sly seems to be just...insane.  Fast gaining AP and really good level 1 and 2 spells. 

Fat princess has an easy to dodge level 1, but a pretty dang good level 2 and I've honestly never seen her level 3 before.  I saw someone activate their level 2 then like a combo or 3 later activate level 2 again.  Kind of nuts. 

Why hello red text.

go ahead and just ignore the rest of my post, that's probably the more intelligent thing to do. 

Oh a little hostile are we? I'm simply pointing out what I find comical. I don't doubt that there's issues with balance. It's a beta. I just find it amusing how you admitted that once you got used to something you overcame it. I'm not saying that playing more will make things easier. But perhaps other characters in the game (which aren't in the beta) fair better against certain OP spam. Or, there's just something you are overlooking.

Now settle down. I don't feel like dealing with a tantrum.

and what you find comical is conveniently nonsensical. 

Sorry, but you stating you overcame something because you weren't used to is, then proceed to list complaints for said character. Which in turn had been done by others and perhaps you prior in regards to another character such as Radec. is by all means comical.

For instance, what makes you "good" at the game now? It's pure objective speculation on everyone's part. You don't need to get uptight about it. I'm not stating the beta has no issues. I'm simply pointing out a little chuckle I found in your post which serves a purpose in regards to what others need to grasp, and yes perhaps not you.

Smiley Very Happy 

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 34 of 60 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Aug 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Don't forget that the current build is Pre-E3, so I'm assuming a lot of mechanics are wonky. I'm assuming there's probably an anti-spam mechanic in place as of the current build, and definitely one to increase combo AP. That's not an issue with Sly, though.

That or we are working with a less polished build.  Could be possible that some of the bugs/glitches/gameplay issues we're experiencing aren't even real issues because they could have been patched already.

Message 35 of 60 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

That or we are working with a less polished build.  Could be possible that some of the bugs/glitches/gameplay issues we're experiencing aren't even real issues because they could have been patched already.

That's what I meant.  Lemme rephrase to "that the beta build" to fit better.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 36 of 60 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Aug 1, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

Why hello red text.

Maybe people should use the block and throw mechanics.. they were put into the game inorder to hinder the progress of other people. From what ive seen no one uses either. 

I use block often, I was only talking about Sly's electric roll, it's execution is so fast, once you block it and try to counter, he's already doing it again. It's almost like Blanka in Street Fighter IV, and what's worse is Kratos blades do not come out fast enough to counter it.

Message 37 of 60 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Aug 1, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

Why hello red text.

Maybe people should use the block and throw mechanics.. they were put into the game inorder to hinder the progress of other people. From what ive seen no one uses either. 

I use block often, I was only talking about Sly's electric roll, it's execution is so fast, once you block it and try to counter, he's already doing it again. It's almost like Blanka in Street Fighter IV, and what's worse is Kratos blades do not come out fast enough to counter it.

Exactly.  There needs to be a bigger delay after the move completes.  I face the same issue as a Kratos player.  The best thing I've found to do is try to jump over it and just a down square on him.  Anyone who doesn't think Sly is unbalanced right now is obviously blind.  He has some unbalanced moves that give him too much AP and can be spammed over and over again.  It really makes playing the beta annoying whenever there is a Sly in a match.  I'm not worrying about it in the long run.  I'm sure this unbalance doesn't exist in the current build of the game.  We are stuck with it unfortunately though for now.  Matches are so much more fun when there aren't any Sly.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 38 of 60 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Aug 1, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

LOL! 

Yup, this is the spammer guys. You've been warned. I hope SuperBot nerfs the **** out of Sly.

Heh! I was in that match with you as Sweet Tooth, we were able to kind of de facto tag team him for a little bit, but yeah, that electric spam gets old...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - TidalOneka
Message 39 of 60 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Aug 1, 2012

TidalOneka wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

LOL! 

Yup, this is the spammer guys. You've been warned. I hope SuperBot nerfs the **** out of Sly.

Heh! I was in that match with you as Sweet Tooth, we were able to kind of de facto tag team him for a little bit, but yeah, that electric spam gets old...

Yeah that is all he does, literally.  Other Sly do to though.  Pretty much anyone who is bad just does that to make them think they're good.  Whenever I play I always go after Sly at first and if he isn't total garbage the I focus just on him pretty much.  Find it to be the best way to prevent Sly from winning, just don't let him touch the ground.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 40 of 60 (77 Views)
0 Likes