Jan 20 2013
By: pmarc82 Lombax Warrior 133 posts

Wow!!! Is That What Online Has Come Down To? o_O

12 replies 463 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

I finally got a chance to play online because I have had a busy week. I just played 7 games and this is the break down

- Im about to win - 

4 lost connection to host error message

- I lost - 

2 losses during - no connection lost error but I had to watch plenty of t-bagging ugh smh

- I win - 

Only 1 simply because my random partner did the last kill right after I managed to get 5 kills during Drake's level 3 in Columbia. To be honest I was expecting to get a lost connect after the 5 kills.

Im afraid if things continue like this I'm probably gonna end up not playing this game anymore. The sad thing is im playing Quick mode...Quick Mode!!! it's not like you are fighting for a title or belt? The belt system there is broken anyway. Anywho, I hope the upcoming patch covers that lost connection issue because sore losers are taking the fun out of this game one day at time (  ._.)

Message 1 of 13 (463 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Wow!!! Is That What Online Has Come Down To? o_O

Jan 20, 2013
play couch local...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 13 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Jan 20, 2013

There are exponentially more disconnects in quick mode than ranked, especially in stock matches, this won't be fixed unless they implement host migration. The belt system is pretty good imo.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 3 of 13 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I haven't had too many today and I was playing for a while but regardless it's still pretty bad, not to mention the population of rage quitters has increased.

Message 4 of 13 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Yea dude , it's pretty **bleep** annoying..
And the funny thing is , whenever I play a 2v2 match and its up to me and 1 opponent and I win , the "rage quitter" is always either a :
- stupid-**bleep** spammer ( no , I'm not talking about Radec or Sackboy )
- Kratos
- or Raiden.

Thats ALWAYS how it is for me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 13 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Yeah, I'm actually surprised they didn't go with the Smash Bros. Brawl idea with dealing with rage quitters where they would replace the player with a CPU, even during the gameplay if you rage quit a CPU will immediately take control of your character, Brawl's online might have been really bad but it had good ideas and that, I honestly think is genius and needs to be used in more games.

Message 6 of 13 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

There are exponentially more disconnects in quick mode than ranked, especially in stock matches, this won't be fixed unless they implement host migration. The belt system is pretty good imo.

If what you are saying is true about stock in Quick Match then I need to set the match to either kill limit or time limit. Ranked is only fun when you have a low belt (at least in my opinion). The minute you get higher you end up facing the same amount of ragequits because ppl tend to protect their points.

Message 7 of 13 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Abbi200xHi wrote:
Yea dude , it's pretty **bleep** annoying..
And the funny thing is , whenever I play a 2v2 match and its up to me and 1 opponent and I win , the "rage quitter" is always either a :
- stupid-**bleep** spammer ( no , I'm not talking about Radec or Sackboy )
- Kratos
- or Raiden.

Thats ALWAYS how it is for me.

Also why does every ragequitters have to be the host SMH. It would be cool if they had something like that in place too lol. If you disconnect count is high then give someone else the host spot. I guess what im trying to say is dont allow ragequitters to host the games. That's probably too much coding for SB hehe

Message 8 of 13 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 20, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Yeah, I'm actually surprised they didn't go with the Smash Bros. Brawl idea with dealing with rage quitters where they would replace the player with a CPU, even during the gameplay if you rage quit a CPU will immediately take control of your character, Brawl's online might have been really bad but it had good ideas and that, I honestly think is genius and needs to be used in more games.

you know a system like that would help greatly in 2v2 instead of my dummy partner just being a punching bag to gain meter :-(

Message 9 of 13 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 20, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

you know a system like that would help greatly in 2v2 instead of my dummy partner just being a punching bag to gain meter :-(

This game is odd in that aspect, in every other online game when someone disconnects they usually just vanish into thin air, in this one they leave a body behind, and there's always those jerkwad teams that will smack it around until they reach level 3.

AI bots taking over sounds fantastic, another game that had that feature was Awesomenauts, and the bots were better than most players, so quitters didn't bother you as much.

Message 10 of 13 (308 Views)
0 Likes