Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a collector's edition?

Jun 11, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I guess whether or not the DLC Pass would pay off for them would depend on the price of this collector's edition. If it included the 6 things I mentioned above plus a T-shirt or poster, I can't really see it being under $100. Maybe $120.

Maybe they'll have different levels of Collector's Editions like DeadRising and Call of Duty did? One that has everything will be the highest and obviously more expensive.

Photobucket

I think doing multiple level CE's would be too risky for a new IP like Battle Royale. It works for COD because that's a game guaranteed to sell millions (Activision didn't even start doing multiple CE's for COD until Modern Warfare 2, a game 100% guaranteed to sell as well as it did). I'm not sure how well it worked out for Dead Rising, so I can't comment on that.

I think one Collector's Edition is enough for a new IP like this. I personally won't have a problem paying over $100 for it if that much value is added to the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a collector's edition?

Jun 11, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I guess whether or not the DLC Pass would pay off for them would depend on the price of this collector's edition. If it included the 6 things I mentioned above plus a T-shirt or poster, I can't really see it being under $100. Maybe $120.

Maybe they'll have different levels of Collector's Editions like DeadRising and Call of Duty did? One that has everything will be the highest and obviously more expensive.

Photobucket

I think doing multiple level CE's would be too risky for a new IP like Battle Royale. It works for COD because that's a game guaranteed to sell millions (Activision didn't even start doing multiple CE's for COD until Modern Warfare 2, a game 100% guaranteed to sell as well as it did). I'm not sure how well it worked out for Dead Rising, so I can't comment on that.

I think one Collector's Edition is enough for a new IP like this. I personally won't have a problem paying over $100 for it if that much value is added to the game.

You do make a good point. If they have enough to offer, I'll pay a lot to get it. Either way I'm pre-ordering this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a Collector's Edition?

Jun 11, 2012

Hmm... not sure. if its like..only 30$ more, then sure, assuming its actually good stuff.

Having (obviously) purchased the GoW 3 Ultimate edition for what..150$ (?) and the Dominus skin code be INVALID and i still have not gotten it yet, im a bit..cautious with expensive ultimate editions and collectors editions. (yes, im buying Ascension's ultimate edition... :c)

If they DO make one for PAS, i agree with the OP on how it would be nice for free digital downloads of the original games that the personalities are from.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Jun 12, 2012

drepsx3 wrote:

Depending on what's included i would buy one.

What particular things would you be interested in?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I would be intrested in a collectors edition if they included the soundtrack and an artbook. I personally hate exclusive DLC so that wouldn't be a selling point for me and I am indifferent about a stell case. I like the idea of a documentary/behind the scenes feature where they explain why the picked the characters they did and maybe some that didn't make the cut for what ever reason.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3947 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I don't think they will have any exclusive DLC since it is a first party game. Since it is own by Sony, exclusive DLC happen more often on multiplatform games like Tomb Raider.

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Just wanna ask, I believe you, by the way, just wanna know the source Thanks!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

The thread creator said something about possible getting exclusive DLC if you bought the colletors edition as an incentive to buy it.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I assume you are refering to my last post. I have edited it to make things a little clearer, I would also point out that you should read the two above post as well. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

-Signature-
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I am definitely waiting for a collectors edition to be announced. its the only thing stopping me from preordering the game now lol. ill be picking it up day one even if i dont preorder though

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (29 Views)
0 Likes