Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a collector's edition?

Jun 11, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I guess whether or not the DLC Pass would pay off for them would depend on the price of this collector's edition. If it included the 6 things I mentioned above plus a T-shirt or poster, I can't really see it being under $100. Maybe $120.

Maybe they'll have different levels of Collector's Editions like DeadRising and Call of Duty did? One that has everything will be the highest and obviously more expensive.

Photobucket

I think doing multiple level CE's would be too risky for a new IP like Battle Royale. It works for COD because that's a game guaranteed to sell millions (Activision didn't even start doing multiple CE's for COD until Modern Warfare 2, a game 100% guaranteed to sell as well as it did). I'm not sure how well it worked out for Dead Rising, so I can't comment on that.

I think one Collector's Edition is enough for a new IP like this. I personally won't have a problem paying over $100 for it if that much value is added to the game.

Message 10 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1732 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a collector's edition?

Jun 11, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I guess whether or not the DLC Pass would pay off for them would depend on the price of this collector's edition. If it included the 6 things I mentioned above plus a T-shirt or poster, I can't really see it being under $100. Maybe $120.

Maybe they'll have different levels of Collector's Editions like DeadRising and Call of Duty did? One that has everything will be the highest and obviously more expensive.

Photobucket

I think doing multiple level CE's would be too risky for a new IP like Battle Royale. It works for COD because that's a game guaranteed to sell millions (Activision didn't even start doing multiple CE's for COD until Modern Warfare 2, a game 100% guaranteed to sell as well as it did). I'm not sure how well it worked out for Dead Rising, so I can't comment on that.

I think one Collector's Edition is enough for a new IP like this. I personally won't have a problem paying over $100 for it if that much value is added to the game.

You do make a good point. If they have enough to offer, I'll pay a lot to get it. Either way I'm pre-ordering this game.

Message 11 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: Would anyone be interested in a Collector's Edition?

Jun 11, 2012

Hmm... not sure. if its like..only 30$ more, then sure, assuming its actually good stuff.

Having (obviously) purchased the GoW 3 Ultimate edition for what..150$ (?) and the Dominus skin code be INVALID and i still have not gotten it yet, im a bit..cautious with expensive ultimate editions and collectors editions. (yes, im buying Ascension's ultimate edition... :c)

If they DO make one for PAS, i agree with the OP on how it would be nice for free digital downloads of the original games that the personalities are from.

Message 12 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Jun 12, 2012

drepsx3 wrote:

Depending on what's included i would buy one.

What particular things would you be interested in?

Message 13 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I would be intrested in a collectors edition if they included the soundtrack and an artbook. I personally hate exclusive DLC so that wouldn't be a selling point for me and I am indifferent about a stell case. I like the idea of a documentary/behind the scenes feature where they explain why the picked the characters they did and maybe some that didn't make the cut for what ever reason.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 14 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4448 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I don't think they will have any exclusive DLC since it is a first party game. Since it is own by Sony, exclusive DLC happen more often on multiplatform games like Tomb Raider.

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 15 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Just wanna ask, I believe you, by the way, just wanna know the source Thanks!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 16 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

The thread creator said something about possible getting exclusive DLC if you bought the colletors edition as an incentive to buy it.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 17 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I assume you are refering to my last post. I have edited it to make things a little clearer, I would also point out that you should read the two above post as well. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

-Signature-
Message 18 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I am definitely waiting for a collectors edition to be announced. its the only thing stopping me from preordering the game now lol. ill be picking it up day one even if i dont preorder though

Message 19 of 30 (35 Views)
0 Likes