Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Re: Worst voice acting?

Jan 14, 2013

I wasn't really feeling Raiden's voice acting.  You don't notice it much in the game, but if you listen to it by itself, the raspiness seems kind of forced.  I also heard somewhere that he doesn't really sound like that in Metal Gear Rising.

Not that it's BAD, per se.  Just my least favorite.

Message 31 of 59 (194 Views)
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 15, 2013

COS-117 wrote:

I love Spike's voice. The awkward/childish tone with his huge sense of heroism, it's wonderful.

As for the worst, I'm going to have to go with Jak. It's not that it's poorly done (it certainly doesn't deserve the kind of negativity it gets), it's just that Jak himself rarely speaks. Would have liked to hear more from him.

What do you mean Jak rarely speaks. Fair enough in Jak 1 he never speaks but in Jak 2,3,Jak X, and TLF he speaks a lot. Also i enjoyed Jak's voice i think it was better than TLF but it would have been great to get the voice actor who does Jak in Jak 2,3 and Jak X. They even got him back for PS Move Heroes i think.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 32 of 59 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I actually like Spike's hilariously bad VA.

Well not saying this character has bad voice acting, I just hate hearing his voice now... HADES AWAITS!

Seriously, just shut up, Kratos.  ~__~ So yeah the God of War for me, and throw in Raiden as well. YOU'RE MINE! Lol.

Message 33 of 59 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Gotta agree on the Spike front, although, honestly, it's an improvement over his UK voice in the original Ape Escape Smiley Tongue

Raiden's kinda weird, since he doesn't sound so raspy in MGS4 or what we've seen of Rising, so god knows where that came from. It's like he stole a bunch of Snake's cigarettes and smoked them at once.

Dante's pretty flat overall. But then, that seems to be the case with DmC anyway from what I've seen Smiley Tongue

In terms of background characters, I'd say that Carmelita Fox still seems to be having accent troubles, but then maybe that's deliberate since her revolving door voice actresses in the main series were always a little wonky. Is it really that hard to get an actress who can do a convincing Spanish accent?

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 34 of 59 (133 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Jan 15, 2013

StarGalaxy37 wrote:

Sir Daniel IMO, he sounds nothing like any of the medievil games including ressurection

Sir Dan's voice has never really been consistent. He went from really deep in the first game to somehow slightly nasal (despite not having a nose) in the second. So yeah, he's different here too, but unless he starts speaking clearly I have no complaints. His chicken noise in his taunt is priceless.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 35 of 59 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jan 16, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
Blue, againnnnn...

Read my previous two posts...

The actor for Jak is actually very good. You just think the voice is a bit "off"; which is normal when it comes to new voice actors.

No actually it is bad. Thats a fact. I have videos to prove it Smiley Happy Its the same guy who did TLF, so do I need to bring that up as well.

Im a dedicated fan who constantly play the games so i think I know what im talking about. Last I checked when was the last time you played the games because I had this similar situation with someone and once he replayed/reheard he noticed how wrong he was because of his vague memory. As I said this is a fact because Daxter does majority of the talking.

Yay! You're back! It's been a while rival. The baord hasn't been the same since your break. 

Please Respond
Message 36 of 59 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Jan 16, 2013

PaRappa

Message 37 of 59 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jan 16, 2013
^Seriously?
Please Respond
Message 38 of 59 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Jan 16, 2013

ryannumber3gamer wrote:

What do you mean Jak rarely speaks. Fair enough in Jak 1 he never speaks but in Jak 2,3,Jak X, and TLF he speaks a lot. Also i enjoyed Jak's voice i think it was better than TLF but it would have been great to get the voice actor who does Jak in Jak 2,3 and Jak X. They even got him back for PS Move Heroes i think.

I meant in this game, since that's what the thread is about and all.

Message 39 of 59 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Casi's voice in Spike's opening sounds so bad! ._.

I mean compair her voice to how it sounded in Pumped & Primed.. It was much better there!

Photobucket
Message 40 of 59 (85 Views)
0 Likes