Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Worst voice acting?

Jan 14, 2013
Blue, againnnnn...

Read my previous two posts...

The actor for Jak is actually very good. You just think the voice is a bit "off"; which is normal when it comes to new voice actors.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 21 of 59 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:
Blue, againnnnn...

Read my previous two posts...

The actor for Jak is actually very good. You just think the voice is a bit "off"; which is normal when it comes to new voice actors.

No actually it is bad. Thats a fact. I have videos to prove it Smiley Happy Its the same guy who did TLF, so do I need to bring that up as well.

Im a dedicated fan who constantly play the games so i think I know what im talking about. Last I checked when was the last time you played the games because I had this similar situation with someone and once he replayed/reheard he noticed how wrong he was because of his vague memory. As I said this is a fact because Daxter does majority of the talking.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 59 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Emmett

Hardcore

Message 23 of 59 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Blue, I've seen him voice act. Not a bad actor at all. You just need to find the difference between a good "voice actor" and not "fitting the part".

Like, for example, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider... or Tobey Maguire as Spidey.

Sometimes I just think you reply, disagreeing as an attempt to begin an argument... Not good.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 24 of 59 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Jan 14, 2013
There really isn't anyone's that is too bad since they got most of the original voice actors. Although Nariko didn't, which sucks Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 59 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

I'm gunna have to say that Sir Daniel Fortesque has the best voice acting by far... DAT LAUGH :B

but toro is the most annoying (especially when you keep trying to find a match)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 26 of 59 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Spike's voice is pretty silly, but I think Raiden has the most odd voicework in the game. It's not bad, its just that he never tries to sound that deep, raspy, and wannabe bad**bleep** in any of his lines in MGR.

Message 27 of 59 (159 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:
Blue, I've seen him voice act. Not a bad actor at all. You just need to find the difference between a good "voice actor" and not "fitting the part".

Like, for example, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider... or Tobey Maguire as Spidey.

Sometimes I just think you reply, disagreeing as an attempt to begin an argument... Not good.

He's neither. You don't know Jak as well as I do. I can say for a fact that his new voice actor sucks. His entire personalty(voice, tone and attitude)has been corrupted. This can be seen in the spinoff game The Lost Frontier, the Arcade opening of Arcade mode for Jak, the cutscene vs Ratchet, and the ending. Don't worry im working on a video to support this.

Of course a typical person not familiar with Jak's voice to the point where they know it by heart will say his new voice actor is fine. It happens. 

The last thing you said was irrelevant to me. Thats not the case. I just know what im talking about. So no im not trying to start an argument. Judging from your responses and past responses about me I can make that assumption that you're trying to indirectly argue with me. We know I know more about this subject as well so... As I said video coming soon.

Only time will tell.
Message 28 of 59 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I love Spike's voice. The awkward/childish tone with his huge sense of heroism, it's wonderful.

As for the worst, I'm going to have to go with Jak. It's not that it's poorly done (it certainly doesn't deserve the kind of negativity it gets), it's just that Jak himself rarely speaks. Would have liked to hear more from him.

Message 29 of 59 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Jan 14, 2013

COS-117 wrote:

I love Spike's voice. The awkward/childish tone with his huge sense of heroism, it's wonderful.

As for the worst, I'm going to have to go with Jak. It's not that it's poorly done (it certainly doesn't deserve the kind of negativity it gets), it's just that Jak himself rarely speaks. Would have liked to hear more from him.

So at the character selection screen.... When you pick him and he says "I'm Ready" that sounds like Jak to you? or even the whole entire Arcade mode(including the confrontation cutscene with Ratchet especially). Ill admit weirdly very few of his gameplay quotes sounds close to him but the Arcade mode, majority of the quotes and the selection screen voice sounds horrible just like in TLF.

Only time will tell.
Message 30 of 59 (140 Views)
0 Likes