Wastelander
622 posts

Re: Worst voice acting?

Jan 16, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Being a big Jak fan, I was dissapointed at Jak's voice in PSASBR. Its a good placeholder for Jak's voice, but I really miss his voice in 2 and 3.

Good place holder huh?

Watch short 9sec video and wait for his All Stars scene and compare... Listen to the tome very carefully. May have to watch more then once...

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer the old voice. Its not like it sounds horrible enough that its a huge disgrace to Jak, but hey, what can you do.

Actually it is that horrible. Do I need to remind you that the line Jak says in all stars is nothing original Jak would even come close to saying? 2nd do you not here the tone difference as well? Thats 2 in one. Now 3rd is personalty. Jak in all stars lacked badassness? Did you miss that?

Obviously I do hear the difference. If it was a full fledged Jak game than yes, I would be extremely dissapointed. PSASBR has 3 cutscenes for him, and since Daxter does most of the talking in game, I say that his voice isn't enough to deter my memory of Jak whenever I play him in PSASBR, knowing that they couldn't get the origianl voice actor for whatever reason. Its my opinion though, so if you think it is reallly that bad for, alright, if you think so.

Message 51 of 59 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Being a big Jak fan, I was dissapointed at Jak's voice in PSASBR. Its a good placeholder for Jak's voice, but I really miss his voice in 2 and 3.

Good place holder huh?

Watch short 9sec video and wait for his All Stars scene and compare... Listen to the tome very carefully. May have to watch more then once...

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer the old voice. Its not like it sounds horrible enough that its a huge disgrace to Jak, but hey, what can you do.

Actually it is that horrible. That's subjective. Do I need to remind you that the line Jak says in all stars is nothing original Jak would even come close to saying? "Original" Jak didn't talk. 2nd do you not here the tone difference as well? Thats 2 in one. Now 3rd is personaltyJak in all stars lacked badassness? Are you asking us? Did you miss that?

Someone seems a little hostile...

Acting slow now huh? Ok let me fill you in slow one. Original Jak I was referring to the Jak from the trilogy because in case you didn't notice The Lost Frontier is the recent Jak game. Thats subjective line you said is completely invalid because I go into detail after my first sentence.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 52 of 59 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9892 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I think Jak had the best voice in The Precursor Legacy.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 53 of 59 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Somehow, someway, I just knew from the bottom of my heart that this thread would be yet ANOTHER Jak argument.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 59 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Good place holder huh?

Actually it is that horrible. Do I need to remind you that the line Jak says in all stars is nothing original Jak would even come close to saying? 2nd do you not here the tone difference as well? Thats 2 in one. Now 3rd is personalty. Jak in all stars lacked badassness? Did you miss that?

Obviously I do hear the difference. If it was a full fledged Jak game than yes, I would be extremely dissapointed. PSASBR has 3 cutscenes for him, and since Daxter does most of the talking in game, I say that his voice isn't enough to deter my memory of Jak whenever I play him in PSASBR, knowing that they couldn't get the origianl voice actor for whatever reason. Its my opinion though, so if you think it is reallly that bad for, alright, if you think so.

Ok stop using the same defense everybody uses. Daxter does most of the talking. He doesn't do that much of it because jak talks more then Daxter throughout the whole entire Arcade. Then don't forget about the quotes during gameplay that you constantly hear. Also so I guess when jak says suring the select screen, "Im ready" That sounds real close to Jak right?

It seems your missing the main points here. This isn't just about the voice its about Jak's whole character. As I said his personailty is completely gone, his badassness is nowhere to be found in the game and his tone sucks. When was the last time you played Jak II or Jak 3?

To be clear I know its your opinion but I just think it sucks due to your recent lack of knowledge of Jak's character...

Only time will tell.
Message 55 of 59 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Jan 17, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Good place holder huh?

Ok stop using the same defense everybody uses. Daxter does most of the talking. He doesn't do that much of it because jak talks more then Daxter throughout the whole entire Arcade. Then don't forget about the quotes during gameplay that you constantly hear. Also so I guess when jak says suring the select screen, "Im ready" That sounds real close to Jak right?

It seems your missing the main points here. This isn't just about the voice its about Jak's whole character. As I said his personailty is completely gone, his badassness is nowhere to be found in the game and his tone sucks. When was the last time you played Jak II or Jak 3?

To be clear I know its your opinion but I just think it sucks due to your recent lack of knowledge of Jak's character...

I've played through all of them and got all the trophies. Trust me, I know his character, and you have a point about that, but the tone of Jak here is alot more lighthearted, probably because the the worst of it has already came to pass, and seeing how ND did have the chance to make another Jak game, but when with TLOU instead, only leaves some room for guest apearances and spin offs. Unless another company decides to pull of a sanzaru...

Anyways, each character doesn't have a  full fledged campaign of a story in PSASBR, and at least Daxter talks the most during fights. Now if theres going to be a PSASBR sequel, and a bigger storyline, voice acting and character does need work if they want to make up for the fact that its not the original holy crap awesome voice actor. SB aren't exactly ND devs.

Message 56 of 59 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Jan 17, 2013

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Good place holder huh?

I've played through all of them and got all the trophies. Trust me, I know his character, and you have a point about that, but the tone of Jak here is alot more lighthearted, probably because the the worst of it has already came to pass, and seeing how ND did have the chance to make another Jak game, but when with TLOU instead, only leaves some room for guest apearances and spin offs. Unless another company decides to pull of a sanzaru...

Anyways, each character doesn't have a  full fledged campaign of a story in PSASBR, and at least Daxter talks the most during fights. Now if theres going to be a PSASBR sequel, and a bigger storyline, voice acting and character does need work if they want to make up for the fact that its not the original holy crap awesome voice actor. SB aren't exactly ND devs.

Ok but wait. Most of your first paragrapgh things are wrong. Jak doesn't sound light hearted because ND didn't want that. His voice is lighthearted because his new voice actor doesn't have that tone of voice and badass quality to go with it. 

Well as long as you know its bad im fine with that. Just think if Josh voice jak for his own game, oh wait The Lost Frontier did that. LMAO! You've played TLF?

Only time will tell.
Message 57 of 59 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Jan 17, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Good place holder huh?

Ok but wait. Most of your first paragrapgh things are wrong. Jak doesn't sound light hearted because ND didn't want that. His voice is lighthearted because his new voice actor doesn't have that tone of voice and badass quality to go with it. 

Well as long as you know its bad im fine with that. Just think if Josh voice jak for his own game, oh wait The Lost Frontier did that. LMAO! You've played TLF?

I would rather not -_____-  

Alot of us... would rather forget TLF.

Message 58 of 59 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 17, 2013

THE BEST VOICE ACTING for me is Fat Princess. I know it sounds stupid but Tara Strong does her voice perfectly, exactly like she did in the game and it sounds exactly like a little fat girl.. lol 

And hey, Tara Strong does a lot of voices in a lot of stuff, yet she manages to keep her characters with the same personality they had at first.

Message 59 of 59 (68 Views)