Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: bigmacpits Sackboy 487 posts

Worst voice acting?

58 replies 622 views Edited Jan 13, 2013
This game has some amazing voice acting since they used almost all of the original voice actors. There's also some horrible voice acting. Who's the worst? My contenders:

Polygon Man: icouldendthispartyRIGHTNAO
Spike: Round 'em up!
Little Sister: *witch voice* HEZ MAI NEW FRIEND
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 1 of 59 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Worst voice acting?

Jan 13, 2013

bigmacpits wrote:
This game has some amazing voice acting since they used almost all of the original voice actors. There's also some horrible voice acting. Who's the worst? My contenders:

Polygon Man: icouldendthispartyRIGHTNAO
Spike: Round 'em up!
Little Sister: *witch voice* HEZ MAI NEW FRIEND

Little Sister was always fine to me. They're supposed to be creepy.

Polygon Man's voice acting is good actually. Just wish he had more to say.

Spike is by far the character with the worst voice acting, but that's pretty much intentional.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 59 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Well, I know it's supposed to be creepy, but it was just so different from the original voice actress that it really wasn't creepy, it was just weird.

I guess because Polygon Man's voice acting seems so forced is why I don't like it. =/

Why is his intentional? :smileytongue:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 3 of 59 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I know Little Sisters voice acting is meant to be like that but in the intro/outro cutscenes and the rivalry i could barely make out much of what she was saying, it just seems to become a blur of words and gurgling. Having played Bioshock 2 i could understand them in that, but idk, maybe it's just me. I think most voice acting is fine, Polygon Man's is a little cheesy but thats what it's meant to be like, other than that, I guess Spike is my main gripe. Sir Dan has the best voice acting by far :smileytongue:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 4 of 59 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Jan 13, 2013

bigmacpits wrote:
Well, I know it's supposed to be creepy, but it was just so different from the original voice actress that it really wasn't creepy, it was just weird.

I guess because Polygon Man's voice acting seems so forced is why I don't like it. =/

Why is his intentional? :smileytongue:

Don't you think they'd give him a better voice if they knew it was bad? They gave him is old VA because of the nostalgia of the bad voice acting from his old game.

Message 5 of 59 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Sir Daniel IMO, he sounds nothing like any of the medievil games including ressurection

Message 6 of 59 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Spike for the worst voice acting ever.

I never hear a fourth graded with that kind of voice. Thank good
Message 7 of 59 (565 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jan 13, 2013
polygon man and little sister are awesome

Message 8 of 59 (547 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Little Sister and Polygon man? Really?

Guys, there's a difference between "Bad voice acting" and "Not being a good cast for their respective character".

So far, three the OP listed... the voice actors just don't fit their characters.

If the voice actor played an older person, I'm sure he'd be better. Overall, I'd say he's a pretty good voice actor; just doesn't fit the part.

The worst voice actor, in my opinion, is Dante. "I die, I come back" and "Now I'm pizzzed (the word is bleeped if i type it correctly)"... they don't sound very... real. Horrible voice actor.

Remember. There's a difference between "voice acting" and "The voice actor not meshing well with the character."

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 9 of 59 (544 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Jan 13, 2013

StarGalaxy37 wrote:

Sir Daniel IMO, he sounds nothing like any of the medievil games including ressurection

... Seriously? There's nothing wrong with his at all.

Message 10 of 59 (534 Views)
0 Likes