Highlighted
Mar 11 2013
By: Breaker_Ki Sackboy 528 posts

Wishful patch notes

8 replies 165 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

This is all wishful thinking, but I would like the next patch look something like this.  I need help filling this out since I don't know all characters that well, but I don't think anything I listed so far is too extreme.

General:

- Fixed network stability issues

- Implemented Host Migration

- Players will now receive a -50 BP penalty when leaving a ranked match before completion

- New Emblems and Backgrounds added for higher character ranks

Kat:

- Should now face correct direction after rolling

- Debris Field: should no longer sometimes be invisible during network play

- Stasis Field Slam: will now flatten instead of ground bounce

- Gravity Crush: Kat is now vulnerable to attack immediately after connecting with with Gravity Crush

Sir Daniel:

- Golden Chalice: will now travel faster and have a tighter turning radius

- Anubis Stone: Reduced the time required to be in the kill region before KO

Raiden:

- Air Charging Cut: will no longer reset Raiden to neutral position upon striking an enemy

Evil Cole:

- Giga Punch: now has reduced armor

Jak:

- Dashing Forward Punch: Reduced reduced recovery time on block or miss

- Arc Wielder: Now generates 5AP per hit, up from 4

- Needle Laser: now Generates 5AP per hit, up from 3, 3, and 4

- Peacemaker: Now generates 10AP per hit + 5 AP per additional opponent, up from 5AP + 1 AP for additional opponent.

- Beam Reflexor: Reduced time between shot, and slightly increased range

- Mass Inverter: Reduced startup and recovery time

- Dark Bomb: Reduced start up time

Sly Cooper:

- Electromagnetic Raccoon Roll: now longer causes Sly Cooper to bounce away from opponent on block

- Unstoppable Ally: Murray will now immediately trip if Sly Cooper is hit during the animation (he is still unstoppable)

- AP Steal: Reduced to 10 (20 when invisible), down from 20 (40)

Sweet Tooth:

- Death by Missile: Now longer aimable, instead its travel speed is increased and fires in an arc infront of Sweet Tooth.  Detonates on contact with player of surface

Nathan Drake:

- Run and Gun:  AP per hit reduced from 3AP to 2AP

- Air Magnum: Will no longer reset Drake to neutral position when used near the ground

- Air Grenade Launcher: Will no longer reset Drake to neutral position when used near the ground

- Oil Drum: Reduced hit box size, now generates 20AP explosion down from 30.  Reduced AP generated from hitting additional opponents

Big Daddy:

I have no clue, he's just too far gone for me to give any suggestions on how to buff him

Parappa:

- Boxy Grove: Will longer generate large amounts of AP when activate between platforms

Toro:

- Can no longer use Oni Flip after Toro Floaty Nap more than once before touching the ground again

Dante:

- Rebellion Furry: Reduced recovery time on block or miss

- Tremor: Now causes guard crush on block, other wise causes eject

Kratos:

- All Moves: Reduced AP gained from hitting multiple targets.  AP generation on single target is unchanged

Message 1 of 9 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Wishful patch notes

Mar 11, 2013

I can dig it, though you forgot the chubby devil incarnate, Fatty P.

I'll be a bit upset when the actual patch notes next week turn out to be less than half this size.

Message 2 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Big Daddy:
-Now usable in FFA
-Level 1 super harvests 15-20% AP from all opponents hit
Message 3 of 9 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Breaker_Ki wrote:

This is all wishful thinking, but I would like the next patch look something like this.  I need help filling this out since I don't know all characters that well, but I don't think anything I listed so far is too extreme.

General:

- Players will now receive a -50 BP penalty when leaving a ranked match before completion

Kat:

- Gravity Crush: Kat is now vulnerable to attack immediately after connecting with with Gravity Crush

Sir Daniel:

Raiden:

- Air Charging Cut: will no longer reset Raiden to neutral position upon striking an enemy

Evil Cole:

Jak:

- Peacemaker: Now generates 10AP per hit + 5 AP per additional opponent, up from 5AP + 1 AP for additional opponent.

Sly Cooper:

- Electromagnetic Raccoon Roll: now longer causes Sly Cooper to bounce away from opponent on block

- Unstoppable Ally: Murray will now immediately trip if Sly Cooper is hit during the animation (he is still unstoppable)

Sweet Tooth:

- Death by Missile: Now longer aimable, instead its travel speed is increased and fires in an arc infront of Sweet Tooth.  Detonates on contact with player of surface

Nathan Drake:

- Air Magnum: Will no longer reset Drake to neutral position when used near the ground

- Air Grenade Launcher: Will no longer reset Drake to neutral position when used near the ground

- Oil Drum: Reduced hit box size, now generates 20AP explosion down from 30.  Reduced AP generated from hitting additional opponents

Big Daddy:

I have no clue, he's just too far gone for me to give any suggestions on how to buff him

Parappa:

- Boxy Grove: Will longer generate large amounts of AP when activate between platforms

Toro:

- Can no longer use Oni Flip after Toro Floaty Nap more than once before touching the ground again

Dante:

Kratos:

- All Moves: Reduced AP gained from hitting multiple targets.  AP generation on single target is unchanged

Doing both of those things would break Kat's moveset, one or other.  But, it can't be both.

Sly can't block, only 2 out of 3 of these can be done without making his character completely vulnerable.  Unless you want him to block instead of turn invisible.

The Golden Chalice already requires a good amount of skill to avoid it.  Doing both of these would make it unescapable, so only one or the other.  But, it can't be both.

Message 4 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Breaker_Ki wrote:

General:

Kat:

Sir Daniel:

Raiden:

Evil Cole:

Jak:

Sly Cooper:

Sweet Tooth:

Nathan Drake:

Big Daddy:

Parappa:

Toro:

Dante:

Kratos:

I hope your going to add another fail safe attack onto Sly then, otherwise this move is just fine.

20 AP isn't even that much, what would be the point in stealing 10?

For Jak, I got a thread going on what should change about him.

Everything else sounds solid, I don't generally play with any of them but Sly and Jak so I can't say yay or nay to anything else.

Message 5 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Ratchet

-When using the goddamn taunt "Get rady to be wrenched!" he doesn't turn to the OPPOSITE SIDE! It's getting annoying!

-When selected in the italian version of the game his quotes it's in english "Time to power up!" TRANSLATE IT.

Cole MacGrath

-Fix this goddamn electricity! Some players (including me) CANNOT SEE the ELECTRICITY! FIX! 

-Fix his electric grapple,doesn't work 60% of time.

Evil Cole MacGrath

-Same grapple issue of his good side

Sly Cooper

-Fix the teleport move,doesn't work a good 80% of time.

Raiden

-Cannot move during Level 1 super.

firma.PNG

Message 6 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Sly doesn't need a nerf. He's fine the way he is
Message 7 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Mar 11, 2013

There're many ideas to improve Sweet Tooth's lvl2 but that one should not be implemented. It would ruin the KC which is the only thing it has going for it. And it would just become a copy of Jak's and Toro's lvl2s.

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Mar 11, 2013
There's like 4-5 other glitches on Kat that aren't addressed here such as her aerial tech roll, ability to throw opponents off the stage, clinging to invisible walls, keeping respawn invincibility after doing moves and I know I'm forgetting a few others.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 9 of 9 (71 Views)
0 Likes