Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: MaximillionPegs Lombax Warrior 180 posts

Will this game bring forth sequels to franchises?

10 replies 236 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

So we all know that there are some old school characters in the game (Sir Daniel, Parappa, etc.) And some of these characters have not gotten a sequel or new game for themselfs in there franchise for a while. Nariko has only one game heavenly sword that came out in 2007 and all of a sudden she's featured in this game. Plus Polygon man is in here too and we haven't seen him since 1995. So my question is do you think that Sony plans to use this game in a way of bring back old franchises?

"There emptiness makes me whole, there weakness makes me strong, there destruction is my creation". - Calypso
Message 1 of 11 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13268 posts

Re: Will this game bring forth sequels to franchises?

Nov 12, 2012

I think the PSAS franchise could bring sequels to other franchises, but not after this game. Maybe after the next one (which will probably be on the NEXT Playstation)

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 2 of 11 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Might help the Ape Escape games to be localized since Million Monkeys was on of the best Spin-off they did. That game could have online multiplayer functionality which would make it even more fun. :smileyhappy:

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 3 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 12, 2012

maybe if the characters got enough positive reactions from people who may not know about the franchises like Sir Daniel or something because that's kind of how we got a new Kid Icarus, Pit was popular enough in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Message 4 of 11 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13268 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

maybe if the characters got enough positive reactions from people who may not know about the franchises like Sir Daniel or something because that's kind of how we got a new Kid Icarus, Pit was popular enough in Smash Bros. Brawl.

This is true, but Brawl sold more its first week than this game will in its lifetime. Not to be a downer, but it is reality. This franchise must establish itself first. This will probably sell a good 2 million or so, lifetime sales.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 5 of 11 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 12, 2012

MaximillionPegs wrote:

So we all know that there are some old school characters in the game (Sir Daniel, Parappa, etc.) And some of these characters have not gotten a sequel or new game for themselfs in there franchise for a while.

So my question is do you think that Sony plans to use this game in a way of bring back old franchises?

The voice actor of PaRappa the Rapper, Dred Foxx, actually wants Sony to return the franchise for another "PaRappa the Rapper" and that was from 2011. Though that's Sony decision & maybe after this game, who knows if there will be a new PaRappa.

But I don't know if this game is a way to bring old franchises. In which they would be:

PaRappa the Rapper

MediEvil 3

Ape Escape 4

Mostly the characters from PS1. There was planned games like "Heavenly Sword 2" but got cancelled, "Jak & Daxter 4" but they didn't know how to go forward to it & instead it was "The Last of Us".

With games "Fat Princess" already finished with the Developer moving on & possibly "Twisted Metal" finished due to Developer moving on + David Jaffe into other gaming.

At best, if PS All-Stars does something. It could revive PS1 Characters with new games for PS3/PSN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 6 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Actually I think that if they were going to make an Ape Escape 4, if at all possible I think they should try to get Million Monkies localized for a PSN release as 4 is coming out, again only if that's possible.

Message 7 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I really hope so I want a Jak 4 so badly
Message 8 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I hope it doesn't with most. I want developers to do new games. I'd much rather have a game like the last of us than uncharted 4 or jak 4
Message 9 of 11 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Nov 13, 2012

yes

Photobucket
Message 10 of 11 (81 Views)
0 Likes