Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Will they announce all chars until game come out?

Aug 5, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

All the characters in SSBB were revealed before launch.  SB hasn't told us yet if they will reveal everyone or leave some secrets.  They were still trying to decide the last time they talked about it.

Also lol, "sackthing," really?  It is Sackboy and I believe that he will probably be revealed along with Ratchet, Raiden and Dante.

Actually only starting characters were revealed before the japanese launch, which was about a month before the American launch. Then of course, every character was revealed as people unlocked them, which took about a day or two. And in the between launches time Nintendo revealed all the secret chracters themselves on the dojo

Message 11 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I don't think so. I''m thinking they wouldn't announce unlockable characters (imagine it's Crash) just to surprise us.

Message 12 of 18 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Aug 5, 2012
If they do have cradh, I'd want him to be the hardest to unlock, you know? You gotta earn the bandicoot
Message 13 of 18 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

l ssbb full rooster wasnt known until the game was out people didnt even know about wolf and several others unlockables before the games launch and unlocking themselves

Sure we knew becuase on 2-3 days before launch a japanese was uploading pictures of the full rooster unlocked since he got the game earlier.

Message 14 of 18 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Aug 5, 2012

PandaPudding wrote:

I don't think so. I''m thinking they wouldn't announce unlockable characters (imagine it's Crash) just to surprise us.

I do agree on what you are saying but I think it will hurt day one sales if they wouldn't announce Crash, he's the most requested character here and on Superbots Facebook, but on the other hand, it wouldn't take gaming magazines, IGN, Machinima,Kotaku, N4G,  whatever you use to get your gaming news, it wouldn't take them more than a day or two after the game is released to already talk about Crash (if he's in the game) or any other character that's in the game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 15 of 18 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1322 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I hope not that would ruin all the fun of unlocking new and cool stuff
------------------------------------

" One hypersonic brainwave scrambler, scrambled"
Clank from R&C: ACIT

Message 16 of 18 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I actually wished that SuperBot would've done what Nintendo was doing with revealing their characters. I think they revealed a character every week until launch. I think they did it like this because I remember going on the website every week and going straight on the Smash Dojo to see the new character. That way built up so much hype and ppl probably wouldn't have leaked the info from the beta if on everybodys mind was, "Hey they reveal a character every week, theirs not even a need for this."

So yeah I think that's the way they did it and I loved that. (Remembering memories of being suprised every week lol)

Message 17 of 18 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Aug 5, 2012

yeah announcing chars at the events only is boring nintendo got it right with the dojo

Message 18 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes