I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: i think any DLC with solely 1st party characters in it wi...

Dec 17, 2012
First party characters, almost definitely. Third party characters... It depends on what the IP holder wants.
Message 11 of 21 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: Will every DLC be free for 2 weeks?

Dec 17, 2012

LikeRA1N wrote:

I think the only reason Kat and Emmett are free for 2 weeks is because they were meant to be in the initial roster.

I like the idea of paying for future DLC. I'd like to have a match where every player isn't the one I main, ya know?

lol, no. They were not "meant" to be

They are free because Sony wants people to buy the game and having free DLC (especially timed) will get more people to buy the game and buy it sooner.

Message 12 of 21 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 17, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:

I think the only reason Kat and Emmett are free for 2 weeks is because they were meant to be in the initial roster.

I like the idea of paying for future DLC. I'd like to have a match where every player isn't the one I main, ya know?

They are free because Sony wants people to buy the game and having free DLC (especially timed) will get more people to buy the game and buy it sooner.

and ESPECIALLY free DLC in early jan.  That way people can get the game for Christmas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 21 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 17, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:

and ESPECIALLY free DLC in early jan.  That way people can get the game for Christmas

Excuse me. I meant "planned". I believe they were planned to be in the initial roster. I could be wrong.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 21 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Depends on the DLC, but i'd be prepared to pay for any in the future regardless. I think they may have just given us these two free as a sort of gift to the fans to keep us interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 15 of 21 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I asked Omar in the live stream last week and he said he was definitely interested in following the trend of releasing DLC free for 2 weeks. Not a guarantee, but promising
Message 16 of 21 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

Dec 17, 2012
As far as credibility goes, I'm not sure how to prove the above unless someone has video of the live stream but I definitely asked a few good questions that got answered. There were a lot of people there who just kept whining about future characters, bugs, and OP/UP characters
Message 17 of 21 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 17, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:
As far as credibility goes, I'm not sure how to prove the above unless someone has video of the live stream but I definitely asked a few good questions that got answered. There were a lot of people there who just kept whining about future characters, bugs, and OP/UP characters

what questions did you ask?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 21 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I really don't mind paying but the free for two weeks sound great. Even free for one week will be fine. Eventually I'm hoping they put Rau Utu from Mark of Kri and his sister Tati  from Rise of the Kasai. They'd fit perfectly. Do anyone know if they were 1st party characters or not?

Message 19 of 21 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I asked about which characters they were looking at balancing next and Omar said the Kratos raiden and Drake thing. I asked about adding an offline handicap system and he said it was a great idea that they had thought about as well. I asked about soul reaver and they said it was an awesome game. I asked which gta character they would want the most (hypothetically) and Omar said he's a HUGE fan of the series and would love the dude from GTA3 (the fans wanted CJ). I asked if SuperBot takes fan-made character concept designs into serious consideration and couldn't hear if it was answered due to echoing mics (they had like 8-9 videos, all with their own mic so there was interference). And of course, I asked the above questions and already posted what Omar said.

Another popular question that was asked was if we could eventually change the character displayed on the menus and Omar said they were looking into it. All character suggestions got the whole "cool idea, stay tuned" treatment, most bugs/glitches are already being looked into, and besides the characters they listed, every character is playing close to how they were intended but they want to give the players more time as nerfing/buffing a character prematurely without letting players adapt is bad. They also will support the game as long as we as fans will support it. So keep playing, keep talking about it, and "stay tuned" and we can have a long lasting, well supported game. <3 SuperBot
Message 20 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes