First Son
9 posts

Re: Will anyone play brawl again?

Oct 20, 2012

I meant one button kills.

i thought that was obvious as I can't imagine what a one button skill is. Funnily enough, the fact that you tried to counter this ambiguous idea by claiming that smash bros has one button skills as well shows ur tunnels visioned bias.

back on one button kills; bad thing, always will be.

you guys want to demonize me by making me looking like a Nintendo fanboy when I'm a ps guy.

Message 51 of 69 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

ThyAssWhupn wrote:

I meant one button kills.

i thought that was obvious as I can't imagine what a one button skill is. Funnily enough, the fact that you tried to counter this ambiguous idea by claiming that smash bros has one button skills as well shows ur tunnels visioned bias.

back on one button kills; bad thing, always will be.

you guys want to demonize me by making me looking like a Nintendo fanboy when I'm a ps guy.

Next time, it'd be easier to understand what you meant if you type it correctly (or at least edit your comment).

Meteor Smashes and Smash moves are skills, no? They require a set certain movement and an attack button in order to pull off, no? They only require one attack button. Even some Final Smashes (which also require only one button) will automatically knock someone out of the field.

"tunnel visioned bias"? Please.

"you guys want to demonize me by making me looking like a Nintendo fanboy when I'm a ps guy"? Please. No one is calling you anything from what I saw. You have your own opinion, but it's not a fact, and you shouldn't declare it as one.

On topic: I haven't touched Brawl (or the Wii) in about a year, so I highly doubt that I'll pop it in again.

Message 52 of 69 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 20, 2012

This is the kind of fluff that just sounds stupid.

At the very least, you will have to explain the logic behind the idea that no ring outs and OHK in a party fighter automatically results in fair and square deaths but the presence of ring outs and the failures stemming from inaction in another party fighter is inherently less fair than the former.

the only way one could think of something like that and think its intelligent enoug to say out loud is if they're biased Because what you said makes no sense, Nintendo fanboy or not.

ring outs don't automatically equate to unfair deaths, knowing how to navigate the stage goes under the umbrella of skill.

if someone uses this OHK nonsense of this game, their opponent will get killed, no matter how skilled they are. The aggravation will only be compounded with more players.

I'd wager that the perception of cheap deaths will be even greater in this game than in smash.

Message 53 of 69 (86 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Not gonna debate on whether or not I was called a fanboy when if you we're serious all you have to do is scroll up.

*sigh*

if you think final smashes are the same as these OHK in this game then that's on u....

i don't feel like trying to teach a baby to walk.

so to play devils advocate, I counter your pseudo argument with the the statement That final smashes can be turned off.

now you have no leg to stand on and we have arrived at the inevitable destination we have been led to by following the logic caused by your tunneled vision bias. You're going to have to backtrack and change the focus and implication of your argument now since it has been proven to be false with what I just said.

you scoffed while failing to understand what was being argued.

all well, that's all. I just wanted to put in my two cents because I wanted to hear other people's ideas, but I can already see the kind of gamers/posters that populate this site.

hope u guys enjoy the game.

Message 54 of 69 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 20, 2012
It's not the method of the kill that works. It's what leads to it. Whether it's netting 3 kills with Parappa's situational lvl 1 or using Mario side b to counter MK's down b. I'm having a grand ol' time with the beta. I had my wtfs and my o **bleep**. I countered Sly's Lvl 2 with Parappa's lvl 1. Or dodging Kratos's Lvl 3 competely is just as satisfying as avoiding Wario's FS. And as for knowing stage layouts, it's also a skill that is required in this game. As said before, Parappa's Lvl 1 is situational. So I use higher platforms to my advantage in order to net those kills and catch my opponents off guard. Supers can be avoided (with the exception of Lvl 3 cinematic but, even then you can grab in order to knock AP out). They both have different concepts which exceptionally work for the better. Whether you think it may fail is just your opinion. I say it works in my opinion.

And we're not labeling you as a fanboy. You just have a different opinion than us. And that's cool.
Message 55 of 69 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Oct 20, 2012
^Care to tell me how I'm biased?

Basically, you're gripe is the focus of one-hit kills and the fact that you can't be knocked off of the field.

You know you can dodge Supers or intercept the user before they use a Lv. 1 or 2 Super, right? Knowing when to dodge some Supers require some skill, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not agreeing that no ringouts or one hit kills equate to fairer fights, but people won't lose points based on self-destructs or anything else of the like.
Message 56 of 69 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

ThyAssWhupn wrote:

if you think final smashes are the same as these OHK in this game then that's on u....

i don't feel like trying to teach a baby to walk.

so to play devils advocate, I counter your pseudo argument with the the statement That final smashes can be turned off.

now you have no leg to stand on and we have arrived at the inevitable destination we have been led to by following the logic caused by your tunneled vision bias.

I said some Final Smashes, not all of them. An example would probably be Ike's Final Smash.

"i don't feel like trying to teach a baby to walk." Spare me the pointless insults.

Okay, you're right. Final Smashes aren't required to win an average SSB match. If you don't like the idea of Supers being the only way of winning, that's cool.

Care to explain how I'm biased? I don't see it.

Message 57 of 69 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 20, 2012

That's cool.

at least your reasoning behind your disagreeing makes sense.

although I'm not sure if being able to dodge a characters move by using the environment to move out of its effective range requires environmental awareness as much as it does character familiarity.

Message 58 of 69 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

It's hard to explain; you either grasp what I'm saying or you don't.

several people have already told me to not bother, not that thas reflection on you it's just that its very hard to explain.

I said one hit skills, something that doesn't exist; the wording doesn't even make sense.

instead of asking what I meant or informing me of the blunder caused by spell correct, you automatically tried to counter my idea by using the presence of final smashes as a means to excuse my "gripe" despite them not being equivalent and thus useless in the form that you were trying to use them. The problem is is that even if they were equivalent, your post still wouldn't be enough to counter my "gripe" because smashes can be turned off and a winner would still be able to be determined in matches. That can't happen in All Stars.

to be honest, I'm a little disappointed that ppl were jumping down my throats over that part since I honestly thought it was going to be something we could all agree on; the fact that you can only be killed by OHK will limit the battle experience (you guys here are too willing to polarize yourselves in discussions and it works in your disfavor; look at te first post after mine, I'm sure that that guy didn't even understand what I said, all he saw was "smash bros better"). If there are more ways to kill your opponent, the more fun you will have, I don't wanna say this is a fact because I know mere mention f that word makes everyone turn against you whether or not they actually concur with your logic on a deeper level.

i don't know why people are so resistant to the idea when I'm sure if I rephrased the question you all would agree.

your bias was in assuming that my gripes came from my being a fan of smash rather than my sincere feelings about the games mechanics regardless of the precedences set by smash.

if you weren't biased but still disagreed with me you would have tried to argue against my point using your own opinions based on your experience with the game like that other guy, rather than going the irrelevant smash bros route and arguing from a position whose foundation is fruito f the poisonous tree. The main idea is based on a wrong assumption so naturally you're argument is **bleep**ed from the get go.

**bleep** this, I really don't feel this strongly about ths game. Idk why I'm even arguing with you guys.

enjoy

Message 59 of 69 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 20, 2012
And it does.
Usually players that never heard of this game will try to experiment with character specials and movesets and try to implement them in actual matches in various stages. Such as the Dojo being completely useless for Vertical supers like Jak and Parappa's Lvl1, and Kratos' Lvl2 and Horizontal supers Like Cole's and Radec's Lvl 2 doing quite well on Dojo. Or Dreamscape being a very likable stage for Kratos' Lvl 2 with all the platforms and whatnot. And knowing allows you to be watchful of what position you are in these types of situations. If I happen to be caught in a super. Then I curse myself for not being careful. It is quite intense. And that's what I like about it. It's so intense. Makes me think of the days that I played Smash competitively with Sonic. The various amounts of situations and techniques that I had to implement to deal damage while confusing my opponent and preventing myself from getting KO'd. Using FD to wall jump back to safety or going under the stage to get to the other side. And cursing myself if I become too predictable. When facing good players on either one, I tremble and shake after an intense match.
I really like both of these games. I really hope it does well in the future so we can have an even better experience.
Message 60 of 69 (35 Views)
0 Likes