First Son
9 posts

Re: Will anyone play brawl again?

Oct 20, 2012

I don't feel the intensity.

i actually get quite bored.

the fighting feels too contrived; like they tried to make a nuanced fighting system but the nature of fight game forcibly replaces nuanced with predictable.

just my opinion.

Message 61 of 69 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 20, 2012
And that's understandable.
Message 62 of 69 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

^I see your point.

Based on me stating that you have problems with the limited ways to score points, I assumed you were a fan of SSB without blatantly stating it.

Based on the fact that you meant "one hit kills" instead of "one button skills" (even though that's what you typed) and I misinterpreted, I am wrong.

Based on my continuous referrences to SSBB in order to prove a nonexistant point instead of trying the beta and forming my own opinion (I knew you could dodge some Supers almost immaculately, Kratos's Lv. 3 in particular, because I actually tried it), I am biased.

I never disagreed with your main points, but based on how much I was referring to SSMB, you assumed I was.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Message 63 of 69 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 20, 2012
If you don't find the supers system engaging then that's fine - I personally enjoyed the super system more then I thought I would. On paper it sounds really gimmicky, but it can really be a blast when your caught up in the game, not knowing the score, just fighting to earn those supers and working out on the fly how you'll use them. I really don't think this is the same as Final Smashes, which really were just the same irreversible thing over and over. I like the fact that this game is opting to be its own thing instead of just sticking to the SSB formula it took inspiration from. As a long time couch versus player of the SSB series, I like this game equally as do my friends who I play SSB with.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 64 of 69 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Have you played the game?
It doesn't actually work like you think it works. Timing and knowledge of how your Supers work are crucial. Let's say your lvl 1 is your best, then you have to time your attack just right to get maximum kill without spilling in to your lvl 2 meter. And you are saying that it's a OHK system, so it doesn't allow a lot of variety. That's not true. In fact, there are more ways to die in this than in Super Smash Bros. You have to be aware of what your opponent is planning, and when. Then you factor in all those specials and there are at least 60 ways to die in this not including "epic" items. In fact, the Super System puts you in danger on all sides. While in Super Smash Bros. there is only one way to die, and that's to Ring Out. It's a lot more about planning IMO. As for the one button skill, I'm assuming you're talking about the ease of control for your physical attacks and powers, including your grab. While I don't know all the ins and outs of this game I will say there's a similar premise, but the moves are on a steeper learning curve. It takes a LOT of practice to get good with a character. I think if you managed to master one character, if you wanted to start using another you'd be back to square one. The moves between characters are so different, and that adds a lot of variety to the roster. My problem with the Smash Ball is that everyone just starts scrambling to get it, and it tends to be more of a nuisance, than anything. And if I do play, I turn it off.

But you'd be surprised how much fun you'd have with the game. I can play for hours with just 6 characters and 2 levels. I can't imagine what I'll do with the full version.
And just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they don't understand you. I get kind of sick of that
"UGH! You don't get what I'm saying!" thing. It's not that I don't get what you're saying, it's that I think you are bias in the sense that you aren't seeing or playing the game as a standalone title. You're comparing it to Super Smash Bros. While I agree the similarities are there, even to say the game is heavily inspired by it, playing the game you see that SuperBot took a lot of liberties with the gameplay to deprecate the two. And they did a really good job. Just appreciate it on it's own is all I ask.
Message 65 of 69 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Sorry to hear you don't like it.
Clearly this isn't the game for you.
Message 66 of 69 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 20, 2012
SEPERATE!****

****IN' AUTOCORRECT!
Message 67 of 69 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

i used to play Brawl  before i sold it and the Wii. it was good but the online to me was dead because of the terrible lag and disconnection. when i play PS All-Stars Beta, it runs most of the time  smoother, 60 fps and it's from a freaking BETA. when a Beta can run better then a full game,  you know  something not right and  that's the case for Brawl online.

anyways, can't wait till Nov 20!!Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 69 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
552 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, the lag and disconnection was also really bad for me
Message 69 of 69 (40 Views)
0 Likes