Oct 02 2012
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts

Will Battle Royale Bring Unity to the PlayStation Universe?

29 replies 366 views Edited Oct 2, 2012
Message 1 of 30 (366 Views)
Sackboy
423 posts

Re: Will Battle Royale Bring Unity to the PlayStation Universe?

Oct 2, 2012
why does the maker of the post think there are only 20 characters ><
and they are sooo much more unique than SSBB roster.
most of SSBB roster is just players who have the same attacks as others like ness= lucas
captain falcon = ganon
fox=wolf=falco (even their final smash god dammit)
link = toon link ( same same new name)

and much more are just copy pasting from other characters ><
in PSAS everyone is so unique and interesting
Message 2 of 30 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Oct 2, 2012

mman1235 wrote:
why does the maker of the post think there are only 20 characters ><
and they are sooo much more unique than SSBB roster.
most of SSBB roster is just players who have the same attacks as others like ness= lucas
captain falcon = ganon
fox=wolf=falco (even their final smash god dammit)
link = toon link ( same same new name)

and much more are just copy pasting from other characters ><
in PSAS everyone is so unique and interesting

Because Sony confirmed that there are 20 characters.

Message 3 of 30 (332 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Heya guys, I'm the writer of the post. I actually think Battle Royale will most likely ship with much more than 20 (I'm thinking Sid is throwing us a curve ball) PSLS reported the 20 characters AFTER I wrote the article, my editor isn't as speculative as I am, and edited it before the post went live in a way he deemed appropriate, which he's in the right to do, since most of the rumors/evidence hasn't been substantial enough to warrant their own individual posts, so from a public stand point speculating that there's likely: Cloud, Snake, Crash, and Kat sends readers mixed messages. I hope you all enjoyed the article regardless, I've had a hawk eye on these forums for a while now, but this is my first time posting (forums are always the best way to hear news pertaining to a specific title before anywhere else.)
Message 4 of 30 (316 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Oct 2, 2012

shadow_fire wrote:
Heya guys, I'm the writer of the post. I actually think Battle Royale will most likely ship with much more than 20 (I'm thinking Sid is throwing us a curve ball) PSLS reported the 20 characters AFTER I wrote the article, my editor isn't as speculative as I am, and edited it before the post went live in a way he deemed appropriate, which he's in the right to do, since most of the rumors/evidence hasn't been substantial enough to warrant their own individual posts, so from a public stand point speculating that there's likely: Cloud, Snake, Crash, and Kat sends readers mixed messages. I hope you all enjoyed the article regardless, I've had a hawk eye on these forums for a while now, but this is my first time posting (forums are always the best way to hear news pertaining to a specific title before anywhere else.)

Don't you think it would be stupid of Sony to throw people off and state that there's only 20 characters? Especially when you consider the number of people who raged at those news and the lack of reveals at TGS and Eurogamer Expo.

Message 5 of 30 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 2, 2012

shadow_fire wrote:

i'm gonna kudo you for writing the article,

ad i'm gonna kudo tonester for linking the article here!

Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 30 (303 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Oct 2, 2012
@Emperor Here's the thing, us obsessive internet fans will pay attention to the roster up until, and after the game releases. So if Sony throws us off for a little bit, it doesn't matter because we'll see the later reveals anyway, and most likely become much more excited than we would of otherwise (right now the only true surprise in Battle Royale has been Big Daddy...which isn't a good thing) When they start full scale advertising the game to the public, they'll have the full roster to strut, so this current raging internet dilemma is most likely deemed inconsequential to Sony, and SuperBot. @Achus Thank you muchly!
Message 7 of 30 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

shadow_fire wrote:
@Emperor Here's the thing, us obsessive internet fans will pay attention to the roster up until, and after the game releases. So if Sony throws us off for a little bit, it doesn't matter because we'll see the later reveals anyway, and most likely become much more excited than we would of otherwise (right now the only true surprise in Battle Royale has been Big Daddy...which isn't a good thing) When they start full scale advertising the game to the public, they'll have the full roster to strut, so this current raging internet dilemma is most likely deemed inconsequential to Sony, and SuperBot. @Achus Thank you muchly!

Us, sure. But there are countless, more casual, less passionate gaming fans who like the idea of a PS crossover and who, on hearing the news of only 20 characters (with no member of the Big 4), just shrug their shoulders and move on. They lost a lot of steam following the Nariko/Sir Dan reveals from over a month ago. And with each passing week, it looks likelier and likelier that those 20 characters are all we've getting at launch.

Message 8 of 30 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Oct 2, 2012
@Emperor The whole point is the casual less passionate gamers are either not going to hear the 20 confirmation at all, or find out otherwise when the game approaches release, and is advertised heavily
Message 9 of 30 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Just because there's a different answer for everyone, I'd like to ask you specifically Emperor:

Who are the Big 4 (in your opinion).

For me, it's:

Crash
Cloud
Wander
Kat

I could honestly care less about Snake or BB and I know that's slander to many, I just have different tastes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 10 of 30 (269 Views)
0 Likes