Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/23/2007
Offline
2885 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.
Message 71 of 83 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


Weren't you the one that pointed out that there are only approximately 50-100 WiiUs per GameStop?  50 WiiUs isn't really much.  Not to mention the issue isn't the launch itself, but the games.  


I am not the one who mentioned how many Wii-U's each store gets, and personnaly have no clue as to the legitimacy of that claim anyway. What I'm trying do is reply to those who think "Wii-U will fail hard"; When all 5 of my local game stores are already out of pre-orders (big chains like best buy probably aren't fairing much better) it seems silly to say the Wii-U will fail and such. lol, but I suppose a Sony forum isn't exactly the best place to bring it up. Relating to the OP, Wii-U wont stop me from getting PSASBR, Halo 4, or any other of the great holiday titles :smileyhappy:

 


The Wii-U failing really has little to do with sales. It has to do with games. The Wii was, from a financial point of view, a success. From the aspect of gamers though it didn't do as well considering 80% of the biggest games in gaming (this generation) did not come out on it. The Wii has survived on party games are first party titles. Very VERY few third party titles have sold well. It got to the point where most gamers didn't really consider the Wii as in the competition due to how it was marketed to an entirely different demographic of gaming.

 

This isn't me saying the Wii is a bad system or it has bad games, but you would have to be blind to not realize the Ps3 and 360 had a FAR bigger library of games available to them. This is where the WiiU is going to have to fight REALLY hard. A huge chunk of its games are just ports of games that are already out on current systems or coming out on them as well. It's exclusives are, for the most part, still first party titles. The WiiU is also going to have to fight hard when the next iterations of the PlayStation and Xbox comes out cause if Developers jump ship to release the new games on the newest systems... What is the WiiU going to have other than first party titles again?

 

I imagine the WiiU is going to sell well (not as good as the Wii) and it won't do that great gaming wise. It'll be another GameCube. Great games but it will become a dead fish.


Yeah that's probably the best way of putting it, as long as Nintendo does 'OK' and remains everyone's 'secondary' console I'm cool with that.

 



Message 72 of 83 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Well, being the only game that anyone would want is Pikman 3.  There's no reason to rush out and waste money on this piece of garbage 8GB system and there's no way I'm paying $50 more for 32GB because a 160GB PS3 is cheaper.

Message 73 of 83 (58 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Have you tried it?

 



Message 74 of 83 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Have you tried it?

 


You don't have to try it to know that its medicore release line-up and lack of space isn't worth either of its price tags.

Message 75 of 83 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Have you tried it?

 


You don't have to try it to know that its medicore release line-up and lack of space isn't worth either of its price tags.


Ignorance is bliss...

 



Message 76 of 83 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/10/2009
Offline
1005 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Well, being the only game that anyone would want is Pikman 3.  There's no reason to rush out and waste money on this piece of garbage 8GB system and there's no way I'm paying $50 more for 32GB because a 160GB PS3 is cheaper.


I've never even touched a pikmin game, or understood its appeal. I'll maybe pick one up if they bundle it with a new Zelda game in 2 or 3 years if there are enough other good games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 77 of 83 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Have you tried it?

 


You don't have to try it to know that its medicore release line-up and lack of space isn't worth either of its price tags.


Ignorance is bliss...

 


You mean, money doesn't grow on trees.  No one's buying a Wii U for Assassin's Creed 3 or Batman and if they did they're as high as kites by now.

Message 78 of 83 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.


I won't be getting one, I guarantee you that.

Well, being the only game that anyone would want is Pikman 3.  There's no reason to rush out and waste money on this piece of garbage 8GB system and there's no way I'm paying $50 more for 32GB because a 160GB PS3 is cheaper.


I've never even touched a pikmin game, or understood its appeal. I'll maybe pick one up if they bundle it with a new Zelda game in 2 or 3 years if there are enough other good games.


It's gona be like 3 or 4 years before I consider picking one up.

Message 79 of 83 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/26/2010
Offline
1336 posts
 

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 15, 2012

I will be getting the wii u day one as I did preorder it but I can assure you it won't affect sales as playstation all stars is a Sony game and unless you have or will have both consoles it won't even matter. But personally I will be picking up the wii u as it is a new console and I want to try it out just like I did with the wii.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 80 of 83 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes