Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 14, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

honestly the Wii U is **bleep**ed. Its basically a current gen console which can do basically what a ps3+vita can, doesnt have any games that really seem great, in 1 year the new xbox will be coming out with ps4 soon after. You could buy an xbox or ps3 for that cheaper and be more satisfied...

yeah, like its been stated before, there are supposedly delays on the Durango. Some sort of shortage of compenents or something I guess? I don't know the details, but this gives Sony either time to pull ahead, or embrace the delay, hold the console back another year, release before the durango, and have a better system due to extra development time.

yeah they have a shortage of processors, which its not actually a shortage, microsoft just wont pay the company what they want, so now they are coming at a slower speed, so we shall have to see.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 61 of 83 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.

Message 62 of 83 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Why would it?

Message 63 of 83 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Well, every Gamestop in my area ran out of Wii-U pre-orders by last night, and they only started taking them yesterday morning, soooo, I think Wii-U will be just fine, It's a very cool system, I think most people who buy gaming systems are going to end up with one.

Weren't you the one that pointed out that there are only approximately 50-100 WiiUs per GameStop?  50 WiiUs isn't really much.  Not to mention the issue isn't the launch itself, but the games.  

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 64 of 83 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 14, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Weren't you the one that pointed out that there are only approximately 50-100 WiiUs per GameStop?  50 WiiUs isn't really much.  Not to mention the issue isn't the launch itself, but the games.  

I am not the one who mentioned how many Wii-U's each store gets, and personnaly have no clue as to the legitimacy of that claim anyway. What I'm trying do is reply to those who think "Wii-U will fail hard"; When all 5 of my local game stores are already out of pre-orders (big chains like best buy probably aren't fairing much better) it seems silly to say the Wii-U will fail and such. lol, but I suppose a Sony forum isn't exactly the best place to bring it up. Relating to the OP, Wii-U wont stop me from getting PSASBR, Halo 4, or any other of the great holiday titles Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 83 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 14, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

I just hope it doesn't drastically affect sales for this game.

I highly doubt it, most the Wii U's launch line up isn't worth buying a Wii U for and the cheapest system at $299 only has 8GB of HDD space.

Message 66 of 83 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I am not the one who mentioned how many Wii-U's each store gets, and personnaly have no clue as to the legitimacy of that claim anyway. What I'm trying do is reply to those who think "Wii-U will fail hard"; When all 5 of my local game stores are already out of pre-orders (big chains like best buy probably aren't fairing much better) it seems silly to say the Wii-U will fail and such. lol, but I suppose a Sony forum isn't exactly the best place to bring it up. Relating to the OP, Wii-U wont stop me from getting PSASBR, Halo 4, or any other of the great holiday titles Smiley Happy

Okay, my bad on that then.  It was somebody with the R&C 10th Anniversary Avatar.  However, I still believe the WiiU's going to bomb only because Nintendo does not seem to be handling things well, and because they're doing quite a few things that may turn off this console's target audience and a few other things that are doing so to the original Wii's target audience.  I really, really hope I'm wrong, I can't state that enough, but I can't see this turning out well for Nintendo.

ecdf9e46
Message 67 of 83 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Sep 15, 2012
$300 console and a $60 game.
Message 68 of 83 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

The Wii-U failing really has little to do with sales. It has to do with games. The Wii was, from a financial point of view, a success. From the aspect of gamers though it didn't do as well considering 80% of the biggest games in gaming (this generation) did not come out on it. The Wii has survived on party games are first party titles. Very VERY few third party titles have sold well. It got to the point where most gamers didn't really consider the Wii as in the competition due to how it was marketed to an entirely different demographic of gaming.

This isn't me saying the Wii is a bad system or it has bad games, but you would have to be blind to not realize the Ps3 and 360 had a FAR bigger library of games available to them. This is where the WiiU is going to have to fight REALLY hard. A huge chunk of its games are just ports of games that are already out on current systems or coming out on them as well. It's exclusives are, for the most part, still first party titles. The WiiU is also going to have to fight hard when the next iterations of the PlayStation and Xbox comes out cause if Developers jump ship to release the new games on the newest systems... What is the WiiU going to have other than first party titles again?

I imagine the WiiU is going to sell well (not as good as the Wii) and it won't do that great gaming wise. It'll be another GameCube. Great games but it will become a dead fish.

Message 69 of 83 (49 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

The Wii-U failing really has little to do with sales. It has to do with games. The Wii was, from a financial point of view, a success. From the aspect of gamers though it didn't do as well considering 80% of the biggest games in gaming (this generation) did not come out on it. The Wii has survived on party games are first party titles. Very VERY few third party titles have sold well. It got to the point where most gamers didn't really consider the Wii as in the competition due to how it was marketed to an entirely different demographic of gaming.

This isn't me saying the Wii is a bad system or it has bad games, but you would have to be blind to not realize the Ps3 and 360 had a FAR bigger library of games available to them. This is where the WiiU is going to have to fight REALLY hard. A huge chunk of its games are just ports of games that are already out on current systems or coming out on them as well. It's exclusives are, for the most part, still first party titles. The WiiU is also going to have to fight hard when the next iterations of the PlayStation and Xbox comes out cause if Developers jump ship to release the new games on the newest systems... What is the WiiU going to have other than first party titles again?

I imagine the WiiU is going to sell well (not as good as the Wii) and it won't do that great gaming wise. It'll be another GameCube. Great games but it will become a dead fish.

I was personally making more comparisons to N64, because I think it'll still outsell GC by a bit. 

Edit:  Then again, the N64 did bring about a lot of change, which the GC didn't and I don't think the WiiU will, so nevermind.

ecdf9e46
Message 70 of 83 (42 Views)
0 Likes