I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 13, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

i was pretty sold on getting one after E3, but seeing now how it only supports 1 tablet controller, most of the games are already released 3rd party games, and its $350 for a current gen console, i think a vita would be a better investment for someone.

yeah when i heard it only supports 1 controller i was like.....co-op games? XD

actually how will the next smash play? I enjoyed it a lot because of co-op, my understanding is multiplayer for the wii u will only be online?

The Wii-u games will only support one gamepad at launch. more won't be on sale in the US till later. You can play all the multiplayer games of the Wii-u with Wii controllers. The other people have slightly different experiences than you. I don't know why nintendo chose to do it this way, but the controllers are like half the cost of the system. In Japan a 2nd Wii-U gamepad goes for 150$ US.

yeah, but heres the thing, ive been to several conferences and they tell you to only use one controller, they said if you use a wii controller or anything and play a game with 2 or more players, the frame rate drops every single time you have an extra controller ;/ so only using one is the best way to play it seems.

So they just don't want you to play multiplayer games without sacrificing framerate is what you're saying? That doesn't seem right... Ubisoft did their press conference at E3 and showed Rayman-U or whatever with 2 or 3 people. playing. 1 on the game pad and the others on Wii-motes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 41 of 83 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 13, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

i was pretty sold on getting one after E3, but seeing now how it only supports 1 tablet controller, most of the games are already released 3rd party games, and its $350 for a current gen console, i think a vita would be a better investment for someone.

actually how will the next smash play? I enjoyed it a lot because of co-op, my understanding is multiplayer for the wii u will only be online?

The Wii-u games will only support one gamepad at launch. more won't be on sale in the US till later. You can play all the multiplayer games of the Wii-u with Wii controllers. The other people have slightly different experiences than you. I don't know why nintendo chose to do it this way, but the controllers are like half the cost of the system. In Japan a 2nd Wii-U gamepad goes for 150$ US.

yeah, but heres the thing, ive been to several conferences and they tell you to only use one controller, they said if you use a wii controller or anything and play a game with 2 or more players, the frame rate drops every single time you have an extra controller ;/ so only using one is the best way to play it seems.

So they just don't want you to play multiplayer games without sacrificing framerate is what you're saying? That doesn't seem right... Ubisoft did their press conference at E3 and showed Rayman-U or whatever with 2 or 3 people. playing. 1 on the game pad and the others on Wii-motes

idk, i SWEAR im not lying, they said the frame rate suffers badly when playing with more than one person, thats why im worried about the next smash (well one reason xD), but yeah they said it drops the framerate, at least they didnt lie and try to hide it till it came out.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 42 of 83 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

idk, i SWEAR im not lying, they said the frame rate suffers badly when playing with more than one person, thats why im worried about the next smash (well one reason xD), but yeah they said it drops the framerate, at least they didnt lie and try to hide it till it came out.

I don't know when you saw it, but I've heard literally nothing about that anywhere, from anyone. Also, that might be because its not the final product so it is or was still being fine tuned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 43 of 83 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 13, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

do not fear, buy 4 wii u's and you wont have the prob with the fraps.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 44 of 83 (60 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Is this what you're talking about?
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30489
Having 2 Gamepads will lower the framerate, which i understand, since the Wii-u will have to output a lot more information. But that wouldn't be the case with 1 game-pad and a wii-mote, or multiple wii-motes

Message 45 of 83 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 13, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

I don't know when you saw it, but I've heard literally nothing about that anywhere, from anyone. Also, that might be because its not the final product so it is or was still being fine tuned.

i heard it at a convention from nintendo reps, and at the gamestop convention just recently (a couple friends were there and got the same information) and @ tru hahaha that made me actually laugh out loud

Message 46 of 83 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 13, 2012
They only ever confirmed 2 WiiPads at once, not 2 people. It can sustain up to 6P MP in theory, but the game would have to be very well made to support 3 1080p screens in real-time. That's why most will only utilize 5P maximum.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 47 of 83 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 13, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

Having 2 Gamepads will lower the framerate, which i understand, since the Wii-u will have to output a lot more information. But that wouldn't be the case with 1 game-pad and a wii-mote, or multiple wii-motes

that may be it, but the people said multiple wii remotes will lower the framerate too Smiley Happy could be they made a mistake idk

Message 48 of 83 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

killedbyaspork wrote:

that may be it, but the people said multiple wii remotes will lower the framerate too Smiley Happy could be they made a mistake idk

I feel like you misunderstood them, I can't find anything saying that wii-motes would lower the frame-rate. only having a second gamepad. Which would halve the framerate down to 30fps. Which, while not amazing, is still totally functional.

Message 49 of 83 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Whoops, beat me to it, spork!

Also, Zeo, nobody ever said anything about multiple Wiimotes, it was just the WiiPad that they said would cause issues.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 50 of 83 (41 Views)
0 Likes