Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
722 posts

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 13, 2012
All the Nintendrones will buy a Wii-U day one, we already know that. Question is, will all the soccer Mom's go buy it like they did the Wii?

The fate of the U could very well rest with suburban minivan soccer Mom's. Seriously. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Will they say **bleep** it my kid has a Wii, that's enough? Or will the plunk down the cash?
Message 21 of 83 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

joshTX wrote:
All the Nintendrones will buy a Wii-U day one, we already know that. Question is, will all the soccer Mom's go buy it like they did the Wii?

The fate of the U could very well rest with suburban minivan soccer Mom's. Seriously. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Will they say **bleep** it my kid has a Wii, that's enough? Or will the plunk down the cash?

A lot of the people who bought the Wii, were old people, looking for things like Wii-fit, or to have when their grandkids come over. They won't know the difference between the Wii and the Wii-u. A lot of parents won't know either, it was a bad move to call it the Wii-u, as it doesn't seperate it from the Wii enough. the 'u' could just be referring to the controller for all they know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 22 of 83 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 13, 2012

After this year's E3, I doubt anyone will buy the WiiU day 1 anyway...

The Party Panda.png

Message 23 of 83 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

XxPartyPandazXx wrote:

After this year's E3, I doubt anyone will buy the WiiU day 1 anyway...

They announced a ton of stuff today about it. Yes, Their E3 conference did not help them, but they really got the information out there now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 24 of 83 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 13, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

I just hope it doesn't drastically affect sales for this game.

already 100% paid off both! So no problem's here :smileyhappy:

Message 25 of 83 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Is wii U considered a tablet or a hand held or what?

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 26 of 83 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 13, 2012
It's a new console. It's controller is a tablet, but that's about it.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 27 of 83 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I agree, Spork, about the theory that many will not be able to differentiate it from the Wii. Not completely changing the name may not have been a good marketing strategy. Then again, maybe the wanted the word Wii tacked on there for brand recognition.

I got an invite to that Wii-U experience, so yeah, I've already played the U a bit. I can say that before going, I was confused about what the Wii-U really was. It uses the wiimotes as well, so I didn't know if just the tablet was new, and it connected to a standard Wii, or what. I was pretty confused.

I enjoyed some of what I played, but I didn't find that any of it "revolutionized" the way the Wii did. I think they will come up with some great ideas, Nintendo is pretty creative. Just don't know if it will sell like they are hoping. I'll be really surprised if it pushes even half of what the Wii pushed for the 1st year.
Message 28 of 83 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Wii u wil fail CONSUMER REPORTS state 65% of peopel who bought a will will not buy the wii u 75% of current gammers dont want a wii u , and 25% of the nintendo comunity is iffy about it..  If nintendo just lost its Cassual fan base there DEAD ... 5% of the wii's owners are "gamers" and every gammer i know who owns one hasent touvhed it since they got a ps3 or 360.. 

Message 29 of 83 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Sep 13, 2012

i dunno,,, maybe wiiU for the next year.

first royale.

Message 30 of 83 (64 Views)
0 Likes