Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Wii U launches 2 days before this game...

Sep 13, 2012
I'm really concerned about Nintendo. They're charging $350 for a console with a 32GB HDD, and the standard $300 comes with only 8GB, from what I understand. I'm hoping that's a typo, and that it's 80 and 320, because if not we can clearly see Nintendo's stance on Digital Downloads. And DLC. And Installing Discs. And practically every facet of this current gen that I enjoy. If they're really going to stay old-school on things like this, in their attempt to recapture the modern gamer's love, I'm concerned about them. I love Nintendo, but the WiiU keeps screaming at the very best a relative failure at every turn, and at the very worst a complete failure.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 83 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I'm really concerned about Nintendo. They're charging $350 for a console with a 32GB HDD, and the standard $300 comes with only 8GB, from what I understand. I'm hoping that's a typo, and that it's 80 and 320, because if not we can clearly see Nintendo's stance on Digital Downloads. And DLC. And Installing Discs. And practically every facet of this current gen that I enjoy. If they're really going to stay old-school on things like this, in their attempt to recapture the modern gamer's love, I'm concerned about them. I love Nintendo, but the WiiU keeps screaming at the very best a relative failure at every turn, and at the very worst a complete failure.

Those are my least favorite parts of this generation. Unless its free stuff. Most the digital downloads on the Wii-u will be old games, or E-shop things. They will probably have SD cards you can put in, but thats all I can think of for that, and theres no way they made a typo like that. It'd be way more expensive if it was 80/320. Maybe they're SSD's at least, and not HDDs, I dunno. 

Edit: I just read that nintendo plans to have first party games available for download unless they require a peripheral, like a microphone.

Also, I don't see the Wii-u hurting this game, because there will be a shortage, and from my understanding, very few people are looking forward to the Wii-u. at least from my observations. especially the people who are really looking forward to this game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 12 of 83 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 13, 2012
maybe in japan where the 2 main companies are nintendo and sony. but i doubt in the u.s.
Message 13 of 83 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Oh, no, there's barely any crossover room between buyers of the WiiU and PSAS. I'd be more worried about Black Ops 2.

I was just stating that Nintendo is pretty much ignoring the main points of the WiiU's existence.  I'm really, really concerned about them now.  They have two day one launch titles, one of which is Nintendo Land (which I thought was an app for the WiiU...).  It doesn't seem like the real system-sellers (Pikmin 3) won't even be day one anymore, so it'll literally just be multiplatform games and NSMB.  There's nothing I could see anybody immediately forking out $300 for.

God, Nintendo, PLEASE be hiding something.

ecdf9e46
Message 14 of 83 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Oh, no, there's barely any crossover room between buyers of the WiiU and PSAS. I'd be more worried about Black Ops 2.

For the Wii-u? naaaah, they'd have to buy a Wii-u to pl.... ooooooooh, you mean the on the PS3 and Xbox.... right... well uh.... yeah, that actually could be a problem. Last year I worked at Toys R Us during the holiday season, and I sold way more Xbox games than PS3, especially when MW3 came out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 15 of 83 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Call Of Duty, Halo and the Wii U,

This game just went down 50% in sales..
Message 16 of 83 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 13, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Only one of those has a 1+% impact on PSAS.  Anybody buying Halo probably doesn't have a PS3, or they don't even play fighting games.  I know 0 hardcore fighting and shooting game fans.  Even the BO2 buyers (the only real room for crossing over between markets) likely won't affect PSAS, considering that people are not impulse buying one over the other.  90% of CoD buys are predetermined months in advance.

ecdf9e46
Message 17 of 83 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Only one of those has a 1+% impact on PSAS.  Anybody buying Halo probably doesn't have a PS3, or they don't even play fighting games.  I know 0 hardcore fighting and shooting game fans.  Even the BO2 buyers (the only real room for crossing over between markets) likely won't affect PSAS, considering that people are not impulse buying one over the other.  90% of CoD buys are predetermined months in advance.

It'll mostly effect day 1 sales I think. As it gets closer to christmas and there are more sales and such sales of All-stars will go up. I worked at Toys R Us in the R Zone(their video game/electronics section) last holiday season, and people are generally reluctant to spend 60$ on a game they aren't sure about anyways. PSASBR will probably pick up sales after the first week, or in mid december as things get closer to christmas. Who knows though, it does come out right before Black Friday yes? 

Message 18 of 83 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

AssAssassins creed 3 this game just went down 45%
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 19 of 83 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 13, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

AssAssassins creed 3 this game just went

Everyone pack-up. Head on home. nothin to see here.

Message 20 of 83 (135 Views)