Oct 20 2012
By: mac102991 Lombax Warrior 152 posts

Why would you ever use Parapa's level 3 super?

12 replies 228 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

It's another meter of AP and you can get more kills with the skateboard.

Discuss.

Message 1 of 13 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Why would you ever use Parapa's level 3 super?

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

I use it online to annoy people. Smiley Tongue Especially if I hear them thru the mic and they diss Parappa.

But i moslty use his lv2 and sometimes lv1 if there is an opening.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 2 of 13 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Oct 20, 2012
It's a guaranteed 3 kills. When I use it I typically have no deaths up to that point and I've won matches on several occasions by using this strategy. And typically I have enough time to gain another level1 before the match ends.
Message 3 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

D1renegade wrote:
It's a guaranteed 3 kills. When I use it I typically have no deaths up to that point and I've won matches on several occasions by using this strategy. And typically I have enough time to gain another level1 before the match ends.

His level 2 pretty much guarentees 3 kills if you are using it right. Occasionally I will get 4 kills with it. Thus, I never use level 3. Unless I'm doing it for the lulz, which is a better purpose than Superbot gave it.

And considering competetive matches, matches that will be 1v1 or 2v2, it's purposeless.

Message 4 of 13 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

His level two guarantees three kills on the maps we're currently on "mostly."  If you've been paying attention to the other maps, there's that one Jak and Daxter, Sandover Village stage.  As I haven't played it and don't know how people will play, I can't definitely say that he won't get three kills, but the stage itself looks a lot easier in being able to dodge Parappa's skateboard.

Another thing, is if you're good you can dodge Parappa's skateboard all day long.  If you're in the air do an air evade right when he hits you.  If he's skating at you evade his direction.  If you know they're going to try and do that though, you can fake them out and then hurry and turn around to catch them when they get back up from the evade.

Message 5 of 13 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I just use it to have fun, I actually really like the cutscene supers they're fun to look at, Heihachi's is my favorite at the moment.
Message 6 of 13 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Oct 20, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

His level two guarantees three kills on the maps we're currently on "mostly."  If you've been paying attention to the other maps, there's that one Jak and Daxter, Sandover Village stage.  As I haven't played it and don't know how people will play, I can't definitely say that he won't get three kills, but the stage itself looks a lot easier in being able to dodge Parappa's skateboard.

Another thing, is if you're good you can dodge Parappa's skateboard all day long.  If you're in the air do an air evade right when he hits you.  If he's skating at you evade his direction.  If you know they're going to try and do that though, you can fake them out and then hurry and turn around to catch them when they get back up from the evade.

You definitely have a point there. Though I feel like Parapas will need save their AP and be skilled enough to get those 3 kills with the level 2. Reason being that characters like Kratos, Radec and Sly can achieve twice as many kills per level 3.

In other words: Parapa = Low Tier

Message 7 of 13 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Oct 20, 2012

idk I like it, been using it more lately as level 2 isnt guaranteed.  parappa is good at avoiding supers i've learned lol so I stick to him.  mostly have been using level 1 and 3 lately

Message 8 of 13 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Lvl 3 is good on smarter opponents, people know how to avoid his skateboard quite effectively actually
Message 9 of 13 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Why wouldn't you.
Message 10 of 13 (111 Views)
0 Likes