Oct 20 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Why we should be happy about Big Daddy

28 replies 311 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

Many people say that Big Daddy isn't "Playstation All Star" but Bioschock is genrally considered the best game of this generation(the only challengers being Portal and Uncharted 2).  While not specifically associated with the Playstation brand we should be honored Take-two graced us with such a memerable character. This is also one of the first steps to a pro-sony relationship with 2k/take-two. That means exclusive dlc, early dlc, discounts, and such for Bioshock, GTA, Borderlands, and the 2k sports series. We may not notice this now but this could be a major first step for Sony and Take-two

This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (311 Views)
Sackboy
411 posts

Re: Why we should be happy about Big Daddy

Oct 20, 2012
i really like big dady. and fighting style i didnt even played bioshock
im wanting good chars and cool chars. dont caring for game
i neve rplayed nariko but she is super in the game will play
never liked dmc combo stystem : because of block button . but dante is very cool in this game
never liked or played ape escape but i will try spike never tried medievil parappa
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Agreed! plus he just makes for an awesome character :smileytongue: 

Plus it promotes bioshock infinite which until the stowaway level was announced, the "new big daddy" (songbird) for the game didn't interest me that much. Good job 2k games

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

i like having big daddy in.  here's why.

trying to say that big daddy is a "playstation all star" is weak.  he's not.  if anything he's an xbox allstar.

HOWEVER, the reason i like him being there is the story behind his inclusion.  The dev team of bioshock literally begged superbot to have big daddy in as a playable character and that's why he's there.  i think if a company wants their character in the game so bad that they're willing to beg for it, then i welcome their inclusion.

Its the same story with snake in brawl.  hideo kojima begged nintendo to let snake be in smash brothers and that's why he's in.  there were no attempts to justify snake being in the game by nintendo saying "if you look at it this way, then snake is a nintendo allstar".  People accepted him as an awesome guest character because his creator had so much support for the game.  that's what happened here with big daddy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (282 Views)
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Big Daddy is an All Star just not a Playstation All Star.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I think I appreciate Big Daddy the most out of the third-party characters revealed so far, he doesn't seem like he's in to advertise a game, and he works as the only real "heavy" of the roster. Unless you count Sir Dan. Which I don't.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (262 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Big Daddy is BECOMING an allstar

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Oct 20, 2012
"Bioschock is genrally considered the best game of this generation(the only challengers being Portal and Uncharted 2)."
Oh really? I disagree. Just putting this here:
1. Heavy Rain
2. Journey
3. Uncharted 3
4. Metal Gear Solid 4
5. LittleBigPlanet 2/inFamous 2
Yea, just sayin.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I care more about having an interesting roster than having only characters that are heavily tied to Sony, so I'm exited as **bleep** for Big Daddy.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (250 Views)
Sackboy
551 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Big daddy will be my second main...I'm so excited to play him, I've played bioshock 2 three times over and pre-ordered infinite when it was announced. If I had to pick a third party character he would of been it.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (236 Views)
0 Likes