Lot's of foolish statements are coming from people. Some of these people have legitamit curiosity of this game's success while the rest don't of course. Here's a post for those who are curious about what this game will really bring. Here's what you should know:
- Nogstalgia from The oldest PlayStation fans with characters like: Parappa, Sir Dan, Sweet Tooth, Spike and more even with DLC and sequels.
-Nostalgia for younger PlayStation fans. Anyone who was around the age of 6 during the PS3's release are around the age of 12 now. They grew up with characters too; PlayStation is about everybody in all generations.
2. Replay Value
- Tons of it, just tons of replay value in the game. Single player modes will have thousands of hours in value with trials, challenges, etc. Things to unlock, stats, diverse story mode.
-Online play give endless replay value, even on the go with the PS Vita. Things to unlock, stats, different game modes like CTF. Options to customize your game experience. Competitive and fun whenever you want/call for it.
3. Expansion (DLC, and Sequel)
- This game brings in the different universes of PlayStation together. Sony wont let something like that go. The only place where this happens is in playstation home if a characters costume or companion and other home items are avilable. Back to PSASBR; DLC is for what ever SuperBot cannot get on the disc in time for release. They are listening to fans and will trying to get a lot of what we want on-disc and in DLC. Even game modes and various other updates are no exception to DLC (Look at Starhawk). Eventually Sony will make a Sequel because SuperBot will have new ides, new characters, and possibly develope it for the PS4 once they have enough time to figure out the new tech on it.
- SuperBot and Sony gave this to us mostly because we kept asking for it. They took people from many departments in gaming and formed a new studio (SuperBot Entertainment) just for this game. They put a lot of effort into this for the fans and to celebrate the good times PlayStation has offered and will continue to offer. The wonderful players of the game come together for fun and to share their experience.
-Additional support from http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com will expand your game experience even more. The site gives you updates about the game and the various details about it. If there was some weird occurance where SuperBot is so busy without updating as much, you can always count on that site as well for info. The PlayStation All-Stars Arena YouTube channel will be featuring events in the community as well. So anything from contest to tournaments and more will be hosted. There's a lot of exciting things going on so its something a fan of psallstars wont want to miss out in a dedicated site.
So you do not have anything to worry about. Do not get worried or upset at something little like SuperBot not having a panel at TGS. Don't get dissapointed if one of your favorite characters isnt in the game (they could be in eventually too). Don't listen to raging biased fanboys or people who try to bring you down on a game you most likely been waiting on for YEARS. It's coming out just for YOU, and you, and you and you and everybody. They didnt have to do this but they did it for us. This game will be one of the best games you will get at a $60 value.
The game might not be perfect but that does matter because its good enough already and we dont even know the rest of the games details! A 'top-gaming site' might give this game a 7/10, who cares....I'd give it a 8.5 from what I've seen so far, but you know what, thats just me and I still love the game. See someone give it a 1/10? You know they are 'BS'ing', I wouldnt even pay that reviewer any attention..and not tell people about them either. The release date draws near, find something to occupy yourself and don't get tired from trying to get into a beta. Just be happy and kow a great game is on the way
It depends on the consumer and if Superbot is able to open the eyes of gamers. Because as of now it's a selection of people rather then a huge group. At first when Superbot made their initial announcement, almost all of my friends were interested. Now they shrug and half of them believe it'll flop. Personally, I can see it doing well with those who really want the game and enjoy it, however I think Superbot needs a lot of work in the marketing department. They need more characters which reach for a larger audience. Even I'm not pleased yet, not even close. But that's because of my preference in gaming.
So the game will do fine, but if the marketing (the lack there of) continues then I don't see it grabbing anyone I know and making them excited or addicted. Which is sad, since I want my friends to be pumped up. But I can't blame them for shrugging this off either.
yes, because all games like this succeed all the time. This game will flop, bad character choices. Plain and simple. These games live and die by the roster. And this will also fail becuase when MOST people play this they will be compairing it to smash bros, which will always be the best
and if superbot wanted to make this game sell they would be adding in the BIG playstation characters that EVERYONE KNOWS and EVERYONE wants. NOT chacters that are very obscure/for advertising purposes, and that VERY LITTLE PEOPLE want. right now this game is aimed at very little playstation fans. And the dlc is going to be stupid for this game, it's going to be all the big characters, they will be overpirced, and not worth it, and easily milked. THIS GAME WILL FLOP