Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: hyruleshero96 Hekseville Citizen 397 posts

Why there WON'T be a Resistance character.

19 replies 323 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Insomniac already announced that Resistance is a dead franchise. They are done with it and I don't think they'd be on board for a PSASBR character. Then again I could be wrong seeing as we have stages and an item already...

Dunno how to make a Signature picture....
Message 1 of 20 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Re: Why there WON'T be a Resistance character.

Nov 27, 2012

hyruleshero96 wrote:

Insomniac already announced that Resistance is a dead franchise. They are done with it and I don't think they'd be on board for a PSASBR character. Then again I could be wrong seeing as we have stages and an item already...

insomniac said they wont do anymore resistance game but sony will just tell another dev to do it like the spin offs and PASBR has lots of chars whose franshice stopped long time ago lol look at parapa  and nariko are they live franchises? nope

Message 2 of 20 (313 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Nov 27, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

hyruleshero96 wrote:

Insomniac said they wont do anymore resistance game but Sony will just tell another dev to do it like the spin offs and PASBR has lots of chars whose franchise stopped long time ago lol look at parapa  and nariko are they live franchises? Nope

Those are classified as "dormant" not "dead". I'm not saying I'm right. No need to try to be condescending.

Dunno how to make a Signature picture....
Message 3 of 20 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 27, 2012

It's sad that Resistance has gone cold, right at the cusp of a turning point in the plot.

Spoiler
Knowing that humanity finally has a chance and is succeeding in fighting back makes me want to see how it will end. I'm expecting some big cliché personal sacrifice at the end, but I'll let it slip.
Message 4 of 20 (289 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 27, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

hyruleshero96 wrote:

insomniac said they wont do anymore resistance game but sony will just tell another dev to do it like the spin offs and PASBR has lots of chars whose franshice stopped long time ago lol look at parapa  and nariko are they live franchises? nope

THIS

I hope Guerrilla Games takes the IP. This would be greeeeeaaaaattttt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 20 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
277 posts

Nov 27, 2012

i must know about the pure chimera dammit, lol

Message 6 of 20 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 27, 2012

My theory is that they saved Nathan Hale to be Emmett Grave's rival, and Emmett, along with Kat, were so broken and unbalanced when the game went gold, they were pulled from the disc, along with Kat's rival, who I've heard should be the King of Cosmos, which would be another character hard to balance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 7 of 20 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Well, Insomniac never called it dead, they just left. And then after the Vita Resistance bombed horribly, Sony essentially canned the franchise. So yeah, I agree that it's not gonna happen for that reason. Also, if it were to happen now people would accuse Sony of milking PSAS because all of Resistance's unlockables are already present.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 8 of 20 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I kinda hope there isn't a resistance character. There's already so much resistance in this game, maybe they should add a different character instead. Imo!
Message 9 of 20 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
I kinda hope there isn't a resistance character. There's already so much resistance in this game, maybe they should add a different character instead. Imo!

This. This is why I really hope they don't go the Resistence path.

Message 10 of 20 (220 Views)