Wastelander
756 posts

Re: Why the hate towards Raiden?

Oct 8, 2012

I don't hate Raiden as a character, I just hate that he's in this game. He doesn't belong here for a game about Playstations history. Most ppl like me could think of hundreds of other 1st / 3rd party characters that would represent the Playstation brand more then Raiden. To me Raiden is advertisement in this game just like Dino. I don't want to see him in here. 

I've never played MGS2 but I'm not seeing that Raiden being represented in this game, I'm seeing MGR Raiden in this game being represented. His game isn't even out yet -_-

Seriously though most people from what I hear hate Raiden because he was a crybaby, always talked about some girl, and was overall boring I heard. I'm not sure because once again I haven't played MGS2, but this is what I hear most of the time.

Message 21 of 49 (126 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

^Well, those people were stupid, and didn't get Raiden's significance in MGS2 at all (please excuse my rudeness).

Raiden was a child soldier. He had been fighting since he was a kid, and his reason for acting inexperienced was because he didn't want anyone to know who he really was. Okay, he had a scene where he had to run around naked, but he took on like 6 RAY units by himself (he didn't win, but still, it was awesome). The guy loved Rosemary, and their Codec moments were kind of funny to me.

IMO, Raiden was boss ever since I found out about his involvement in the Liberanian War (I think).

This is off-topic, of course.

Message 22 of 49 (125 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 9, 2012
playing mgs2 right now and raiden is just as awesome of a character as snake is,
Photobucket
Message 23 of 49 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Going by that logic deimos instead of Kratos should be in, clank instead of ratchet, elena instead of drake, and so on so forth. When you think MGS you think tactical espionage action and sneaking around not ninjas slicing stuff. Solid snake was in five metal gear games and big boss was in six mg games while Raiden was in two and only playable in one and in that game he is unanimously hated as the biggest bait and switch character of all time. This is just superbot having to bow down to companys wishes to put in characters. People want the face of the franchise in a game like this not an embarrassment from the past who some say got cooler because kojima gave him the gray fox treatment. Would you rather have luigi and falco instead of Mario and fox?
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 24 of 49 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I think it's more to do with the fact that Snake/Big Boss isn't it. If they were, I don't think anyone would have a problem with Raiden, but when he's the sole representative of the MGS franchise, people get bummed. I don't blame them, but I would also say that Raiden is a really cool character, and looks to bring with him a very interesting move set.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 25 of 49 (89 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Like people have said, it's not that Raiden is hated, it's just that he got it in over Snake, that's what people don't like, because Snake is the true all star of MGS and easily 100 times more deserving. Maybe Raiden will be an all star in the future, who knows, anything's possible. But right now, Snake is better, and for many people, always will be, so the fact we're getting Raiden over Snake is leaving a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 26 of 49 (81 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 9, 2012

fontbonne wrote:
Going by that logic deimos instead of Kratos should be in, clank instead of ratchet, elena instead of drake, and so on so forth. When you think MGS you think tactical espionage action and sneaking around not ninjas slicing stuff. Solid snake was in five metal gear games and big boss was in six mg games while Raiden was in two and only playable in one and in that game he is unanimously hated as the biggest bait and switch character of all time. This is just superbot having to bow down to companys wishes to put in characters. People want the face of the franchise in a game like this not an embarrassment from the past who some say got cooler because kojima gave him the gray fox treatment. Would you rather have luigi and falco instead of Mario and fox?

This^^^

Most big MGS fans agree that Raiden was made cool in the fourth game just because of how much the fanbase hated him in MGS2.

Message 27 of 49 (81 Views)
Fender Bender
3231 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Raiden is a badass.  And dont get me wrong I like Big Boss / Solid Snake as much as the next guy its just Raiden is a cool character so I don't mind him being in.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Message 28 of 49 (79 Views)
Sackboy
411 posts

Oct 9, 2012
you say raiden much badass than snake
lol you are probably never played mgs
Message 29 of 49 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts