Oct 08 2012
By: Ndukauba Gaming Beast 1859 posts

Why the hate towards Raiden?

48 replies 453 views Edited Oct 8, 2012
Yes I know, literally EVERYONE wants Snake, but why is everybody hating on Raiden? Now if I'm not mistaken, people didn't like Raiden on MGS2, however, when he made appearances on MGS4, a majority of people's jaws dropped when they saw how much of a badass he became. (Especially during the scene when he fought all of the Gecko and Vamp the first time. Don't deny it...) It came to the point where people BEGGED Hideo Kojima to make a Metal Gear game just for Raiden. Not only are we getting Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, (which looks awesome by the way), but they are also putting him in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and everyone's complaining about it? Here is the reason why Snake isn't in PlayStation All-Stars.

To be blunt, Hideo Kojima begged the developer of Super Smash Bros. to put Solid Snake in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but they couldn't because the roster was full, so they guaranteed Snake a spot in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Now think rationally; if he begged them to put him in Super Smash Bros., why would he do the same thing for a completely new game that just happens to be the same genre as Super Smash Bros.? Since Snake is in Super Smash Bros., it makes perfect sense to have Raiden in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

He is a perfectly worthy character, because if he wasn't, why would hundreds of thousands of people beg for a spin-off of the Metal Gear series just for Raiden?

Enough said...
Message 1 of 49 (453 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Re: Why the hate towards Raiden?

Oct 8, 2012

Tl;dr  but Raiden is cool

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 2 of 49 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I love raiden, I don't understand all of the hate either. He's badass.
Message 3 of 49 (440 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Oct 8, 2012

If this is all I think I am gonna main Raiden

Message 4 of 49 (439 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I don't hate him. It's just that Snake deserves more the spot. It's like if in the next Smash there's Luigi but not Mario. Luigi is good, but Mario is Mario.

Also, his inclusion stinks a lot like an advertise thing, and that sucks.

Anyway is not even remotely bad as Donte.

Message 5 of 49 (438 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Oct 8, 2012

hey you wanna know why we want snake ( preferably solid imo) check this out

Message 6 of 49 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 8, 2012
people dont like Raiden because hes not Snake thats pretty much it
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 7 of 49 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 8, 2012

it's not that people hate raiden,

it's that people want snake...

Play For Fun!
Message 8 of 49 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Yeah but when you see things like "Raiden isn't worthy to be in this game" or even one of the threads saying Sackboy is more worthy than Raiden (Not saying Sackboy sucks), it makes you think otherwise. All of the characters have an honest and equal spot on this game. (Except New Dante, who hasn't contributed to PlayStation yet, but even he plays like Old Dante...)
Message 9 of 49 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Dante is Dante, so he has contributed to playstation. A costume does not completely change a character. Slightly off topic, Why is Dante hated also, I like his new look.
Message 10 of 49 (402 Views)
0 Likes