Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: Why the hate on Assassin's Creed

Oct 15, 2012

AC is the hipsers COD , its over rated, has **bleep** prodution values * graphics speek alot , **bleep**y textures still... come on ubisoft!!! * and there milking it.... You'd be blind to tell me brother hood and revilations werent  just extensions of 2 * revilations is 99.5% the same as brotherhood.. * 

The story is great but really... connor uses a tomahawk... the patriot much! ?!? 

Message 31 of 41 (77 Views)
Sackboy
551 posts

Oct 15, 2012
I don't like AC...but that's just me I hate those types of games
Message 32 of 41 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 15, 2012

I love AC! Although it has become too repetitive with a new release every year :?. Anyway I would rather have an AC representative on PSABR than New Dante or 2 Coles Smiley Frustrated

Message 33 of 41 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 15, 2012
I do agree about the repetiveness, Brotherhood and to a large extent Revelations both felt tiresome, and I don't know if I would have completed them if I didn't like the story of AC so much. They really were 2.5 games, with little changes. I guess it makes sense for people to rail on it for the yearly release. I have real high hopes for Assassins Creed 3, I know people are thinking it to be similar to the past few because of the yearly games, but this games been worked on for 3 years now by a huuuge team of devs, they've refined the formula and made it really fast paced - which will be great to play out, and with the story coming to a close, I really can't wait for this outing.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 34 of 41 (64 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 15, 2012

It's the most overrated franchise of the generation alongside Gears Of War.

It's not a bad game as itself, I just hate to hear that it has a good story or interesting characters. The main storyline is probably the most idiotic thing I've seen in any videogame, and I hate to see something this stupid taken seriously. Over that, the gameplay is bland. The historic research is done well for a videogame but still very overrated. Sometimes it simply feels to have some Wikipedia article stick to the game randomly.

And being an italian, I found terribly annoying the language spoken in Assassin's Creed II, half english and half "italian". Just plain stupid. I've never played any game after II so I don't know if that's changed.

I'm probably going to buy the Ezio Trilogy out of curiosity anyway, when the price is good, and maybe in two years I'll give ACIII a chance.

Message 35 of 41 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 15, 2012
You don't have to take the story seriouslly to like it, but it is really interesting.
Message 36 of 41 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 15, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
You don't have to take the story seriouslly to like it, but it is really interesting.

Oh c'mon they take randomly a bunch of stuff like Gods, 2012, and other things I don't remember. I possibly can't take the story seriously, but that wasn't what I meant.

The thing that itches me is that the story itself takes itself too seriously. The game is like "Whoa dude my story it's so awesome never heard anything like this before did you?" and that annoys me. It's original in an incredibly forced way

Message 37 of 41 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 15, 2012
That's true, but I like how it takes a spin on major historical events in ways that could almost be plausible. Add to that there very well made settings that truly paint a clear image of what those locations looked at the time, and you get a nice historical game attempting to tell an original story.
Message 38 of 41 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Idk. I like it.
Message 39 of 41 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 15, 2012

probably because AC is terrible? just a guesssssss.

Message 40 of 41 (34 Views)
0 Likes