Highlighted
Feb 26 2013
By: bigmacpits Sackboy 487 posts
Accepted Solution

Why so few Heihachi players?

10 replies 295 views Edited Feb 26, 2013
*Please note that I don't know the proper statistics of characters (AP/AP Gain/ all that stuff), this is just what I've seen*

Heihachi has (from my experience) has extremely high AP gain. I can get to his level 2 extremely fast. His supers are fantastic (a level 1 with a large range and a level 2 that can get up to 4+ kills, screen clearing level 3), and he has superb combod. He even has a move similar to characters like Dante and Raiden that counter attacks.

So why is he so under used? He seems extremely powerful to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Why so few Heihachi players?

Feb 26, 2013
He has a learning curve, overall he is a really good char but, his lvl 2 is easy to dodge by pro dodgers , and his lvl 1 is actually not so easy to hit by people paying attention, his instant is a fake instant, in a pinch it's hard to land. People will always gravitate to easier characters like kratos, raiden (only for gathering AP i'm not saying he is easy over-all.), Good cole, Evil Cole, Sly Cooper, (alot of sly's not alot of Good Sly's). That's just the way people are.
Message 2 of 11 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Feb 26, 2013

AngelGozen wrote:
He has a learning curve, overall he is a really good char but, his lvl 2 is easy to dodge by pro dodgers , and his lvl 1 is actually not so easy to hit by people paying attention, his instant is a fake instant, in a pinch it's hard to land. People will always gravitate to easier characters like kratos, raiden (only for gathering AP i'm not saying he is easy over-all.), Good cole, Evil Cole, Sly Cooper, (alot of sly's not alot of Good Sly's). That's just the way people are.

I main Heihachi, and I agree with this post 100%, accept it as solution.

Message 3 of 11 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

I played as him all the time until I got sick of my level 2 being all about chance. Unfortunately, the AI on Kuma isn't ideal, and there's been plenty of times where he's gotten no kills at all. There's also the fact that his hell axle is broken vs Sly, as the second kick will not connect against him, thus eliminating many key combos.

Message 4 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Arent Heihachi, Spike, and Dante going to get buffed soon?
dante photo dante2.png
Message 5 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013
Accordding to SB, hes one of the top 3 most underperforming characters in the game.

Probably number 1
Message 6 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I hope Dante doesn't get a buff, every Dante I met so far can combo for quite a bit with him, it's pretty annoying.

Message 7 of 11 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I don't use Heihachi, but I main Sir Dan so I know what it's like to see a character go underused. Smiley Tongue

Like others have said, he has a bit of a learning curve to him, as his attacks require a bit more complex combinations to pull off.  Also, though his attacks seem powerful and you can get some high-AP combos with him, they bascially have little to no range and you almost always have to get in close, making them pretty unsafe against more powerful ranged characters.  Finally, there's a hit-or-miss Level 2 and a cutscene Level 3 that caps at three kills.

So, in essence, I can kind of see why he's appreciated less.  BUT, when a Heihachi player is good, they're really good.

Message 8 of 11 (198 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 26, 2013

No one seems to have notices (despite me bringing it up numerous times) that he's broken vs Sly. Go into practice mode and use a hell axle on him, watch what happens.

Message 9 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

@PsychoticCyclone
I have given your post a kudo in error. In fact, I would give it the opposite of a kudo. If I were not so foreign to this really weird forum layout, your post would instead bear the shameful mark of a frowny face.

...I am also unaware of how quoting works here, which is how you received that undeserved kudo.

tl;dr: I am terrible at using this forum, but my point is... I wag my finger at anyone who complains about Dante. He sucks. I should know.

photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 10 of 11 (159 Views)
0 Likes