249 posts

Re: Why release an unfinished game?

Mar 11, 2013

iiigiigy wrote:

I know:
- that the gaming industry now is less of an art and more of a business
- that it was made in 'Murica and they want as much money as possible
- that people were anticipating this game for quite a while

But why release a game with intentions to add characters to purchase, levels to purchase, costumes to purchase, etc...
Why can't games now-a-days just be released with glitch-free 100% complete content?

Rather than waste the time on how you can make more money, just put more time into creating new ideas for the next version of this game. I already spent $60 on this, i don't want to pay for more.

define "unfinished". alot of games these days do DLC the way to look at it is that they arent able to get the additional content in the alloted time they were allowed. so obviously, they get added in later. and surprisingly, you cant find every single bug or glitch in a game. the QA team probably found as much as they could but then some update screwed up the coding to result in more bugs and fixes. plus adding charactrs this way give them more flexibility to work on other projects or possibly sequel ideas as now they have feedback from fans. thats how i'd see it

Message 11 of 19 (124 Views)
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 11, 2013
DLC is a big part of it. I think a lot of developers do it to meet deadlines, release things right before the holidays or in halo 4's case, cash in before a more popular game comes out.
Message 12 of 19 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

-------------------------------

I know:
- that the gaming industry now is less of an art and more of a business
- that it was made in 'Murica and they want as much money as possible
- that people were anticipating this game for quite a while

But why release a game with intentions to add characters to purchase, levels to purchase, costumes to purchase, etc...
Why can't games now-a-days just be released with glitch-free 100% complete content?

------------------------------

There's no such thing as glitch-free games. Sorry to break it to ya, buddy. Smiley Sad

Photobucket
Message 13 of 19 (102 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1476 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Cause monica members and superbot members don't want to live in the streets.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 14 of 19 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Fact is, this game was half-arsed. What you say is true and most gamers would agree, but on the official all-stars forum, complaints don't go down well by most people, despite being legitimate criticisms. I play this game, i have fun on this game but i still know its not well made nor is it anything special. 

Message 15 of 19 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Because then this would never be released. They'd keep adding more and more and more and more
And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (72 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I have no idea why.... It really sucks that we wasted 60$ on this game and weeks after the release, the game came down for 40$ in gamestop.... Hmmm, Imagine WHY?

I have no problem with the adding of characters (but I hate Zeus cause instead of giving us something we wanted they give us a NEVER requested by NOBODY character... -.-)  cause it makes the game stay alive, then again I would've prefered them to give us like 30 characters and then start the DLC thing. Maybe thats why Kat and Emmet were free, they felt they stole us a lot of money?

Message 17 of 19 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Mar 11, 2013

DLC is made to extend the length of a game's life span. These DLC characters and sets, they're making them after the game is released, not during.

Message 18 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Not everyone is going to be happy about games, some people are satisfied, and others nag and whine on the forums. Nerf this...nerf that, buff this character, etc. my point is, whether you think it's "complete" or not, the games finished, it's been released, DLC just makes the game seem fresh again
Message 19 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes