Mar 11 2013
By: iiigiigy Monster Hunter 36 posts

Why release an unfinished game?

18 replies 316 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

I know:
- that the gaming industry now is less of an art and more of a business
- that it was made in 'Murica and they want as much money as possible
- that people were anticipating this game for quite a while

But why release a game with intentions to add characters to purchase, levels to purchase, costumes to purchase, etc...
Why can't games now-a-days just be released with glitch-free 100% complete content?

Rather than waste the time on how you can make more money, just put more time into creating new ideas for the next version of this game. I already spent $60 on this, i don't want to pay for more.

Too many imbalances. Not enough feedback.
Message 1 of 19 (316 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Why release an unfinished game?

Mar 11, 2013

I actually enjoy that they want to keep putting characters into the game, keeps it fresh.

But... they should have started with more characters on the roster, Balanced the hell outta them, and fixed all the bugs.

which they did not....

--Cloud Strife for All-Stars DLC!--
Message 2 of 19 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Despite what you may think, the game was "complete" when it launched.

The reason they are adding more content is obvious. Also they didn't begin work on it until the game went gold.

Message 3 of 19 (300 Views)
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

To be honest they would probably have gained more purchases of this game if they just added all this into the retail release... The core game is extremely lackluster with only 20 characters about 1/4 being OP and not very interesting stages compared to what was shown in the concept trailer if they took the extra time to further polish the online and make better character choices it may be even on par with Smash.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 19 (297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Mar 11, 2013
1. We want it as soon as possible.
2. The more complex games get, the more bugs they will have. Bugs can take very long to fix and often introduce more bugs.
3. People expect DLC, a game without DLC points towards a lazy studio. DLC prolongs the games replay value.

Basically, this is how things work. Get used to it.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 5 of 19 (295 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 11, 2013
If they had released the game in a "complete" (as you call it) form, I guarantee you that everyone would be b*tching and whining about the lack of new character or stages. Look at a game like Twisted Metal. By design, it was never intended to (and didn't) receive any DLC. It was and is one of the few games available where you got what you paid for. Nothing more, nothing less. Yet people still complain.
Message 6 of 19 (283 Views)
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:
DLC prolongs the games replay value.

Thats basically what unlockables are for which this game sorely lacks besides cosmetic things...I personally don't like things handed to me on a silver platter with unlockables you have that feeling of accomplishment when you unlock that character you so desperately wanted to play as and you get new gameplay experiences which keeps the game fresh without you having to spend 5 bucks.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 7 of 19 (282 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Mar 11, 2013
OP, you're asking the wrong people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am not like my father. The world I create will not be like his."
Message 8 of 19 (260 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 11, 2013

narrasand436 wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:
DLC prolongs the games replay value.

Thats basically what unlockables are for which this game sorely lacks besides cosmetic things...I personally don't like things handed to me on a silver platter with unlockables you have that feeling of accomplishment when you unlock that character you so desperately wanted to play as and you get new gameplay experiences which keeps the game fresh without you having to spend 5 bucks.

^^This^^

Message 9 of 19 (252 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Mar 11, 2013
man, it seems like people have been saying this about most games of today,
weird....
Play For Fun!
Message 10 of 19 (215 Views)
0 Likes