Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: Why "Reload" Means Nothing (for Character Reveals)

Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

jjand302 wrote:

You're telling people to stop being optimistic, that they should be pestimistic. You don't see any reason for character reveal speculation (even though plenty of other people do) and thus you feel it is over speculation. You can't make speculation yourself on the same kind of reasons (no real evidence) yet critisize others for doing the same (ie hypocrite). The Michael ad was actually referenced at E3 and was said to be the lead up to All Stars so yes it is an ad for it. Let people believe what they want and believe what you want. But do not shove your opinion down others throats. 

Incorrect. I'm asking that people be 'realistic'.

If there is a character reveal, and you expect nothing, you have lost nothing and gained something.

If there isn't a character reveal, and you expect nothing, you have lost nothing and gained nothing and therefore feel less compelled to complain.

However if there 'IS NOT' a character reveal, and people expected it to be the big 4, then what happens?
People cry, and complain, and whine. This is proven fact and the problem of this entire community.

So the Michael ad was referenced at E3 to be one. Okay. So where's Lightning, the generic war hero, Isaac Clarke, Solid Snake, that stupid Call of Duty character, the baseball guy, Agent 47, Portal's Chell, Paul Phoenix, Ezio Auditore, an ISA soldier, a Chimera rep, etcetra?

See, look how many characters I just brought up that aren't in PSAS. None of them have been speculated or announced (except for Snake and Lightning speculation).

Also Portal's Chell would be amazing.

Actually, Ezio was also somewhat speculated, and Chimera wasn't technically 'speculated' but a lot of people wanted one as a character

Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 31 of 84 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 20, 2012
But you're expecting nothing. so you shouldn't say "don't expect". Just let people believe what they want to believe.
you're like what paypay said. a relgionist. lol.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 32 of 84 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I agree with the OP. Just because the voice of the blindless speculators (who've jumped for hints every chance they got) is pushed on this forum more then the people who just for once want to talk about things we actually know, doesn't mean we're in the minority. Just means the majority can't be bothered with the bs.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 33 of 84 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

True about Ezio, I was skimming over my text when I brought up the other two.

Message 34 of 84 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi, I wouldn't call you a hypocrit...

but you have contradicted yourself multiple times

and I agree with you on multiple points (but not all)

Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 35 of 84 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Did we forget snake was in the live action trailer? Ehy is it ok to say "this has nothing to do with characters" but not say "it has something to dovwith characters"? They are bith speculation. Lol
Photobucket
Message 36 of 84 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
But you're expecting nothing. so you shouldn't say "don't expect". Just let people believe what they want to believe.
you're like what paypay said. a relgionist. lol.

Stupid exists because stupid is allowed to roam free. If stupid is discouraged then stupid is less likely to occur. If stupid is less likely to occur, we gain more threads that actually discuss the game, as in the 'game' game instead of constant whining when people don't get their way.

If this isn't a trailer that's just a trailer and it does in fact reveal said 4 characters, again, I'll still be ecstatic. However, if there isn't, what will happen? This forum will once again be filled by hundreds and hundreds of threads about children who expected too much and demand that their absurd demands be filled. See TGS2012, and basically all speculation so far about reveals past Raiden's leak.

Sure, lets let that happen. Lets let developers see us as spoiled little brats.

Message 37 of 84 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Once again, I'm in agreement with MarrowOchi on all of this.

For those saying "so you're saying we should all be pessimistic?" the answer is yes. Be pessimistic. Set the bar low. If the reveal is little more than a new Michael ad, then by setting your expectations low, you can just say "that's what I expected" and walk away. If it IS character reveals (which I too believe is unlikely) then your expectations have been exceeded.

HOWEVER if you're insistent that it must mean character reveals, you're setting your expectations rather high. What happens when no characters get revealed? Crushing disappointment, and knowing several people around here, hate mail directed at Superbot for no good reason.

Hope is one thing, false hope is another. I'm with Marrow on all of this; in my opinion, it's either a new Michael ad or just the start of the PS All-Stars ad campaign. Nothing more. Sure, it'd be cool if more characters got revealed, but let's not assume that's what will happen. You can hope for it, but don't expect it. The problem is, too many people around here confuse hope with expectations, and that's why we get situations like TGS where "I hope there are character reveals at TGS" somehow morphed horribly into "where are those characters you promised us, Superbot??!!!?!?!?" when no characters were actually promised. People just expected them and called it "hope".

Hope for the best, expect the worst (ie. "it'd be cool if this meant new characters reveals but it's rather unlikely when you stack up all the evidence"). If the worst happens (most likely just a new Michael ad, which in itself will be pretty awesome) then you're not disappointed because it's what you expected.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 38 of 84 (66 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Playstation all stars has barley has any advertisement on TV. Michael was a BIG attention-getter commercial. If it did have to do with Playstation All Stars, they would have at least put the name of the game in that commercial for everyone to see.
Message 39 of 84 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
Did we forget snake was in the live action trailer? Ehy is it ok to say "this has nothing to do with characters" but not say "it has something to dovwith characters"? They are bith speculation. Lol

Incorrect on the second part. What I brought up was a 'point'. It had some form of proof and logic behind it instead of most of these trailers that are like 'Its a reveal trailer for Crash because there's a shadow on this girls back that vaguely resembles his nose'.

Message 40 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes