Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: Why "Reload" Means Nothing (for Character Reveals)

Oct 20, 2012

You're telling people to stop being optimistic, that they should be pessimistic. You don't see any reason for character reveal speculation (even though plenty of other people do) and thus you feel it is over speculation. You can't make speculation yourself on the same kind of reasons (no real evidence) yet criticize others for doing the same (ie hypocrite). The Michael ad was actually referenced at E3 and was said to be the lead up to All Stars so yes it is an ad for it. Let people believe what they want and believe what you want. But do not shove your opinion down others throats. 

Message 21 of 84 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 20, 2012

jjand302 wrote:

You're telling people to stop being optimistic, that they should be pestimistic. You don't see any reason for character reveal speculation (even though plenty of other people do) and thus you feel it is over speculation. You can't make speculation yourself on the same kind of reasons (no real evidence) yet critisize others for doing the same (ie hypocrite). The Michael ad was actually referenced at E3 and was said to be the lead up to All Stars so yes it is an ad for it. Let people believe what they want and believe what you want. But do not shove your opinion down others throats. 

^this

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 22 of 84 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:
Reply to C - no, one character isnt. But the BIG 4 remain. So if they do happen, how are you gonna feel? you'll say something dumb like "i never said they weren't in, just that it was unlikely" and you won't even apologise.

The big 4? You mean the DLC that hasn't been announced and not confirmed by anyone and instead are just speculations from the community?

Yeah, doesn't work like that. If it is, they insult everyone on their playerbase and I'm sure everyone here will just lap that up if Crash is in it.

If they're in? If it is a trailer for it? Sweet. I've lost nothing as a person and I've gained four characters. I'll still take it as an insult for the 20 other characters who didn't get their own specific trailers in which they were acted out.

I knew that's how you'd react. "i lose nothing and gain 4 characters" when you're basically saying it's not gonna happen. you know what you lose? you lose face.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 23 of 84 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 20, 2012

boberthurd1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

The reload trailer means nothing, at least in terms of characters. Why? Several big reasons.

A- If you didn't notice, this is a live action trailer. Out of all the previous characters on this list, none of them have any live action trailers. If one character, or any characters, get a live action trailer, and none of the others do, you're essetionally insulting every single previous character and developer. No, no matter how much you want to believe it, even Crash isn't that important to alienating all of the franchises you just acquired to be able to use in this.

B- As previously stated this trailer can really only mean one thing; its a live action trailer for all the characters already announced. Either this is just a really awesome trailer for PSASBR that reveals nothing whatsoever, with all characters in live action (Which, by the way, would be friggin' awesome), or its a reveal for the story that encompasses all the characters and explains how they're there in the first place. No alienation, as described in point A.

C- This cannot be for DLC. They would not make a giant live-action trailer, for DLC. That's preposterous. Heck not even Point A would be as insulting as this.

D- We're not even positive this is for Playstation All-Stars. Yes, there's huge hints to it being such but it is not confirmed, by anyone, that it is for it.

E- Wait 'till the 23rd for christ sakes. Stop speculating things that make no sense. You'll only get mad in the end.

Hypocrite

OMAR.jpg

Message 24 of 84 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 20, 2012

nightrunner_ks wrote:

boberthurd1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

The reload trailer means nothing, at least in terms of characters. Why? Several big reasons.

A- If you didn't notice, this is a live action trailer. Out of all the previous characters on this list, none of them have any live action trailers. If one character, or any characters, get a live action trailer, and none of the others do, you're essetionally insulting every single previous character and developer. No, no matter how much you want to believe it, even Crash isn't that important to alienating all of the franchises you just acquired to be able to use in this.

B- As previously stated this trailer can really only mean one thing; its a live action trailer for all the characters already announced. Either this is just a really awesome trailer for PSASBR that reveals nothing whatsoever, with all characters in live action (Which, by the way, would be friggin' awesome), or its a reveal for the story that encompasses all the characters and explains how they're there in the first place. No alienation, as described in point A.

C- This cannot be for DLC. They would not make a giant live-action trailer, for DLC. That's preposterous. Heck not even Point A would be as insulting as this.

D- We're not even positive this is for Playstation All-Stars. Yes, there's huge hints to it being such but it is not confirmed, by anyone, that it is for it.

E- Wait 'till the 23rd for christ sakes. Stop speculating things that make no sense. You'll only get mad in the end.

Hypocrite

OMAR.jpg

Your sig gets me every time.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 25 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

jjand302 wrote:

You're telling people to stop being optimistic, that they should be pestimistic. You don't see any reason for character reveal speculation (even though plenty of other people do) and thus you feel it is over speculation. You can't make speculation yourself on the same kind of reasons (no real evidence) yet critisize others for doing the same (ie hypocrite). The Michael ad was actually referenced at E3 and was said to be the lead up to All Stars so yes it is an ad for it. Let people believe what they want and believe what you want. But do not shove your opinion down others throats. 

Incorrect. I'm asking that people be 'realistic'.

If there is a character reveal, and you expect nothing, you have lost nothing and gained something.

If there isn't a character reveal, and you expect nothing, you have lost nothing and gained nothing and therefore feel less compelled to complain.

However if there 'IS NOT' a character reveal, and people expected it to be the big 4, then what happens?
People cry, and complain, and whine. This is proven fact and the problem of this entire community.

So the Michael ad was referenced at E3 to be one. Okay. So where's Lightning, the generic war hero, Isaac Clarke, Solid Snake, that stupid Call of Duty character, the baseball guy, Agent 47, Portal's Chell, Paul Phoenix, Ezio Auditore, an ISA soldier, a Chimera rep, etcetra?

See, look how many characters I just brought up that aren't in PSAS. None of them have been speculated or announced (except for Snake and Lightning speculation).

Also Portal's Chell would be amazing.

Message 26 of 84 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I knew that's how you'd react. "i lose nothing and gain 4 characters" when you're basically saying it's not gonna happen. you know what you lose? you lose face.

I'm saying if it 'does' happen, I'll still be happy with the said 4 characters.

I'm saying, be skeptical, not overenthusiastic.

Message 27 of 84 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 20, 2012

alright people, let's stop all the arguments right now,

this thread has descended to a state that's just gonna attract more problems...

Play For Fun!
Message 28 of 84 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 20, 2012
To conclude. Let people speculate, if they are wrong it's not your problem. You're speculating yourself so...
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 29 of 84 (88 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
To conclude. Let people speculate, if they are wrong it's not your problem. You're speculating yourself so...

I'm speculating on a more middle-ground instead of hopelessness and overoptimism.

What I'm saying, in the end, is;

If its just a trailer, then its just a trailer. Don't assume, don't expect, don't demand.

Message 30 of 84 (82 Views)
0 Likes