Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: Why "Reload" Means Nothing (for Character Reveals)

Oct 20, 2012
A - the Michael trailer.
B - why can't it be an awesome ad for the game?
C - why can't it?
D - we are 99% sure it is
E - What are you doing right now then?
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 11 of 84 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Here's the funny thing about all the insults pointed at me in this.

A- If I'm a hypocrite, why is it that I made a thread that basically equalizes all the theories 'except' for a character reveal, meaning the one that makes absolutely no sense? If you expect no characters, then you won't get your hopes dashed when nothing gets revealed. And if there is something revealed; great, you've lost nothing and you've gained something in return. Its a win/win scenario.

B- Is there a live action trailer, meaning that the character themselves are portrayed, for every single character on the cast? Does Dante have his own live action trailer with someone portraying him? Is there a CG Toro interacting with anyone? Does Nariko have her own deal where she's beating Kratos at arm wrestling? No? Okay then.

3- I'm going to assume 'religionist' is 'don't be hating'. I wouldn't feel compelled to hate if there wasn't so much dumb around. Hope is not the magical shield of gaming. Cynicism and the reliance on nothing is the real shield. The industry is falling fast, and if you expect, assume, presume, or hope of anything left, then you're either an indie gamer or a fool.

Message 12 of 84 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hypocrite

I'm open to the possibility of it not being anything at all.

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hypocrite

I'm open to the possibility of it not being anything at all.

You're still a hypocrite for speculating about this trailer then telling other people to stop speculating

Message 13 of 84 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
A - the Michael trailer.
C - why can't it?

A- The Michael trailer wasn't an announcement for Playstation All-Stars. It was just an awesome advertisement.

B- It should be an awesome ad for the game. For all the characters. I'm not saying it isn't, I would so love that. Except I'm not assuming it is.

C- Because you're essetionally saying that one character is more important than every other character on the cast. Impossible and insulting.

D- 'We're' 99% sure it is. Do we have confirmation? Has Omar commented on thi- has anyone who doesn't say 'no comment' confirmed, from SuperBot, that it is? No? Okay then.

E- I'm doing what I do best; providing logic.

Message 14 of 84 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

You're still a hypocrite for speculating about this trailer then telling other people to stop speculating

I'm telling everyone to stop 'over'-speculating.

Message 15 of 84 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 20, 2012
Reply to C - no, one character isnt. But the BIG 4 remain. So if they do happen, how are you gonna feel? you'll say something dumb like "i never said they weren't in, just that it was unlikely" and you won't even apologise.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 16 of 84 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

C- Because you're essetionally saying that one character is more important than every other character on the cast. Impossible and insulting.

What if the ad is the remaining characters "joining" the others? This point is the only one that I think has some validity, but there are quite a few ways to get around this.

Message 17 of 84 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:
A - the Michael trailer.
C - why can't it?

A- The Michael trailer wasn't an announcement for Playstation All-Stars. It was just an awesome advertisement.

B- It should be an awesome ad for the game. For all the characters. I'm not saying it isn't, I would so love that. Except I'm not assuming it is.

D- 'We're' 99% sure it is. Do we have confirmation? Has Omar commented on thi- has anyone who doesn't say 'no comment' confirmed, from SuperBot, that it is? No? Okay then.

E- I'm doing what I do best; providing logic.

In one of the previous thread someone posted up the info where someone said at E3 that it was foreshadowing all-stars.  EDIT:  The to michal comercial.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 18 of 84 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 20, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Reply to C - no, one character isnt. But the BIG 4 remain. So if they do happen, how are you gonna feel? you'll say something dumb like "i never said they weren't in, just that it was unlikely" and you won't even apologise.

The big 4? You mean the DLC that hasn't been announced and not confirmed by anyone and instead are just speculations from the community?

Yeah, doesn't work like that. If it is, they insult everyone on their playerbase and I'm sure everyone here will just lap that up if Crash is in it.

If they're in? If it is a trailer for it? Sweet. I've lost nothing as a person and I've gained four characters. I'll still take it as an insult for the 20 other characters who didn't get their own specific trailers in which they were acted out.

Message 19 of 84 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Oct 20, 2012

You're telling people to stop being optimistic, that they should be pestimistic. You don't see any reason for character reveal speculation (even though plenty of other people do) and thus you feel it is over speculation. You can't make speculation yourself on the same kind of reasons (no real evidence) yet critisize others for doing the same (ie hypocrite). The Michael ad was actually referenced at E3 and was said to be the lead up to All Stars so yes it is an ad for it. Let people believe what they want and believe what you want. But do not shove your opinion down others throats. 

Message 20 of 84 (116 Views)