Oct 19 2012
By: Zezzler Wastelander 596 posts

Why people are seeing reflections in the new video

[ Edited ]
14 replies 323 views Edited Oct 19, 2012

What is happening is similar to psychoacoustics, whereas when you have a rhythm in your mind (in this case, an image), your brain tries to imprint it onto other audio because you are TRYING to hear it (in this case you are TRYING to see Crash or whomever).

What this is called though is The Gestalt Effect.

So you have various images in your brain, and when you see something, you try and piece everything together with whatever you have in yor brain. Be it something from a long time ago (such as certain paterns) or something you see everyday (a hat). In this case, someone implanted the image of Crash into your surface level cognition and when you see that image, you are specifically looking for it, so your brain places in the image, instead of what is actually there (just a normal plain reflection of a window or whatever). 

This is why we can recognize things, and this is how memories over the years get slightly warped or manipulated.

Can we please just drop it and go back to, you know, talking about PLAYSTATION ALL STARS!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (323 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: Why people are seeing reflections in the new video

Oct 19, 2012
Oh my god I forgot to bring up this disorder when I was posting
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Thank you OP. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I have studied psychology and agree with you but I too can see the reflections. The most viewable is snake and Omar did say that there was a possibility of adding characters to the final 20. He just said stay tuned. Perhaps they are on the game, perhaps they aren't. People should speculate and assume what they want. They do have the right to do that. The Internet is a place to post things you believe in and such. They are talking about PSASBR. It's not like they are talking about halo on these forums. It may sound I'm being rude but I'm not. I'm just giving out my opinion. Plus if you don't believe in the theory then why must you comment and make threads about it. Let people think what they want. It's not like their forcing us to believe.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Am I the only one who thinks the reflection is actually the camera guy?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (255 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 19, 2012
the camera guy has 3 faces?
ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Its cause they have been up all night playing the beta and are slowly loosing their sanity.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 19, 2012

fratboy1994 wrote:
I have studied psychology and agree with you but I too can see the reflections. The most viewable is snake and Omar did say that there was a possibility of adding characters to the final 20. He just said stay tuned. Perhaps they are on the game, perhaps they aren't. People should speculate and assume what they want. They do have the right to do that. The Internet is a place to post things you believe in and such. They are talking about PSASBR. It's not like they are talking about halo on these forums. It may sound I'm being rude but I'm not. I'm just giving out my opinion. Plus if you don't believe in the theory then why must you comment and make threads about it. Let people think what they want. It's not like their forcing us to believe.

kudos:smileyhappy:)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Spoken like a true artist. at my institution in the first class i took out first chapter was on gestalt (although more than this, but this idea is a big part of gestalt in general)

Had he not said "look, you can see crashes face", slim to no people would have said they had.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (194 Views)
0 Likes