Highlighted
Jul 20 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Why people Assume Crash won't be in the game?

[ Edited ]
35 replies 389 views Edited Jul 20, 2012

Activision had always been the publisher for Crash. 

1) Why are people doubting his arrival?

2) Why wouldn't they let Crash in?! It would help Activision greatly as well. It's not a 'Win-Lose' deal, it's a 'Win-Win'. 

I don't think people really understand a lot of how 'asking for a character' from a company really works...

But who knows? Maybe I'm just not all that informative of Crash anymore. (I only played his psx games - And still do to this day.) 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 36 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Re: Why people think Crash won't be in the game?

Jul 20, 2012

Kinda off topic from what your saying, but you should try some of his PS2 games, as long as you don't get into the Mutant/Titan gameplay territory. Twinsanity was actually really good and was a huge love letter to fans of the original games.

On-topic: Most people just don't think very highly of Activision. 

Message 2 of 36 (372 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Microsoft was about to buy Activision so yea o-o;.
Message 3 of 36 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I actually tried Mind over Mutant and gave up LITERALLY an hour after playing it. Sold it. It was HORRIBLE. But Twinsanity sounds fun! Is it like the first 3 at all? :] Thank you for the suggestion! I really appreciate it!

And oh... Well it's kind of immature to think he won't be in it for that reason, eh? o.o
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 4 of 36 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 20, 2012
thanks, Mark! :]

I doubt they'll buy it Smiley Tongue

If they hadn't by now, (it's been what, weeks?) I don't think they will Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 36 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 20, 2012
It is and provides a lot of humor and playable Cortex and Nina. I really suggest it as I think it's almost, if not, as good as the classics. Not to mention the acapella soundtrack, that was just pure genius.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 6 of 36 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks Count! ^^

I think I'll check GameStop and see if they have a copy :]

Thanks guys!!
Message 7 of 36 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Yeah twinsanity is a great game, I expect Naughty dog would have attempted something similiar if they still had the rights to crash back in the early ps2 days, tag team racing is when things started to get iffy diffy imo

Rayman for all stars
Message 8 of 36 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Jul 20, 2012

It's not quite like the first three, it's open world and your free to explore and such. It's basically about Crash and Cortex having to team up because of these evil alien bird things. The gameplay is really good, and it has the best writing in any Crash game by far, with it being penned by a Ren & Stimpy veteran. The soundtrack is also incredible, and is entirely a-capella.

Message 9 of 36 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Re: Why people Assume Crash won't be in the game?

Jul 20, 2012

Either Sony or Universal Studios originally had the IP rights to Crash.  When ND moved on though just Universal had the rights to it.   They then sold it to Konami.  It kepted getting sold over and over again until in 2008 Activision got it.  Activision and Sony don't have a very good relationship, thus it is very unlikely they will give Sony the ok to use a character from an IP that they own.

So anyone who thinks logically has pretty much accepted that Crash and Spyro will not be in All Stars due to Activision owning their respective IPs.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 10 of 36 (319 Views)