Jan 31 2013
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

Why not give every character a Kill Confirm?

7 replies 202 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

I mean at least one that isnt super hard.

Make big daddys ice last a little longer so he can confirm with it, it already has a slow start up time and must be positioned correctly.

Same goes for Jaks mass inverter, it has a huge start up time and it must be close-ish to the opponent - allow it to stun for long anough to confirm with it, it seems justified.

I havnt played all the characters fully so im unsure if there are anymore who had ridiculously hard kill confirms
But many have super easy ones: Cole, Kratos, E-Cole, Raiden ect

Only a few moves across the game need to be tweaked to make it kill confirm system more balanced, or those who have easy ones need to be made harder?

Message 1 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Re: Why not give every character a Kill Confirm?

Jan 31, 2013

Nariko and sir daniel

Message 2 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Jak needs a true HC. Its worst enough he has nothing going on for him but his overrated Mobility which was nerfed and is still overrated...

Jak has:

-No tricks

-Useful stuns

-Isn't a heavy based combo character

-No counters

-No effect moves like Drakes Stun, Slys smoke bomb and etc.

-Not so well AP gain

-Overrated and bad hiboxed Level 2

-Gltiched level 3

-No original voice actor

-ETC!

He has far to many lacks that deserve for him to have a buff and HC!

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 3 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I dunno, I like the feeling of accomplishment when I use Sir Daniel. I mean sure, I go for down-square or air side-square confirms sometimes, but those are situational and easily prevented (don't roll in to me when I spin, and don't stand on a platform above me/against a wall).

I hate the confirms that can just be pulled out of nowhere. Yes, you can dodge/block them, and I do. I just can't bring myself to using them without feeling cheap. I like the feeling when you get someone lined up to get a wall-rebound as PaRappa, or you fool someone in to being blasted by Sir Dan's level 1 through a platform.

If those characters had reliable level 1 hit confirms... Things like that would just be useless, and those of us who like to work for our kills just get left behind. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
46 posts

Jan 31, 2013

giving everyone a kill confirm would drastically turn this game into a air camp fest since having a lv1 basically means your dead if the other guy can get a hit also it would make lv2's and 3's completely useless because why save ap where you can just hit confirm into a lv1.

Message 5 of 8 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

That's my gripe. Kratos, Raiden and Evil Cole shouldn't have such blatant kill confirms because they build AP so easily. It's a no-risk high reward system that puts them at the top of the roster.

I personally think that kill confirms shouldn't exist on level 1 supers. It breaks the whole system. Level 1 should be risky because it doesn't cost much AP but whatever.

Message 6 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Nope.. the blst mod breaks blocks and his level one is amazing.. his level three is hard to use , not glitched..
Message 7 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Kill Confirms sours the game experince

Message 8 of 8 (74 Views)