Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Why is Sly's level 1 uninterruptable?

Dec 20, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@Strife93 No it's all about adapting if you see him do it a lot early on, you know he is gonna try to abuse it. It's not hard to take advantage if you know he is gonna do it and make him think you gonna attack pause then attack after he goes for it unsuccessfully.

I know how to adapt and generally do so, however, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't trouble in a hectic 2v2 battle. Of course it's no trouble when he's your only focus. (Maybe a situation where you're distant from your ally and taking on each enemy separately.) Attacks such as PaRappa's large uppercut are great for riskless removal of counters. It's when he [invisibly] drops in on two or more enemies that the teeth of his counter are shown. 

That being said, I guess I just think the window is for his counter to work is too large. And that it's large-ness is a huge benefit when a Raiden is dashing halfway across the map to aid his escape.

In any case, I'm going to go run/record some tests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 21 of 22 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Why is Sly's level 1 uninterruptable?

Dec 20, 2012
In 2v2 and FFA I personally don't have much trouble with it is all, can he catch you with it he and there, yes. For me I just pause a bit before attacking him and it usually works pretty well for me.
Message 22 of 22 (63 Views)
0 Likes