Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Why is Sly's level 1 uninterruptable?

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

"I also think he should be interrupted if someone hits him but considering the scene, it's not really Sly who's attacking it's his friend so you'd have to attack him instead of Sly which isn't possible..." I agree with this completely when I said this in a different way on a thred before people thought I was nuts. I don't see how it makes sense for Murray to vanish into thin air (and yes I think Narikos level 1 should be like this if she gets hit Kai and the barrel should not vanish). I dodge Slys level 1 a lot which is why I think it's fine.

Message 11 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Fat_Slapper wrote:
I think the community has been over this enough. It makes up for him not being able to block. Sure, it's a good super and hard to cancel but it can be done.

Watch how he uses his level 1. Some will go invisible so you know it's coming. And you know he's gonna wait for you to be near other opponents. Try baiting predictable players into using their super, then counter. I dodge his lvl1 super a surprising amount of times just by jumping over it.

No, having a spammable counter, multiple evasion techniques, a teleport and multiple stuns + a confusion attack all make up for his inability to block. He doesn't need a super that can't be interrupted.

Message 12 of 22 (139 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Ok I'm so sick of people attacking his counter calling it spammable when he is 1 of 6 who have a counter that can be spammed, and don't give the "he can do it at any distance" crap that applies to a small portion of the roster. If they nerf Slys counter then they should nerf every other characters counter if they have one. His teleport basically is his roll, and his confusion bomb is beyond easy to dodge.
Message 13 of 22 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Dec 20, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok I'm so sick of people attacking his counter calling it spammable when he is 1 of 6 who have a counter that can be spammed, and don't give the "he can do it at any distance" crap that applies to a small portion of the roster. If they nerf Slys counter then they should nerf every other characters counter if they have one. His teleport basically is his roll, and his confusion bomb is beyond easy to dodge.

Sly's counter doesn't compare to other's because the recovery time is only half a second, whereas everyone else is very vulnerable if they miss.

Message 14 of 22 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:

Sly's counter doesn't compare to other's because the recovery time is only half a second, whereas everyone else is very vulnerable if they miss.

Ditto this. Can't believe people aren't all on the same page, yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 15 of 22 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

If its a close range attack and he times it wrong you hit him, or if you see it coming and avoid hitting him there is more than enough time to get in and punish him. That's a horrible argument.

Message 16 of 22 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:

If its a close range attack and he times it wrong you hit him, or if you see it coming and avoid hitting him there is more than enough time to get in and punish him. That's a horrible argument.

Sly's window of vulnerability is way more brief than any of the other counter-attacks, it's very easy to run into a group of enemies and just spam away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 17 of 22 (94 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 20, 2012
@Strife93 No it's all about adapting if you see him do it a lot early on, you know he is gonna try to abuse it. It's not hard to take advantage if you know he is gonna do it and make him think you gonna attack pause then attack after he goes for it unsuccessfully.
Message 18 of 22 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1226 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

I assume the logic is that its because he summons another character rather than attacks himself, so technically you'd have to hit Murray to interrupt it, not Sly. Though it is horribly OP, try fighting against a max level AI Sly, You wont know what hit you then that level one will just come out of nowhere.

Message 19 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 20, 2012
His counter is one of the only ones that effects long range attacks, raidens, kratos, and dantes are just normal parries. Not to mention he has a teleport and he has a basic attack that steals ap...his level 1 should be just as stoppable as everybody else's.
Message 20 of 22 (74 Views)
0 Likes