Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 09/15/2012
Offline
450 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Both fair points but they're also both just a matter of opinion. I'd say that due to the genre Crash has probably already made a bigger impact than ff7 ever could. That's not a dis for ff7. It's just that a platformer would naturally have more impact on the industry as a whole than an rpg i'd say. so one of the most popular platformers trumps one of the most popular rpgs. Not saying you're wrong. Just saying i don't agree.


I have to disagree on that one buddy. ff7 brought most gamers to rpgs. Can you say that about crash? Or are you thinking about mario?

Message 61 of 89 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012
Crash didnt impact the game indursty. Thats not an opionan that fact. Uncharted redefined storytelling and pushed the limits of graphics, inFAMOUS proved there can be a good superhero game, FF7 is one of the best rpgs of all time. Crash was a good platformer with very good looking graphics
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 62 of 89 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012
Playstation doesnt have a "mario" esque character that is in every game they release
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 63 of 89 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
2075 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Paramedic293 wrote:

I do think people look back on them with rose tinted glasses. Sure they were good games, but they weren't the absolute epitamy of gaming excellence and quality like most people are making them out to be. I think because most people played them as a child they loved it so much more because it was so much more of a surprise to them to play a game like that, and that love stuck with them their whole life. If they had played those games when they were older, they probably wouldn't have loved them so much.


I've been watching YouTube videos of the old crash games... Still looks crazy fun to me!


i still play through crash 1-3 for fun sometimes.  theyre still freaking awesome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 64 of 89 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
Crash didnt impact the game indursty. Thats not an opionan that fact. Uncharted redefined storytelling and pushed the limits of graphics, inFAMOUS proved there can be a good superhero game, FF7 is one of the best rpgs of all time. Crash was a good platformer with very good looking graphics


I don't understand how you can think that. Platforming was at that time the biggest genre in the industry and would remain that way for years after. Up until crash and mario 64 3d platformers were barely recognised. Then these 2 games came out within 2 months of each other and suddenly THE biggest genre in gaming gets a complete overhaul. Every platformer to come since would be completly different without these games. And it can't be said that it was all down to mario just because he got there 1st. They were released very close together ergo they were developed at the same time ergo they cannot be said to have made any differences to eachother in the development process. So they both effectivly created the basis for every platformer after it and given that, like I said it was at the time and for a long while after it THE biggest genre, that's one hell of an impact.

Message 65 of 89 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012
3D platformers were much bigger in the ps2 gen the psone gen. PSone was a lot of great rpgs. PS2 was the best platformers of all time next to Mario.Sly, Racthet, and Jak
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 66 of 89 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/24/2011
Online
4346 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

 

I dunno. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 67 of 89 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
3D platformers were much bigger in the ps2 gen the psone gen. PSone was a lot of great rpgs. PS2 was the best platformers of all time next to Mario.Sly, Racthet, and Jak

There were a lot of great RPGs on the PS1 but I still personally think platforming was bigger.
There were a lot of great platformers on the PS2 but I still think Crash & Mario were the main cause.
So agreed but it doesn't change my view.

Message 68 of 89 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012
PSone had some platformers but compared to PS2 it wasnt as big. PS2 gen platformers were like how first person shooters are now
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 69 of 89 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Why is Crash so important?

Oct 6, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
Crash didnt impact the game indursty. Thats not an opionan that fact. Uncharted redefined storytelling and pushed the limits of graphics, inFAMOUS proved there can be a good superhero game, FF7 is one of the best rpgs of all time. Crash was a good platformer with very good looking graphics


I don't understand how you can think that. Platforming was at that time the biggest genre in the industry and would remain that way for years after. Up until crash and mario 64 3d platformers were barely recognised. Then these 2 games came out within 2 months of each other and suddenly THE biggest genre in gaming gets a complete overhaul. Every platformer to come since would be completly different without these games. And it can't be said that it was all down to mario just because he got there 1st. They were released very close together ergo they were developed at the same time ergo they cannot be said to have made any differences to eachother in the development process. So they both effectivly created the basis for every platformer after it and given that, like I said it was at the time and for a long while after it THE biggest genre, that's one hell of an impact.


If you ask anyone that didnt owned a ps1 ppl  will say crash who? only we old gamers remenber him  heck the new generation is just ps2 up and middle ps2 life  crash isnt remenbered by younger audiences since his games stopped  mario will be remenbered for ever he is doing platformers for ever mario was the defining char for platformers 3d or not this is where most ppl take ideas from.

 

Message 70 of 89 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes